Warning

 

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 10/31/2009 2:17:01 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/31/2009 2:18:31 AM EST by jeep450]
Discuss



link
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 2:18:35 AM EST
How old was the kid?
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 2:19:19 AM EST
Originally Posted By shrikefan:
How old was the kid?


2
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 2:24:57 AM EST
Originally Posted By jeep450:
Originally Posted By shrikefan:
How old was the kid?


2


As a parent of 4 I can see where they may be coming from. I'm sure it was a business decision. I'm not gonna say right or wrong.

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 2:26:27 AM EST
I hate sreaming kids on airplanes, but it was wrong of them to do that. Kids are kids.



Link Posted: 10/31/2009 2:27:03 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/31/2009 2:27:40 AM EST by Girl_Interrupted]
Four hours of my life were spent at 30,000 feet with the kid behind me kicking my seat, tugging my hair, and screaming at the top of his lungs for more peanuts and Coke.

The father sat beside him reading a book.

This was pre-9/11.

I would have been fine attaching a parachute to the dad and the kid and opening a door.

Just sayin'.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 2:29:15 AM EST
Can't control even a terrible 2?Take the bus.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 2:29:45 AM EST
I hate screaming kids. I literally hate them.

But getting kicked off a flight because your kid was loud is ridiculous.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 2:31:09 AM EST
Originally Posted By Girl_Interrupted:
Four hours of my life were spent at 30,000 feet with the kid behind me kicking my seat, tugging my hair, and screaming at the top of his lungs for more peanuts and Coke.

The father sat beside him reading a book.

This was pre-9/11.

I would have been fine attaching a parachute to the dad and the kid and opening a door.

Just sayin'.


Parents should be able to keep their kids under control....

as for this example, I would have told the father to control his kid or he (the dad) would get an ass-whupping.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 2:32:57 AM EST
Tow both mother and child behind the plane in a laundry hamper !!!
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 2:33:25 AM EST
Originally Posted By Girl_Interrupted:
Four hours of my life were spent at 30,000 feet with the kid behind me kicking my seat, tugging my hair, and screaming at the top of his lungs for more peanuts and Coke.

The father sat beside him reading a book.

This was pre-9/11.

I would have been fine attaching a parachute to the dad and the kid and opening a door.

Just sayin'.


AMEN!

My last trip from Chicago to Ireland had a screaming kid who's parents did nothing to quiet. I can't imagine having an entire planeload of people hating you as they deplaned!

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 2:35:48 AM EST

Originally Posted By STG77:
I hate screaming kids. I literally hate them.

But getting kicked off a flight because your kid was loud is ridiculous.

It's their (privately owned) business. They have the right to refuse service to anyone. If you can't keep your kids in line don't take them someplace where you subject other people, in close proximity to their unruliness.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 2:35:57 AM EST
The "terrible twos" can be truly terrible... BTDT... multiple times. At a certain point, you've done all you can, and you simply have to let the kid cry themselves into exhaustion... though you feel like the worst parent in the world when it happens.

And the childless, judgmental, 25yo DINKs giving you the disapproving "can't you control your f*ck-trophies?" look are no help.

Kicking her off the plane was probably going a bit too far, particularly if she was really trying to control/discipline/quiet the child. I might feel differently if she was being one of those detached "whatever" parents making no effort to do anything.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 2:37:12 AM EST
Right thing kicking them off. Southwest's plane, Southwest's rules.

Mom needs to be a parent and teach her kid how to behave and/or know how their kid behaves. I have a 3 year old and while she's typically well-mannered, I wouldn't take her on a plane. Maybe when's she 4, but definately not at 2.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 3:11:34 AM EST
When kids are screaming like that it usually means they want to play with a dry cleaning bag.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 3:42:35 AM EST
Originally Posted By captainpooby:
When kids are screaming like that it usually means they want to play with a dry cleaning bag.




Link Posted: 10/31/2009 3:49:35 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/31/2009 3:49:54 AM EST by thebeekeeper1]
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 3:53:22 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/31/2009 3:55:18 AM EST by EarlBypass]
Got two fine sons, and we never encountered the "terrible twos". Personally, I think the TT's happen when the parents are no longer able to cope with child rearing. The parents have been tasked and tested with things that they never imagined during those two years, and their child rearing skills, or better yet the lack of child rearing skills, comes back to bite them. A two year old is just now entering into Phase I of the Prima Donna Stage, which will progress into PDS II, III, and IV, unless resolved.

Furthermore, it will only continue to get worse unless a parent, or fellow airplane traveler, steps on the child's neck, or grabs it by the throat and declares in a soothing, loud and clear voice that: you are going out of the window unless you shut the fuck up.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 3:54:02 AM EST
If you can't control your fucking kids then stay home because nobody else wants to hear them. It's not ok for your kid to yell and scream in public.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 3:56:16 AM EST
Originally Posted By thebeekeeper1:
Why oh why do (edit: some) parents think it's acceptable to inflict their unruly spawn on others in a confined space where said others CANNOT get away? Good move––lose two, keep the business of the rest. Parents don't seem to realize their spawn is not the center of the universe and others do not think every shriek is "cute."


