Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/25/2002 10:23:09 AM EST
20 and 30 round mags: standard capacity Above 30: high capacity Below 20: low "limited" capacity mags Edited to add: depends on what state your in. Since when did we start calling 30 round USGI magazines "high caps"? They're the standard capacity for an AR/M-16/Match Target and those cheap 10-rounders are post ban "limited capacity magazines". Flame me again!! [:)] CRC
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 10:38:05 AM EST
I thought that anything over 10 is a High Capacity. I would state that the term High-Cap is due to the crime bill outlawing anything over 10 rounds being made after 1994, and the just effective assault weapons ban. Just my opinion.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 10:48:46 AM EST
What did you do, just take a Semantics class or something? Words mean things..., except in this instance, I think. [;D] Seriously, with this and that other thread you over-estimate the capacity of non-gunnuts to make meaningful distinctions between pre- and post-ban status or "high" and "low" capacity magazines. Most non-gun geeks could care less. They just want to see fewer gun deaths in the news.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 10:52:38 AM EST
I never liked the name "High Capacity" as applied to most magazines. IMHO, a 15-round mag for a pistol designed to take a 15 round mag is a standard capacity. High-capacity should refer to mags that hold more rounds then the gun was designed for, like 100-round AR mags, or 30-round pistol mags that stick out the bottom of the grip.
Top Top