Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2002 11:23:09 AM EDT

20 and 30 round mags: standard capacity

Above 30: high capacity

Below 20: low "limited" capacity mags

Edited to add: depends on what state your in.

Since when did we start calling 30 round USGI magazines "high caps"? They're the standard capacity for an AR/M-16/Match Target and those cheap 10-rounders are post ban "limited capacity  magazines". Flame me again!! [:)]

CRC
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 11:38:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I thought that anything over 10 is a High Capacity.

I would state that the term High-Cap is due to the crime bill outlawing anything over 10 rounds being made after 1994, and the just effective assault weapons ban.

Just my opinion.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 11:48:46 AM EDT
[#2]
What did you do, just take a Semantics class or something?

Words mean things..., except in this instance, I think.

[;D]

Seriously, with this and that other thread you over-estimate the capacity of non-gunnuts to make meaningful distinctions between pre- and post-ban status or "high" and "low" capacity magazines.

Most non-gun geeks could care less.  They just want to see fewer gun deaths in the news.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 11:52:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I never liked the name "High Capacity" as applied to most magazines. IMHO, a 15-round mag for a pistol designed to take a 15 round mag is a standard capacity. High-capacity should refer to mags that hold more rounds then the gun was designed for, like 100-round AR mags, or 30-round pistol mags that stick out the bottom of the grip.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top