+1, if your kid wants to cry, drive to your destination. There is no RIGHT to travel from coast to coast in a matter of hours, enjoy the scenery.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 3:56:28 AM EST
Originally Posted By thebeekeeper1:
Why oh why do (edit: some) parents think it's acceptable to inflict their unruly spawn on others in a confined space where said others CANNOT get away? Good move––lose two, keep the business of the rest. Parents don't seem to realize their spawn is not the center of the universe and others do not think every shriek is "cute."


What he said ^ for sure.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 3:56:34 AM EST
As a Dad many times over, I have no problem with SWAs action. None, whatsoever.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 3:57:27 AM EST
Good for them.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 4:04:56 AM EST
If you can't control your own kid....
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 4:20:20 AM EST

Need more info, passengers reactions, if the kid was screaming nonstop, etc.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 4:20:27 AM EST
Originally Posted By EarlBypass:
Got two fine sons, and we never encountered the "terrible twos". Personally, I think the TT's happen when the parents are no longer able to cope with child rearing. The parents have been tasked and tested with things that they never imagined during those two years, and their child rearing skills, or better yet the lack of child rearing skills, comes back to bite them. A two year old is just now entering into Phase I of the Prima Donna Stage, which will progress into PDS II, III, and IV, unless resolved.

Furthermore, it will only continue to get worse unless a parent, or fellow airplane traveler, steps on the child's neck, or grabs it by the throat and declares in a soothing, loud and clear voice that: you are going out of the window unless you shut the fuck up.


Slow your roll, bud. You're way over the line... way over.

It's one thing if you're dealing with a brat... that sort of thing is easily sorted out, and I sort mine out the old-fashioned way.

However, even though my kids are pretty well-behaved (largely because my wife and I don't accept anything less... we actually get compliments in restaurants from complete strangers), if you get a sick toddler, a over-tired-and-melting-down toddler, or a kid with an ear infection or an ear block, there isn't much you're going to be able to do. I don't care how much of a disciplinarian you fancy yourself. If you want to experience a unique and exquisite agony, try flying with an ear block. I have... and you'll weep like a 2yo too.

I've seen this happen with my oldest son... short of drugging him (you can actually go to jail for that), or strangling him, he wasn't going to "shut the f*ck up," because he was in pain, and it really didn't start until we were airborne, and the pressure change really started to kick in.

We don't really know what this kid's malfunction truly was. He's 2yo... he doesn't understand getting kicked off a flight. If this was a matter of an unconcerned parent, I rather suspect the getting-kicked-off was a punishment for the mother.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 4:20:57 AM EST
Doesn't bother me, long as they gave a refund.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 4:23:15 AM EST
2 words


Benadryl

Dramamine


your choice
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 4:25:46 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 4:33:28 AM EST

Originally Posted By Chris0013:


Parents should be able to keep their kids under control....

as for this example, I would have told the father to control his kid or he (the dad) would get an ass-whupping.



I love these posts..."control a two year old"

It's always the ones who don't have kids that say that.

I have 2 boys...at the age of 2, 90% of the time they were wonderful...the other 10%? Not so much.
There's no CONTROLLING that.



Link Posted: 10/31/2009 4:35:07 AM EST

Originally Posted By Ponyboy:
If you can't control your fucking kids then stay home because nobody else wants to hear them. It's not ok for your kid to yell and scream in public.

Anyone ever tell your mom that? Because I guarantee that YOU and every other childless person here has had a meltdown in public when his or her pampers were too wet and poopy.


Link Posted: 10/31/2009 4:36:37 AM EST
If there is fine print that details the course of action should passengers, regardless of age, become unruly, then the airline can do whatever they want so long as passengers were given notification.


I assume that was the case, so the mom can go look for another airline in the future.


- BG
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 4:36:45 AM EST
Originally Posted By PlaymoreMinds:

Originally Posted By Chris0013:


Parents should be able to keep their kids under control....

as for this example, I would have told the father to control his kid or he (the dad) would get an ass-whupping.



I love these posts..."control a two year old"

It's always the ones who don't have kids that say that.

I have 2 boys...at the age of 2, 90% of the time they were wonderful...the other 10%? Not so much.
There's no CONTROLLING that.



I have 5 kids, two girls and three boys and by two they knew that if they started screaming in public they would be crying in private.

Don't project your inability to control your kids on everyone else.

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 4:38:59 AM EST

Originally Posted By ARMED-PILOT:
2 words


Benadryl

Dramamine


your choice
when i was a kid mom tried dramamine once
it had the exact opposite effect on me

it was like crank

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 4:39:03 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 4:39:07 AM EST
I've been on some flights with some rotten kids before and never saw anyone in any danger of getting kicked off. He must have been REALLY out of control.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 4:39:12 AM EST
Originally Posted By PlaymoreMinds:

Originally Posted By Ponyboy:
If you can't control your fucking kids then stay home because nobody else wants to hear them. It's not ok for your kid to yell and scream in public.

