Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2002 7:47:21 AM EDT
No, not the canned meat.  I've cut my junk emails down from 10 a day to 3 or 4 a day, but I always put myself on the remove list and get 3 or 4 new junk mails everyday.  Some simply don't remove you when you request it.  Is there a program you can use on Outlook Express to filter spam since my ISP doesn't?  The problem is I've deleted 1 or 2 legitimate emails thinking they were spam, which is very bad for business.  Any ideas short of getting a new account?
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 7:55:48 AM EDT
[#1]
i've heard that you shouldn't reply to spam, it only confirms a valid email addy

use the "block sender"

btw since i got XP i havent gotten any spam it may be coincidence though
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 7:58:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I've heard that too, but so far its kept them to a point i can handle them.  The problem is if I don't check my email for 3 or 4 days, then I end up with 20 or more spams per day for weeks afterwards until I get it back under control.
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 8:00:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Is there a program you can use on Outlook Express to filter spam since my ISP doesn't?
View Quote

Yes, it's called Outlook Express.

[img]http://boards.rennlist.com/upload/spam.jpg[/img]

[img]http://boards.rennlist.com/upload/spam2.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 8:05:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Can your email address. Get a new one.

If it is a yahoo or a hotmail one, it will stay alive for 90 days, then it'll be deleted by yahoo or hotmail.

Email everyone in your contacts, and tell them NOT TO SEND YOU FORWARDS or SPAMS!
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 8:07:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Kar, that'll work.  Never looked through any of the stuff on it, only checked mail with it.
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 8:15:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Glock31,
IM sent to you.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 8:33:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Spam Buster. It filters your e-mail from Outlook and asks if you want them deleted before you can even open an e-mail. Once the junk is cleared, you can go into outlook and read your e-mails after. Pretty good prog for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top