Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2013 2:16:17 PM EST
I picked up a used baton at the flea market today for $3. The handle is held to the body of the baton with a large square drive screw. The screw seems tight but the handle is loose so I need to take it off and see what the problem is. My first issue is I measured the drive and its like 13/64". a quarter inch drive will not fit and my #3 square bit spins. None of my torqs or hex wrenched will fit, either too big or too small. After a little research I think I need a #4 Robertson bit. I fugured I couled find one local but no dice. In fact I am having hard time finding one on line. WTF? Anyone know of an easy way to get out a #4 Robertson screw of know where I can find a bit without spending too much more then I spent on purchasing the baton??
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 2:28:11 PM EST
Cheap 1/4" extension, file to fit?
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 2:37:05 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By nick89302:
View Quote

yeah, I may have to go that route. I will pick up a cheap POS from Harbor Freight if I do it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 2:41:16 PM EST
PR-24?
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 2:42:50 PM EST
Easy out.
Then replace it with something normal.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 2:46:55 PM EST
Originally Posted By 03PSD:

yeah, I may have to go that route. I will pick up a cheap POS from Harbor Freight if I do it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 03PSD:
Originally Posted By nick89302:

Might as well pick up a set that has wrenches as well. When you need to bend a wrench with a torch so it'll fit in some weird location, you won't have to make another trip.

That is also the set you loan out or keep in the truck.
Top Top