Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2006 7:42:32 PM EDT
I have to repaint several interior rooms, and the spray vs. roll question is now at hand.  One rooms has electronics gear in it that I can move or cover, the rest are just furniture.  There are no doors between most of my downstairs rooms I'm painting (dining, hallway, living room) and the kitchen, so that might be an issue.  

I have a respirator, time, and the option of getting either wagner power roller or sprayer to use for a short time.  And 11 gallons of paint.  Each room is going to be one color.  

Any reason to get one over the other?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:00:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Prep is alot more intensive for spraying and once your commited, you have to finish.
With a roller and brush you can just prep each area as you go. Doing the cut-in's is the only real time issue and once you "get the hang" of it, even that can go fast. Do remove the cover plates, but don't worry about masking area's for the cut's, just get a good angle brush, a clean wet rag and a small drop cloth and go to it.
Rolling the fields will go real fast.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:11:32 PM EDT
[#2]
overspray is a PIA.
spraying is no faster unless you are clearing out the house.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:16:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Roll.

Definitely roll.

The reasons have already been laid out in this thread.

If the Power Roller works like it's supposed to, the job should go just as quickly as the sprayer.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:48:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll be replacing the wall plates after I paint, so they'll all be gone anyways.  Looks like rolling is the big winner.  woohoo!  Go Roll go!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top