Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2004 6:55:52 AM EDT
About 5 days ago I noticed a large spider on my ceiling, it seemed harmless so I let it be.  Well it just sat there, for 5 days.  It never moved an inch.

Now this morning, I wake up only to find I have about 10 spider bites all over my body.  And the spider on the ceiling is nowhere to be found.

The point of this post?  I HATE SPIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:56:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Why didn't you kill it?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:58:29 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Why didn't you kill it?

Was too scared to go near it, fearing it might drop down onto my head.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 7:01:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Wuss.  I've had a spider bite on the back of my knee that's been there for about 8 months now.  I've drained puss out of it about 7-8 times but the dark spot still remains.  My aunt's a nurse and told me it can take up to a year to heal.  First time I'd ever been bitten by a spider.  Was swollen and tender for about a month, now it's just a splotch.  Oh well....another of nature's wonderful creatures.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 11:06:37 AM EDT
[#4]
ARE YOU STUPID???

There is a war on terror and SPIDERS ARE TERRORISTS!!!

You should have killed him and you didnt.

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 11:07:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Maybe you will get some spider powers.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 11:09:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Any spiders that come into my house gets squashed! Period!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:20:55 PM EDT
[#7]
ROTFL!!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:22:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I fucking hate spiders, should've killed it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:22:44 PM EDT
[#9]
It had babies....

AND THEY FED ON YOU!!!!!

Nice knowin' ya!

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:23:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Maybe you will get some spider powers.

Like being to pull fine silk out of your ass, maybe?  
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:26:42 PM EDT
[#11]
I launch pre-emptive strikes on all spiders I see. Otherwise, things like what you described happen.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:29:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Wuss.  I've had a spider bite on the back of my knee that's been there for about 8 months now.  I've drained puss out of it about 7-8 times but the dark spot still remains.  My aunt's a nurse and told me it can take up to a year to heal.  First time I'd ever been bitten by a spider.  Was swollen and tender for about a month, now it's just a splotch.  Oh well....another of nature's wonderful creatures.

Damn dude, what kind of spider was it? Sounds kinda like a recluse bite.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:33:17 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I got bitten by a damn TICK in may, and I still have a spot that hasn't gone away and still ocasionally itches.

I HATE biting insects.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:35:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:37:07 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I got bitten by a damn TICK in may, and I still have a spot that hasn't gone away and still ocasionally itches.

I HATE biting insects.  

I had Lyme disease three times.... I'd hate to have to say "Welcome to the club" but you might want to get it checked out  

- BG
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:42:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Awhile back someone here caught a black widow and kept it in a jar and it laid a sack of eggs.  Did that thing ever hatch?

Who was it!?  
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:46:05 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I HATE biting insects.  

I had Lyme disease three times.... I'd hate to have to say "Welcome to the club" but you might want to get it checked out  

- BG

I worried about that - and I actually asked my doc.

First, it wasn't a deer tick that bit me, but a lone star tick.  Second, my doc told me that it's pretty unlikely to get Lyme disease from a Missouri tick.  Even though Missouri is listed as being in the area of lyme disease cases, they are apparently mostly people who had recently visited places where lyme disease is more widespread (like Wisconsin, I think).

Anyway - thanks for the heads-up, but I'm relatively hopeful it's not lyme disease.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:53:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Flopster:

If you got 10 spider bites and there is a possibility that they might be from a brown recluse, you better hurry the hell up and get to the doctor.  The quicker you get some antibiotics on board, the quicker those will heal.  This is serious stuff, I've seen folks in our hospital that have to have skin grafts, debridements, toes amputated.  Ask for a butt full of Rocephin, some Keflex, colchicine, and a Decadron dosepak (last 3 to take by mouth).  Also, keep those spots covered with triple antibiotic ointment.  Good luck, hope everything works out, and next time......

KILL THE BASTARD PRE-EMPTIVELY!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top