Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/19/2012 10:54:39 AM EDT
I loved it and downloaded it. It's full of FUCK YEAH ! ! !

Awwww Yeaaaaaa
Link Posted: 10/19/2012 10:59:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Seen this before and well worth a repost.

I normally dislike it when someone redoes the song but this is really good.

Link Posted: 10/19/2012 10:59:54 AM EDT
[#2]

That was 4:09 well spent.  Some good pickers in that band.

Link Posted: 10/19/2012 11:01:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Little dusty in here...
Link Posted: 10/19/2012 11:12:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Cool.

Nice clips of Navy Football.

Link Posted: 10/19/2012 11:13:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/19/2012 11:16:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Nice to see that not all the hipsters and new age hippies are "America hating" douche bags!

ETA: I see Orange County Choppers has had them in for concerts! GOOD FOR THEM!

Link Posted: 10/19/2012 11:18:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Little dusty in here...

No dust here, but I get the goosebumps every time!
Link Posted: 10/19/2012 11:22:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/19/2012 1:21:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yeah, any rendition of the Star MANGLED banner usually pisses me off too.

This doesn't fit the mangled banner mold at all.

Link Posted: 10/19/2012 2:26:25 PM EDT
[#10]
watched and posted on FB
Link Posted: 10/19/2012 2:42:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes
Link Posted: 10/19/2012 2:44:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Hell of a good song, anyone see what Queen Latifah did to it? I wanted to slap that bitch through the t.v.
Link Posted: 10/19/2012 2:52:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Yea that was kickass! The pineapple grenade mic stand was badass as well.
Link Posted: 10/19/2012 3:08:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Loved that rendition.
Link Posted: 10/19/2012 6:21:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
watched and posted on FB
Nice Job! I would too except I'm up to my eyeballs on FB dealing with the sudden death of a close friend, Joe Olivieri.  He was the cop killed on the Long Island expressway yesterday.

Anyway...  Guys I believe the site I linked to says they want people to download the song. They're trying to reach a goal in the millions..

Have at it. It's only 99 cents on Amazon..

Link Posted: 10/20/2012 5:50:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Um, if you don't post something it will drop like a rock and less fellow arfcommers will see it.
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 5:59:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Pretty cool and unlike the quote at upper right I actually do have The Star Spangled Banner on my iPod

Link Posted: 10/20/2012 6:01:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, any rendition of the Star MANGLED banner usually pisses me off too.

This doesn't fit the mangled banner mold at all.

This^

Awesome version!  Based on their other music, they are very patriotic.

Big thumbs up from me!
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 6:24:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 2:56:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Pretty cool and unlike the quote at upper right I actually do have The Star Spangled Banner on my iPod

I did not, but now I do! Think the mods can sticky it for a week or so?

Link Posted: 10/20/2012 7:43:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Now it's stuck in my head.
Link Posted: 10/23/2012 8:31:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Really guys? Over 900 looks and only 16 ( not counting my own ) bumps or replies? If you saw this and liked it share it with everyone else. Even if all you do is post a..

+ 1
Link Posted: 10/23/2012 8:34:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Downloaded that a couple weeks ago. It was pretty damn good!
Link Posted: 10/23/2012 8:37:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Thanks OP.
I like it.
Link Posted: 10/23/2012 8:40:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/23/2012 8:48:31 AM EDT
[#26]
ROCK ON!!!!

Threw it on the ol' Book of Face as well.
Link Posted: 10/23/2012 8:58:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Guess I will be the bad guy here....{pops fingers}

Here is the deal, and I am speaking as a musician of 20 yrs, playing in bands, a tour, and Professional touring lighting tech for yrs.....

This is a marketing tool for a band, plain and simple.....and a good one. Just like any other country artist that put out "feel good" patriotic tunes.
On top of that, it is RARE that musicians are pro gun/Republican...MOST are tree huggin' liberals and are pro Nobama.

I am NOT knocking the song, just simply stating this is a band marketing gag....although a good one  
Link Posted: 10/23/2012 9:05:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Awesome!  Money well spent!
Link Posted: 10/23/2012 9:10:41 AM EDT
[#29]
All the morons they get, but we will never hear this at the World Series or Superbowl.

Link Posted: 10/23/2012 9:45:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Here is the deal, and I am speaking as a musician of 20 yrs, playing in bands, a tour, and Professional touring lighting tech for yrs.....

This is a marketing tool for a band, plain and simple.....and a good one. Just like any other country artist that put out "feel good" patriotic tunes.
On top of that, it is RARE that musicians are pro gun/Republican...MOST are tree huggin' liberals and are pro Nobama.

I am NOT knocking the song, just simply stating this is a band marketing gag....although a good one  

This was my first thought as well.
After taking a look at their web they don't seem to be the tree huggin' pro obama liberals you speak of.

