Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/29/2002 8:08:04 PM EDT
I had my boat in storage for over a year and went to the storage unit (barn) to clean it up etc and discovered the co-ax cable to the depth finder gnawed through.  Shooting the little rodents aside, how do I get rid of the bastages?
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 8:09:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I would pass on the shooting them "aside," in favor of shooting them through and through.  
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 8:12:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 8:12:55 PM EDT
[#3]
6TCU does wonders on them. Look kind of like flying pizza's.

The un fun way is poison them.. Or live trap them for the PC crowd.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 8:15:50 PM EDT
[#4]
colibre rounds
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 8:18:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I would pass on the shooting them "aside," in favor of shooting them through and through.  
View Quote

LOL

Try some .22 birdshot.

They drew first blood........
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 8:23:48 PM EDT
[#6]
dude you do not f*ck with a man's boat. he'll kick your ass. the only option is to bring it (slap back of open right hand into palm of open left hand quickly. have it make a slap noise.) shooting is appropriate. shoot the little bastards. or grab em and throw em in the woods. or put them in someone's house, boat, car you don't like.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 8:24:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I vote for shooting them with the collibri ammo. Its fun, and you get to get rid of the pests. Just watch out for ricochets, that stuff tends to do that.
Squirrel or rat traps baited with walnuts might work too.

Link Posted: 5/29/2002 8:24:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Tarp the thing and throw some phostoxin tablets in there--that sould take care of them.  Just remember to let it air out thoroughly before you hang around it too much
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 8:33:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 8:33:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I hooked up the water hose and cranked up that 225 hp 2 cycle with the doors closed and let it run for about 15 minutes.  Of course, I wasn't inside with it while doing this.  The place where I have it is not a completely sealed environment. I was hoping to make them extremely uncomfortable.   I still need a more permanent solution.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 8:37:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Tarp the thing and throw some phostoxin tablets in there--that sould take care of them.  Just remember to let it air out thoroughly before you hang around it too much
View Quote

Where would I go about aquiring this product?
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 8:42:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Anywhere that sells fumigants for grain bins and such.  Works very well, I used it on bins for many years but have lately used it to kill out some prarie dogs and other burrowing pests
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 8:43:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Where would I go about aquiring this product?
View Quote

Just so I have this straight, you'll [i]kill[/i] them but you don't want to [b]kill[/b] them?

Pull the trailer into the local MALL parking lot, then DUCK.

THose MallNinjas will totally flip out on such small, destructive mammals.

Or you could shoot them.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 8:43:35 PM EDT
[#14]
It could be restricted in Tx, don't know..
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 8:46:55 PM EDT
[#15]

Just so I have this straight, you'll [i]kill[/i] them but you don't want to [b]kill[/b] them?

Or you could shoot them.
View Quote

A few tablets will kill them and anything else on board that boat.  A few years ago a neighbor of mine through a handful into one of his employees house--no more employee or employee family---Glad he was arrested before I pissed him off

Or you could shoot them.
View Quote

I get a picture of Leo (Lethal Weapon 4 or something) trying to shoot that shark on board that boat, cracks me up!
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 9:08:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

THose MallNinjas will totally flip out on such small, destructive mammals.
View Quote

Oh, I have no qualms about killing the cute little rats with the fluffy tails.  I just don't want to put any more holes in my barn.
I guess I could rent a mall ninja for a couple of days so he could hang around and be a part time "barn ninja." That would be sweet.  He could throw a few stars around while they sneak through the rafters and chew on my boat.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 9:10:20 PM EDT
[#17]
You're making my peepee hurt!
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 9:15:21 PM EDT
[#18]
I had alwasy heard the Alkaseltzer (sp??) would cause small animals to expoded from gas build up. Can anyone confirm this? Maybe it might work and cure the problem without alot of damage
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 9:17:18 PM EDT
[#19]
[img]http://animalpicturesarchive.com/animal/Animated_GIF/Squirrel/sqtiny.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 9:25:11 PM EDT
[#20]
I had a neighboor who had one of those big motor homes. He kept it along the side of his house. One day he discovered that squirrels had got into the front ddriving area and chewed up all his seat upholstry, the arm rest, and the console. He was ticked off. I think he just called his insurance company. Got coverage?

You guys are taking the wrong appproach the the squirrel problem. Set traps - Yummy!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top