Link Posted: 6/16/2002 1:39:54 PM EDT
[#1]
dumbassclown.
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 1:50:13 PM EDT
[#2]
How stupid can you be?
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 2:04:37 PM EDT
[#3]
She should have known better, but s**t happens.
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 3:05:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 3:27:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Are we sure this was not intentional? They have now shut down several forests to ALL activity, for the duration of the drought.

Almost marshal law in some areas, and now they have called up more troops to stand by in case of more fires.

creepy
View Quote

Not surprising...
Here in the Northwest, there have been confirmed instances of govt. workers and others planting evidence to close areas because of "endangered species", and rigging the science like last years shut down of the Klamath basin farmers...
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 3:56:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 4:06:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Did anybody else notice that RAF's post seems more than a little suspicious???  I wonder who DIRECTED him to make that post.

I bet he's got a UN flag on the wall of his garage...
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 4:10:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
For some of you:  Is there any occurance that is NOT part of some enormous, ill-defined but menacing plot to destroy our liberties?
View Quote

Yeah...a few...[:D]
And, if one does a little work they may find it's not so "ill-defined"...
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 4:18:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 4:29:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Well said Dave. I was born & raised in Massachuetts, and I can tell you this. Yankees ain't what they used to be........
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 4:35:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 4:35:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 4:36:53 PM EDT
[#13]
My wife was the town secretary in Copper Canyon, Texas for five or so years.  In years without a lot of rain, town placed a prohibition on burning yard clippings, shash piles, etc.  Every year, some stupid bastard would burn anyway, and usually take a few acres of someone elses land with him.  Stupidity is pretty universal.

-hanko
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 4:50:39 PM EDT
[#14]
OK so now we got one female .gov employee in Colorado that's burned down the SW approach to Denver.  And another female .gov employee in Colorado responsible for setting loose "mad cow" disease into the wild deer and antelope population.  Who's hiring these bimbos??  And who's responsible for supervising their escapades??
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 5:13:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Is it being argued by some that this fire was set intentionally, and that the fire was part of an over-arching Grand Conspiracy?

Surely there is room in this world for simple, ordinary human stupidity and chance to shine through.

For some of you:  Is there any occurance that is NOT part of some enormous, ill-defined but menacing plot to destroy our liberties?

View Quote

no.

SSD
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 5:44:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Colon fire?
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 8:33:14 PM EDT
[#17]
We are a fierce independent people out west and we don't like .gov involvement.

-Well said, Dave  Though I may be a transplant I could not agree with you more.

First we are told it was an illegal campfire, now we are told it was a park ranger?  It's just typical.

It may have been intentional, it may have been negligence,  either way, she should rot in that nice womans prison we have down in Canyon city.
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 8:39:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
And another female .gov employee in Colorado responsible for setting loose "mad cow" disease into the wild deer and antelope population.
View Quote

Ok, I must have missed something.  WTF?!

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 8:42:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Intentional or not, I could really care less.  The fact that she is the one who reported the fire and then LIED about the whole thing lets us know she knew what she did.  She knew it was wrong!

This person needs to be punished.  She was in a position that knew the dangers and she chose to set a fire.  She knew what could happen.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 9:09:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
And another female .gov employee in Colorado responsible for setting loose "mad cow" disease into the wild deer and antelope population.
View Quote

Ok, I must have missed something.  WTF?!

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
View Quote

GBT, this is open source news from about a month ago.  Seems a female .gov wildlife biologist (Dr. Elizabeth XYZ) at a wildlife research station near Ft. Collins took it upon herself to inject samples of specimens from animals infected with "chronic wasting disease" into captive deer and antelope.  Only problem was her "captive population" wasn't so captive.  She did not have the usual precautions of double-fencing, sequestered feeding facilities or sterile "cordon sanitaire" procedures.  The end result is her "captive" test population intermingled with the indigenous wild population, the test population was infected with CWD (or CJD or mad cow disease) and now the entire population of Rocky Mountain deer, antelope and elk are at risk.  I believe its Minnesota(?) that currently has an unlimited open season on whitetails.  MN(?) wants to totally eliminate the species in some areas to try to slow down the spread of CWD.  I've read a reduction of 16,000 to 17,000 animals but I believe those numbers are dramatically low.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 1:54:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Note to all bimbos who want to burn a letter from your estranged husbands.

Use a damm fireplace!  Preferably in a controlled environment such as an indoor dwelling.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 2:26:12 AM EDT
[#22]
I believe you are talking about WI, Arock.

It was 15,000 deer, now since they've given birth it's 25,000. It's only a 285 square mile area.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 2:46:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Thanks OM4.  I stand corrected.

[:)]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 3:31:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

One could perhaps make a stronger case that such conspiracy exists among Wildlife and EPA types than among our beloved friends at the ATF & FBI. There have been evidence of the former  documented and corroborated in the mainstream press.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 8:42:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 8:58:52 AM EDT
[#26]
She makes a fire in a fire ring thinking she knows what she's doing, to burn a letter.  Fire gets out of control, causing lots of damage.  250,000 dollars worth of damage I believe...

