Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2005 11:54:27 AM EDT
Okay so right now I am really broke and have been trying to pay off alot of bills and debts owed to the city on fines that I racked up when I was younger. My g/f knows that I have been a bit stressed and with christmas and all and now its even worse because I am just that much broker.

So today she said she was going to buy some shoes on her lunch broke and I blurted out must be nice to have money just to spend on shoes, and then proceeded to go off about how we are a team and how I am broke she shouldnt be spending her money on stuff she really doesnt need.

Come to find out she had a 1 day coupon for the shoe store and she needed new shoes for one of her business outfits , and then she tells me
You remember that memory card you were wanting for your psp and that you did not have money for .. it should be here in 4 days I ordered it yesterday.

How come I always end up looking like the jackass ...

So how do I fix this guys!?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:56:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Grovel & pick some flowers.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:56:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Eat alot of pie.

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:58:21 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Grovel & pick some flowers.

+1 Dumbass Go buy a dozen roses! Or grow them in time for Valentine's Day.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:58:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:59:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Detach your testes for a few minutes and apologize profusely. If you can work a little bit of the wet stuff in too, that'll help. And later, you have to spoon her without poking her in the back.

She sounds like she's worth it.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:00:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh man, that is going to leave a mark.    
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:02:40 PM EDT
[#7]

You remember that memory card you were wanting for your psp and that you did not have money for .. it should be here in 4 days I ordered it yesterday.

"Christmas was 4 days ago!  Can't you do anything right?"
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:02:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Your debt is your problem man up and quit being a bitch and telling your gf what she can and cant buy.

Coupon or not. if its her money its her money. Your not her papa

ETA: Pretty sad that your a team on shit you fucked up.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:05:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Your debt is your problem man up and quit being a bitch and telling your gf what she can and cant buy.

ETA: Pretty sad that your a team on shit you fucked up.

Werd!
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:06:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Easy there cowboy..

We live together I pay the bills but I need help right now due to my extreme lack of money and she knows that and your right i'm not her dad but we are together and I had her move in so we are a Team when one of us is down the other helps out.

Have you ever had a girl live with you or are you one of those

ETA: obviously I know I fuqed up that is why I made this post
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:09:45 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Easy there cowboy..

We live together I pay the bills but I need help right now due to my extreme lack of money and she knows that and your right i'm not her dad but we are together and I had her move in so we are a Team when one of us is down the other helps out.

So you got yourself in debt, and she has to suffer?  I agree with olyarms.  
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:10:01 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Easy there cowboy..

So your calling me a fag because you steped in a pile of shit. Wow pat yourself on the back.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:11:38 PM EDT
[#13]
You need a short term fix, AND a long term solution.

Flowers and a sincere apology for the short term fix.

Growing up is the long term solution.

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:12:31 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I didn't realize that was the "fag" icon.

Learn suttin' ever day.

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:17:46 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Okay so right now I am really broke and have been trying to pay off alot of bills and debts owed to the city on fines that I racked up when I was younger. My g/f knows that I have been a bit stressed and with christmas and all and now its even worse because I am just that much broker.

So today she said she was going to buy some shoes on her lunch broke and I blurted out must be nice to have money just to spend on shoes, and then proceeded to go off about how we are a team and how I am broke she shouldnt be spending her money on stuff she really doesnt need.

Come to find out she had a 1 day coupon for the shoe store and she needed new shoes for one of her business outfits , and then she tells me

How come I always end up looking like the jackass ...

So how do I fix this guys!?

Tell her well that is nice now get in the kitchen it is sammich time.  

Sounds like you are kind of broke right now, soo take her out someplace cheap a picnic maybe,  do it alone call it us time.  Totally sweep her off of her feet.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:18:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Yeah I guess I am the only one in the world that ever makes mistakes.  
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:18:42 PM EDT
[#17]
I wouldn't run out and buy flowers yet.  Nothing ticks me off more than a guy who screws up and trys to buy me off with flowers.  I'd do some major groveling if I were you.  Do something for her that she knows you hate to do.  Actions speak much louder.

ETA:  She'll just look at the flowers and remember how you messed up.  Flowers are for saying "I care".  Not I bought these just because I screwed up.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:21:04 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Yeah I guess I am the only one in the world that ever makes mistakes.  

