Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2001 7:52:28 PM EDT
I don't know if this is possible, but it would sure help most of us to have a spell check
option available.
Thanks for reading this and thanks for the site.
[smoke]
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 9:12:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I never come to the "site suggestions" forum, and the funny thing is, I came here to suggest the exact same thing....
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 11:59:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Would be nice!!
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 11:59:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Same here, my spelling is getting as bad as my memory, keeps me from posting sometime. spelling

Quoted:
I never come to the "site suggestions" forum, and the funny thing is, I came here to suggest the exact same thing....
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 12:57:19 PM EDT
[#4]
If it could be done without much expense or without site slowdown.  Even then, I kinda like the nat'rul speakin' method of spelling.  Even plain old mispellings tend to humanize the posts.  Adds a sense of real human communication, not spell-corrected cold vanilla computer communication.

Go ahead and mispell.  Mangle the grammar rules, I say!  It's fun!  It's colorful! I certainly don't think any less of someone for mispelling or breaking grammar 'rules'.  This isn't an author's forum.  We're all regular folk!

That's my $0.02
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 10:52:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I need tthat
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 11:07:10 PM EDT
[#6]
What the hel do you need spell chick for?

I certinly don't need iI!

[BD]

Link Posted: 4/19/2001 11:34:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm on aol so what I usually do is just spell check the text in my mail program then cut and paste it in the post....it takes all of 5 seconds to do....
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 6:24:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top