She reports the fire and lies.  Investigation finds out she caused the fire.

She'll now get as little as 10 years and as much as 20, 3 felony counts if I recall correctly.

Moral of the story?  Burning love letters in the forest makes Smokey the Bear cry.

Don't know about you but I think this is worse than that cow kicking over a lantern and starting that one fire.  I mean holy crap, a love letter.  A friggin' love letter...
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 8:59:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Looks like my original post struck a nerve with some of the tin-foil hat crowd.

Notice if you will that they seldom provide proof for their Grand Conspiracies, but most often chain together coincidences and happenstance events that tend to support their fables.  All else is discarded as irrelevant, especially if it conflicts with the True Believer's world view.

Proof??? Who needs it??!! Especially when you can use selective reporting of the facts, innuendo, and mere hypothesis in its stead.
View Quote

Raf, here's a link to a story about Fed. employees planting evidence to expand endangered species protection.[url]http://www.ruralcleansing.com/articles/article015lynx.htm[/url]
I am NOT going to do research for you. You may want to surf this whole site, which is run by a friend of mine. You people who criticize the "tin-foil hat" crowd need to get off yer lazy ass's and do some checking......
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 9:27:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 9:28:20 AM EDT
[#29]
And then there was the fire that scorched Yellowstone National Park a few years ago.  That fire was started by .gov crews "backburning" to "prevent forest fires".  Just like the New Mexico fires that burned Los Alamos were .gov set for the same reason.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 9:33:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 9:39:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I am suspicious if this is even the truth, or an attempt by her to put a better spin on the situation.
View Quote

I agree the spin is in about the "letter" scenario.  ALL media outlets are carrying the same story worded exactly the same.  It's like they're all reading off the same script.  Not that it makes any difference but the lock-step does make you wonder.  Who's doing CYA here??
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 9:44:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 10:01:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Oh my guess she is lieing. I've heard that people sometimes start fires trying to look like a hereo by putting them out. My only other guess is she set it because she's some kind of whacko who likes fires. Haven't there been fireman who were arsonists.

I suppose the investigators could be trying to set her up as a patsy to hang this on, but that seems kind of far fetched.
View Quote

What do they call that??  Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy??  Or is that just mothers and nurses who injure or kill children to get praise for reviving them?
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 10:05:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Wonder how many spotted owls she killed.

BTW....if the horny toad was so horny, why is he endangered?  [:D]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 11:11:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 11:18:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
She makes a fire in a fire ring thinking she knows what she's doing, to burn a letter.  Fire gets out of control, causing lots of damage.  250,000 dollars worth of damage I believe...
View Quote

Add another zero (or two) and you're probably a lot closer.  I liked the quote from her neighbor, who said that she's a great gal and that "I don't blame her for anything."  If I were the reporter, I would have bitch-slapped him ON THE SPOT.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 2:30:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Notice if you will that they seldom provide proof for their Grand Conspiracies, but most often chain together coincidences and happenstance events that tend to support their fables.  All else is discarded as irrelevant, especially if it conflicts with the True Believer's world view.

Proof??? Who needs it??!! Especially when you can use selective reporting of the facts, innuendo, and mere hypothesis in its stead.
View Quote

Raf, here's a link to a story about Fed. employees planting evidence to expand endangered species protection.[url]http://www.ruralcleansing.com/articles/article015lynx.htm[/url]
I am NOT going to do research for you. You may want to surf this whole site, which is run by a friend of mine. You people who criticize the "tin-foil hat" crowd need to get off yer lazy ass's and do some checking......
View Quote

Lib, I have heard that.  It's wrong as hell, but not news to me.
I don't deny that people do bad things, they surely do.
I do, however question the propensity of some individuals and groups to to take each misdeed as though it were a little piece of string, ball them all together, and claim that the ever-expanding ball of string is really a giant conspiracy instead of what it really is: a collection of similar but unrelated small bits.

Now, I'll make a deal with you:  If you respect my intelligence and diligence, I'll return the favor until you prove different.  How's that? Fair enough?
View Quote

Until the next time I see the term "tin-foil hat"....
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 6:20:37 AM EDT
[#38]
We need a tin-foil hat smiley.
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 6:35:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

What are you talkin about? You were the first to suggest a "Grand UNified Theory of Conspiracy" here.
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 6:36:20 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 7:03:32 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
We need a tin-foil hat smiley.
View Quote
Like this?

[img]http://zapatopi.net/afdb/afdbsmiley.gif[/img]

(Hope it links!)
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 12:57:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Note if you will, that you degenerate this discussion to name calling immediately. Looks like I struck a nerve with the hotheaded moderator crowd.

If you had a grasp of the English language, you might have noticed that I was actually casting a hint of aspersion on the traditional "tin foil hat" crowd. But hey, all you have to do to discredit someone is call them a TFH, and now anything I have to say is not worth discussion.

I thought about trying to explain my original attempted communication, but now that you're slinging names, I don't see any point in trying to elucidate.
Top Top