Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2013 3:16:17 PM EDT
I picked up a used baton at the flea market today for $3. The handle is held to the body of the baton with a large square drive screw. The screw seems tight but the handle is loose so I need to take it off and see what the problem is. My first issue is I measured the drive and its like 13/64". a quarter inch drive will not fit and my #3 square bit spins. None of my torqs or hex wrenched will fit, either too big or too small. After a little research I think I need a #4 Robertson bit. I fugured I couled find one local but no dice. In fact I am having  hard time finding one on line. WTF? Anyone know of an easy way to get out a #4 Robertson screw of know where I can find a bit without spending too much more then I spent on purchasing the baton??
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 3:28:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Cheap 1/4" extension, file to fit?
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 3:37:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

yeah, I may have to go that route. I will pick up a cheap POS from Harbor Freight if I do it.

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 3:41:16 PM EDT
[#3]
PR-24?
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 3:42:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Easy out.
Then replace it with something normal.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 3:46:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

yeah, I may have to go that route. I will pick up a cheap POS from Harbor Freight if I do it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Might as well pick up a set that has wrenches as well.  When you need to bend a wrench with a torch so it'll fit in some weird location, you won't have to make another trip.

That is also the set you loan out or keep in the truck.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top