Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2004 2:14:01 PM EDT
Anybody use Sprint. Should I switch?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:16:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been with Sprint for two years, no complaints.  Never tried any other carrier though, but I feel like Sprint is just fine.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:19:10 PM EDT
[#2]
They rock, my business has had lots of carriers over the years. Sprint has been the best so far. I'm on my 4th year with them. Bellsouth and verizon sucked bad, always messed my bill up and everything was extra.

I drove from Nashville to Rifle,Co. and never dropped a call, even in the mountains.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:21:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:24:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:26:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm in East Texas and T-Mobile is just plain dreadful.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:34:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Sprint SUCKS.

I had Verizon and switched to Sprint… A BAD MISTAKE.

If you like a very restricted calling area… chose Sprint. Get off the major Highways and forget coverage without roaming.

If you like the worst customer service and dealing with the idiots that work for Sprint… chose Sprint.

If you go with Sprint you will be sorry.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:48:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Sprint sucked here in Tucson.  I took my phone back after three days.  That money back guarantee is bullshit.  Two phones cost me $80 for those three days.  Sure you get SOME of your money back, just not ALL of your money back.  

Don't bother reading the fine print.  You will miss it.  Sometimes a vendor will let you borrow a phone for a week to see if it works in the typical coverage areas you seek.

Verizon seems to work well.  Their customer service seems to be better than a couple years ago.

/still hate cell phones!  
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:58:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Having worked in the wireless industry for 6 years, I can say with great confidence that there is no question that Verizon Wireless is the best coverage, bar none.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:58:53 PM EDT
[#9]
I've yet to find a place with no service (except northern VT hunting), even places where my buddies can't get service with other providers. I've used a number of others, I'll stick with Sprint.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:22:22 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm quite pleased with Sprint PCS.  THey have an excellent web setup - I can use my brokerage site almost as well as a regular laptop connection.  Quality of voice is good, and coverage adequate.  I will say there are areas where they do not have coverage, but those are few, and I don't mean this to sound like it will, it doesn't matter.  As long as they have coverage  where YOU need it, that's all that matters; who cares about Trashcan Falls?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:26:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Sprint is the best mobile phone service so long as your in a coverage are.  Also, if your going to use your pcs phone to connect your laptop to the web it has the FASTEST connection speeds of all the services availible.  I connect to the web with my laptop at 230.4kbs which is 41/2 times faster then 56K and a little under 120kbs slower then bottome of the line DSL.

Sprints cutomer service is another issue.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:29:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:37:27 PM EDT
[#13]
I've had no major problems with Sprint and we've had them for several years now.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:40:44 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I've had no major problems with Sprint and we've had them for several years now.

Yeah, it's a very reliable service.  Did you sign up for the "Fair and Balanced" plan?  It's actually a real money saver.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:17:46 PM EDT
[#15]
They suck sooooo bad.  

I can't even begin to tell you how much I HATE sprint.

I have one more year in my contract.  I hate themm.................
`1
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:19:06 PM EDT
[#16]
I think it varies greatly by region. Get opinions from people in your neck of the woods.

Around here, Sprint is fantastic.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:26:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:57:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Depends on your location. I have Liberty that is part of Sprint that use to be Worldcom. My service has been great here and up thru the back country in GA.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:03:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Indianapolis...Sprint sucks.  Service is terrible and customer service lines are long.  I wanted to choke that idiot in the trenchcoat everytime he came on TV.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:06:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Sprint sucks.. but some things its better then others... I have it now but only b/c of the free nights after 7pm and its the only cell phone that will work in my house. Other wise I would be back to verizon in a heart beat. Cheaper better plans and alot better coverge.. well better but for my house.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:09:10 PM EDT
[#21]
I had sprint.  My livingroom was in service area,  while the hallway was roaming.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:18:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Another Sprint sucks in Central KY.  I could walk thru my house and go from full coverage to roaming, to no coverage, and no, I don't live in the Trump mansion, it's a small ranch.

