Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2017 8:34:22 AM EDT
http://launchlibrary.net/

Resupply to the ISS.  First stage will return to land on Land.  Last I heard the weather was 70% GO.

I will be heading down there so don't expect any updates from me until much latter tonight.

Streaming links.

SpaceX Launch webcast

NASA TV
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 8:55:50 AM EDT
[#1]
one more link before I go.

Space Flight Now live coverage.

https://spaceflightnow.com/2017/08/14/spacex-crs-12-mission-status-center/
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:00:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for posting this.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:07:41 AM EDT
[#3]
OST.  

Glad to see the eastern range open for business again.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 12:29:41 PM EDT
[#4]
bump for launch in a minute
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 12:35:08 PM EDT
[#5]
pretty awesome to see separation from ground cameras.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 12:40:14 PM EDT
[#6]
nailed the 1st stage landing
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 12:42:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Sonic BOOM was loud!!
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 12:43:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 1:30:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 4:56:46 PM EDT
[#10]
replay for those that missed it

SpaceX/Dragon CRS-12 Launches to the International Space Station
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:20:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Just looking at the launch schedule, how many can we put up there before there's a collision?
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:33:55 PM EDT
[#12]
This always amazes me:

Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:39:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:50:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Nailed it!
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 11:04:09 PM EDT
[#15]
... always so cool
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 11:17:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Back.  I got lots of pictures but for some reason I haven't been able to figure out imgur won't accept them from this computer.  So they'll have to wait a few days until I have access again to a different computer.

Anyway... I think the double sonic booms that the Falcon 9 first stage makes when returning to land are louder than the ones the shuttle made.  I have no data our understanding of why that might be... just my experience of being very near the landing sites of both during landings.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 5:05:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Back.  I got lots of pictures but for some reason I haven't been able to figure out imgur won't accept them from this computer.  So they'll have to wait a few days until I have access again to a different computer.

Anyway... I think the double sonic booms that the Falcon 9 first stage makes when returning to land are louder than the ones the shuttle made.  I have no data our understanding of why that might be... just my experience of being very near the landing sites of both during landings.
View Quote
The shuttle sonic booms came off the vehicle when it was flying by (vertical shock wave) the runway a few miles off shore at altitude, and it was a couple minutes before landing. This thing comes screaming in strait down so the shock waves travel horizontally off of it. I don't know the decent velocity but it's pretty dam fast since it was like 2 seconds after landing that I heard the booms and the engines.
I was at the VAB during launch and landing so prolly 8 miles strait line from the landing  pad, where were you at?
Would be cool to have an arfcom launch get together sometime.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 9:08:09 AM EDT
[#18]
I was at the 401 viewing location.  Just north of Port Canaveral and just inside the Air Force Station grounds.  It is open to the public on launch days.  Had a clear view across water to the pad and the landing site. I'm told it's 6 miles from the landing site.

google maps
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 9:28:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The shuttle sonic booms came off the vehicle when it was flying by (vertical shock wave) the runway a few miles off shore at altitude, and it was a couple minutes before landing. This thing comes screaming in strait down so the shock waves travel horizontally off of it. I don't know the decent velocity but it's pretty dam fast since it was like 2 seconds after landing that I heard the booms and the engines.
I was at the VAB during launch and landing so prolly 8 miles strait line from the landing  pad, where were you at?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

during the booster's descent the telemetry data showed it going over 3,000km/h until the retro rocket fired off.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 10:04:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

during the booster's descent the telemetry data showed it going over 3,000km/h until the retro rocket fired off.
View Quote

so that's around mach 2.5 at low altitude. Yup, sure looked fast from here.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 11:50:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I was at the 401 viewing location.  Just north of Port Canaveral and just inside the Air Force Station grounds.  It is open to the public on launch days.  Had a clear view across water to the pad and the landing site. I'm told it's 6 miles from the landing site.

google maps
View Quote
Looks like the best landing view location. I think you can still get to playlinda beach during space x launches too, that road was always closed, unless you were badged, at the tville bridge during LC39 launchs.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 11:54:30 AM EDT
[#22]
tag
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 12:37:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Nailed it again.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 11:57:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Ok I'm back at a computer that can upload pictures to imgur...

Album

Some highlights.

Launch

Re-entry burn

Landing

Link Posted: 8/16/2017 12:25:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Also I just put this Shuttle Atlantis ablum together.

Exhibit and my pics from one of its last landings.
Top Top