Dude -

YOU started a thread askin' for an arse whoopin'.

Now yer getting one.

Man up.

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:25:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Well we are cool now but I would like to do some thing nice to make up for my momentary lapse of maturity..
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:25:51 PM EDT
[#20]
So uhh sell your PSP.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:26:39 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
So uhh sell your PSP.

It was a gift so thats out of the question
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:27:06 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
So uhh sell your PSP.

Naw, psp is worth so much more than being debt free. Honestly so many people fo into debt but have so much shit they could sell and get out of it.

Guns, Electronics, Cars and so on.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:30:03 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I didn't realize that was the "fag" icon.

Learn suttin' ever day.

This one is better

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:33:32 PM EDT
[#24]
If you live together you are a team, I agree. If she is paying nothing for your mutual expenses then you are nothing but a schmuck.

You screwed up, just apologize, nothing more is needed unless you are going to bring her a jar with your nuts in it. No need for that. Amazed at how many guys think you should grovel. Of course the chicklet does but who cares? Act like a man, which in this case includes apologizing but nothing more.

You can't afford to buy her gifts right now anyhow.

As for why you keep looking like the jackass, sounds like a personal problem. J/K!
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:36:15 PM EDT
[#25]

So you got yourself in debt, and she has to suffer? I agree with olyarms.

+1 on that. Also realize that now anytime she wants to use HER money to buy something for herself, she's going to feel like she has to hide it from you so that you won't get "upset".  Is that what you want?

Well we are cool now but I would like to do some thing nice to make up for my momentary lapse of maturity..

Good job on the realization of how you were behaving. If you said it just like that to her, I'm sure that will go a very long way with her esteem towards you.

You need a good cheap date with her now. The picnic idea is a good one. You can pack an upscale type of lunch and take her to an art museum. Very cheap, interesting, something new, and you can walk and talk and hold hands the whole time. Then have a nice picnic.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:41:26 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Easy there cowboy..

Dude, moving a girl in to HELP YOU pay off DEBT you got BEFORE her is LOW! When a girl does that shes a gold digger, what are you?

Its your fucking debt! She should not be paying any of it! Sell your PSP! I was in 10,000 $ debt with my FIANCE. It was both of our faults. We ate Macaroni and watched public TV for 3 years. I worked 3 fucking jobs. I would only let her work one. Man up! Ditch the PSP, sell your tommy hilfiger jeans and get 2 more jobs lazy fucker!
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:47:04 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Dude, moving a girl in to HELP YOU pay off DEBT you got BEFORE her is LOW! When a girl does that shes a gold digger, what are you?

!

Its even worse than the old saying "Why pay for the cow when you can get the milk for free."

Its getting the cow to pay you for getting the milk.

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:47:12 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Easy there cowboy..

Its your fucking debt! She should not be paying any of it! Sell your PSP! I was in 10,000 $ debt with my FIANCE. It was both of our faults. We ate Macaroni and watched public TV for 3 years. I worked 3 fucking jobs. I would only let her work one. Man up! Ditch the PSP, sell your tommy hilfiger jeans and get 2 more jobs lazy fucker!

umm we have been together for almost 4 years I started cleaning my stuff up about 8 months ago when we split up for a while and she chose to move back in.
You should get your facts straight before you start making ignorant posts..
And I dont own hilfiger jeans I prefer not to own or wear silly name brand clothing

ETA:

I had her move in

Okay I can see where you got that from , my bad.. I didnt even realize I had typed that but the truth is she moved in on her own after we got back together...
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:48:15 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Best thing you could do for her is to make SURE it never happens again.

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:52:21 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I wouldn't run out and buy flowers yet.  Nothing ticks me off more than a guy who screws up and trys to buy me off with flowers.  I'd do some major groveling if I were you.  Do something for her that she knows you hate to do.  Actions speak much louder.

ETA:  She'll just look at the flowers and remember how you messed up.  Flowers are for saying "I care".  Not I bought these just because I screwed up.

Some good stuff there - I agree with all of it except the "major groveling" part - I'll apologize if I'm wrong, but there'll be no groveling at my house... doing something nice for her isn't a bad idea, though...

- georgestrings
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top