Michael
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:55:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Sprint's customer service sucks and their coverage in the DC area was worse than AT&T or Verizon.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:58:50 PM EDT
[#24]
NO!
AT&T is worse.  Stay well away from GSM.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:15:51 PM EDT
[#25]
NEXTEL. Done|

Just get Nextel and be done with it.  That is, if you're in their service area.  All I know is I'll never switch to any other carrier unless I am forced to move out of their coverage area.  The phones are bulletproof, the service is top notch, and the customer service is better than most.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:21:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Sprint is ok with me.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:22:00 PM EDT
[#27]
I had Sprint for 5+ years with two different phones.  Used mostly in metro areas in Texas, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico and Florida.  No problems with Customer Service or billing.   The plans were OK and for me the multi-state coverage was fine.  Sound quality and reception were good.  I always had problems with getting messages late, though, often two or more days.   The final straw??? For the last six months or so with Sprint, I lost almost every connection after about two minutes.   Sprint could not assure me that a new phone would fix the problem... It was cheaper to change to Cingular and buy a new phone than buy a new phone and stay with Sprint.  Sprint's sound quality (Samsung) was better, but my Cingular service is better.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:33:55 PM EDT
[#28]
um, I'm here in Kansas City and have dropped calls at the sprint world headquarters.  all the neg is true, but that universally applies to all cellphone companies I've tried and I've tried them all.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:38:35 PM EDT
[#29]
In central Virginia, Sprint does pretty well.  Of course after a couple of years with Alltel, Campbell's soup cans and a string would have sounded better.

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:47:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Just find out who has the most towers in your area and go with THEM.
For the most part that is all it comes down to, they are all locked in a land battle right now.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:51:32 PM EDT
[#31]
I've been using Sprint for over 5 years. Most of my buddies who had switched to other companies,
went back to Sprint. It's not perfect, but probably one of the best services here in Austin.

Oh, and the digital reception is amazing! When I forward my business phone to my cell,
no one knows - a big plus for me
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:58:38 PM EDT
[#32]
No one uses Virgin Mobile?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:21:03 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I thought virgins were a myth???
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:24:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:32:41 AM EDT
[#35]
I had Sprint, I got Alltel now

Sprint had bad cust service, service at the store was even worse.
It didnt work in alot of places in or out of town, didnt work in most buildings.
Didnt work when it was raining!
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:34:31 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
NO!

I will second that one.  AT&T has been overpromoting GSM because they want to get rid of TDMA.  Their GSM service really sucked in Utah County until they took some of the 850MHz gear and converted it to GSM.  They put the control chan down in that frequency range which carries further and it helped.  

They are still having problems in some of the more populated areas of Salt Lake County, but it is improving.  It has a LONG way to go before it reaches the level of service that is currently provided by Verizon.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:02:03 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
NO!

I will second that one.  AT&T has been overpromoting GSM because they want to get rid of TDMA.  Their GSM service really sucked in Utah County until they took some of the 850MHz gear and converted it to GSM.  They put the control chan down in that frequency range which carries further and it helped.  

They are still having problems in some of the more populated areas of Salt Lake County, but it is improving.  It has a LONG way to go before it reaches the level of service that is currently provided by Verizon.  

Because it's all they got now.  What a dumb move! AT&T sold of their TDMA architecture.  Why start adopting a Euro standard for "3G" so late in the game?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:22:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Other then I go into roam everytime I am in a concrete building, a concrete basement, etc. I have loved sprint. Have had it for about 5 years now. One complaint I do have was customer service at a site here. I went to a different site in town and all was good. Just one idiot out of many.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:52:02 AM EDT
[#39]
Depends on your coverage area.

Most of the in-laws have Sprint, and with the PCS-PCS free plan, she can call her mom and it doesnt cost a fortune.

Customer service has been pretty good, but when you're at the top of the plan list (Vision 2500), they take pretty decent care of you, unlike the pay-as-you-go plans at many carriers.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:59:01 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:58:18 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
NO!

I'm still on the old non-GSM service with them, and it is going downhill fast as they convert to GSM.  But that is today.  A couple years ago when I was dumping Sprint, AT&T was a big step up in coverage and customer service.

I'll be converting to Verizon in the ner future.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:42:12 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

That;s what i have now.  But virgin moble is just using sprints network.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:25:41 AM EDT
[#43]
I heard that Sprint really sucks.

I have verizon...and it is good.  But don't buy a flip phone...flip phones from verizon have suckey reception.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:49:49 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Having worked in the wireless industry for 6 years, I can say with great confidence that there is no question that Verizon Wireless is the best coverage, bar none.

+1
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 9:16:12 AM EDT
[#45]
+2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top