Copied from their "About" page:
"Madison Rising promotes the principles of liberty, independence, smaller government and personal responsibility."

Also is says in the "The Band" section that the lead singer served for 4 years.

These guys seem pretty legit.
Link Posted: 10/23/2012 10:27:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

After taking a look at their web they don't seem to be the tree huggin' pro obama liberals you speak of.

"Madison Rising promotes the principles of liberty, independence, smaller government and personal responsibility."

Ok..I will give him that, I didn't do my homework.   Typically, these are USUALLY a marketing tool
Link Posted: 10/23/2012 11:05:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

You're not the bad guy. They're selling a song you say? Ok, fine. That's America. I can't see that as any reason to not download it. How many people out there pay for and download song singles? Hell, just about everyone!

If you like it and want to buy it, buy it. I did. I am not ashamed or feeling cheated somhow. I also don't see how you're the bad guy for pointing out that the purchase isn't going to charity but is a commercial profit for the band.

If that's the truth so be it.

Link Posted: 10/23/2012 11:11:47 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/23/2012 11:18:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/23/2012 11:43:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Gave me some serious goosebumps

Awesome song

Link Posted: 10/23/2012 11:52:05 AM EDT
[#36]
The Star Spangled Banner has words and a tune.  I do not like them messed with.  It's good and simple like a grilled cheese.  Sure you can use four kinds of cheese and put it on some fancy bread and grill it with penguin butter and it may taste great,  but you destroy the humble  elegance of it.

Link Posted: 10/23/2012 1:09:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The Star Spangled Banner has words and a tune.  I do not like them messed with.  It's good and simple like a grilled cheese.  Sure you can use four kinds of cheese and put it on some fancy bread and grill it with penguin butter and it may taste great,  but you destroy the humble  elegance of it.  
I usually DO NOT like anyone messing with the Star Spangled Banner either. Unfortunately it has become all to common.

I love what this band did with it. They did not wander too far from it's traditional cadance and the guitar solo was exactly that. It was also done with could only be described as patriotic enthusiasm. These guys have a love of the flag, and of the country.

I haven't been exactly getting that warm fuzzy from the other manglers..

Link Posted: 10/23/2012 1:13:46 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I usually DO NOT like anyone messing with the Star Spangled Banner either. Unfortunately it has become all to common.

I love what this band did with it. They did not wander too far from it's traditional cadance and the guitar solo was exactly that. It was also done with could only be described as patriotic enthusiasm. These guys have a love of the flag, and of the country.

I thought it was well done and think it would be great to hear on the radio, but, I wouldn't want it at a ceremony.

Link Posted: 10/23/2012 1:50:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Very good.
Link Posted: 10/23/2012 2:35:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I was kind of thinking the same thing but this is bad ass and very fitting for our time.  I'll be rocking it election day for my Obama supporting neighbors.  Anything patriotic should drive them out of their skin.
Link Posted: 10/23/2012 2:49:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Taken in that light, EVERYTHING that every band does is a "Marketing gag".  That's what bands do, after all, is sing about things...
Link Posted: 10/23/2012 3:01:17 PM EDT
[#42]
I used to work with the singer.

Link Posted: 10/23/2012 3:07:51 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I thought it was well done and think it would be great to hear on the radio, but, I wouldn't want it at a ceremony.

This exactly.  In formal situations the anthem should be played traditionally, but this is a really neat rendition of it for casual listening.

Link Posted: 10/23/2012 3:59:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I used to work with the singer.
And... Tell us more!

Link Posted: 10/23/2012 4:05:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok..I will give him that, I didn't do my homework.   Typically, these are USUALLY a marketing tool

Another victim of tldr I guess. It had been indicated earlier in the the thread that this wasn't a flash in the pan grab at attention. Patriotism is what these guys preach.  One of these days people might read the whole thread before responding. Until then,
Link Posted: 10/23/2012 5:07:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Hmmm.. I'm thinking it would fit on the stage at the Daytona 500. Also I think back to some of the UGLY renditions we have had to suffer (Rosanne Barr) and think, why not?

Link Posted: 10/23/2012 5:09:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was kind of thinking the same thing but this is bad ass and very fitting for our time.  I'll be rocking it election day for my Obama supporting neighbors.  Anything patriotic should drive them out of their skin.
You're not kidding. I'm going to blast it from my garage on election day. I'm behind enemy lines here so it will be fun.

Link Posted: 10/23/2012 6:20:22 PM EDT
[#48]
I've heard so many mangled versions I wasnt expecting much but I loved it and will download

Link Posted: 10/23/2012 6:24:17 PM EDT
[#49]
I think it's awesome, and I usually HATE non-traditional versions of TSSB.

Posted on FB.

Link Posted: 10/23/2012 6:37:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Very good.

Not a fan of messing with TSSB but I like it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top