Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2016 1:31:09 PM EDT
I expected either a Lego game or something to come out, but nothing. I wonder if it's because the movie is a bit mature for the humor of Lego games.  Anyone know of plans on the horizon for a Rogue One game?
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:12:21 PM EDT
[#1]
More than likely star wars battle front will have more dlc content to buy that maybe will cover this hard to tell. I have yet to see the movie but I like what Disney is doing so far with the franchise.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 4:19:53 PM EDT
[#2]
If they put anything out at this point, I'd be surprised.  We just have the Battlefront expansion.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 4:26:56 PM EDT
[#3]
It is probably a hard sell making a children's game where...

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 5:02:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Not sure what kind of game they could do for it, but an arcade style one.  

Maybe something like Shadows of the Empire, but have the ability to experience the story as anyone of the characters from different viewpoint.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 6:04:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Probably because Disney and EA have the rights to it or something like that.

Star Wars Battlefront had the new Rogue One expansion.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 6:05:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It is probably a hard sell making a children's game where...

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Was thinking the same thing.  The Lego games have a pretty good sense of humor about even some of the morbid things in the SW universe, though.  

Click To View Spoiler

How cool would it be if the X-Wing games had that final battle as a few missions?
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 6:28:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

How cool would it be if the X-Wing games had that final battle as a few missions?
View Quote

Isn't that what they are supposed to be doing with the Battlefront Rogue One DLC?
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 6:35:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Isn't that what they are supposed to be doing with the Battlefront Rogue One DLC?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't even know the Battlefront game had space missions.  I just bought it, though, and will find out on Christmas Day if I can wrestle the new Xbox away from her.  Never played an FPS on a console before, so it'll be interesting.  Wish I had gotten a PS4, though, since they offer VR experience.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 10:03:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

It is. Multiplayer only. No single player
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 2:06:19 AM EDT
[#10]
All I know is we need something more than Battlefront in the SW universe.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 5:09:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

If Lucas Arts (back when it existed) didn't have the guts, or at least lost its fortitude, & did nothing for 3 yrs until its demise, I don't hold out much hope for a mega-publisher (EA) doing service.  The days of immersive storied experiences like X-Wing & Tie Fighter, & massive open world MMO's like the original Battlefront are gone.  Mass markets dominate the games business with rare exception.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 6:11:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

If Lucas Arts (back when it existed) didn't have the guts, or at least lost its fortitude, & did nothing for 3 yrs until its demise, I don't hold out much hope for a mega-publisher (EA) doing service.  The days of immersive storied experiences like X-Wing & Tie Fighter, & massive open world MMO's like the original Battlefront are gone.  Mass markets dominate the games business with rare exception.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct.  I think the correct modern terminology that would be used if one of those games were made would be "you're leaving money on the table."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top