Anyone ever tell your mom that? Because I guarantee that YOU and every other childless person here has had a meltdown in public when his or her pampers were too wet and poopy.





Both I and my parents could afford plenty of diapers, so we changed them before they got to that point.


Link Posted: 10/31/2009 4:39:40 AM EST
I'm sure there's more to the story.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 4:39:50 AM EST

Originally Posted By Ponyboy:
Originally Posted By PlaymoreMinds:

Originally Posted By Chris0013:


Parents should be able to keep their kids under control....

as for this example, I would have told the father to control his kid or he (the dad) would get an ass-whupping.



I love these posts..."control a two year old"

It's always the ones who don't have kids that say that.

I have 2 boys...at the age of 2, 90% of the time they were wonderful...the other 10%? Not so much.
There's no CONTROLLING that.



I have 5 kids, two girls and three boys and by two they knew that if they started screaming in public they would be crying in private.

Don't project your inability to control your kids on everyone else.

Your kids are perfect and you're a perfect parent. Your kids have NEVER had a meltdown in public...good for you. You're married to a supermodel and have a 10 inch penis too, right?

Look I don't care WHAT you say, one and all of your little darlings were not perfectly mannered by the age of two. Developmentally, it's impossible. They've had fits, in public, and you may have been able to quiet them or re-direct them, but they've done it. And for you to say otherwise, is bullshit.


Link Posted: 10/31/2009 4:39:56 AM EST
Originally Posted By ARMED-PILOT:
2 words


Benadryl

Dramamine


your choice


Spank, slap, spank. Drugs not required.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 4:41:04 AM EST

Originally Posted By Ponyboy:
Originally Posted By PlaymoreMinds:

Originally Posted By Ponyboy:
If you can't control your fucking kids then stay home because nobody else wants to hear them. It's not ok for your kid to yell and scream in public.

Anyone ever tell your mom that? Because I guarantee that YOU and every other childless person here has had a meltdown in public when his or her pampers were too wet and poopy.





Both I and my parents could afford plenty of diapers, so we changed them before they got to that point.


It's called imagery. A more fun way of saying, "Hey, you were an annoying toddler at one point in your life, too."

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 4:45:08 AM EST
Planning for a flight is part of being a parent. I took two two year olds cross country twice, and we never had any meltdowns more serious than crying during pressure changes.

Why? I came prepared- toys, bottles (sucking relieves ear pressure) and snacks. All to keep them QUIET.

I've flown Southwest for YEARS. I trust their judgment.

If the Mom wasn't getting it done, and the entire flight was suffering cause her kid is a dick? Kick em off.

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 4:46:21 AM EST
What was that EBay feedback I read posted here a while back?

"Great deal on the Taser. Fast shipping, fair price. Now my kids behave themselves."
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 4:48:25 AM EST
Originally Posted By PlaymoreMinds:

Originally Posted By Ponyboy:
Originally Posted By PlaymoreMinds:

Originally Posted By Chris0013:


Parents should be able to keep their kids under control....

as for this example, I would have told the father to control his kid or he (the dad) would get an ass-whupping.



I love these posts..."control a two year old"

It's always the ones who don't have kids that say that.

I have 2 boys...at the age of 2, 90% of the time they were wonderful...the other 10%? Not so much.
There's no CONTROLLING that.



I have 5 kids, two girls and three boys and by two they knew that if they started screaming in public they would be crying in private.

Don't project your inability to control your kids on everyone else.

Your kids are perfect and you're a perfect parent. Your kids have NEVER had a meltdown in public...good for you. You're married to a supermodel and have a 10 inch penis too, right?

Look I don't care WHAT you say, one and all of your little darlings were not perfectly mannered by the age of two. Developmentally, it's impossible. They've had fits, in public, and you may have been able to quiet them or re-direct them, but they've done it. And for you to say otherwise, is bullshit.



I'm not a perfect parent and my kids aren't perfect but they didn't run around screaming and yelling and throwing fits in public 10% of the time when they were two. It's not "impossible" to control them. I'm the parent and they are the kids and the quicker they learned that the better.

My wife and I get constant compliments on how well behaved they are because they act like little people instead of little monsters. The oldest one is now 11 and the youngest is 5 and they practically never get in trouble for anything and when they do it's usually some squabble between each other. In public they are perfect.

Also, since you're worried about what my wife looks like, here's a picture. I can send you a picture of my penis also if you would like.




Link Posted: 10/31/2009 4:49:07 AM EST
Originally Posted By EarlBypass:
Got two fine sons, and we never encountered the "terrible twos". Personally, I think the TT's happen when the parents are no longer able to cope with child rearing. The parents have been tasked and tested with things that they never imagined during those two years, and their child rearing skills, or better yet the lack of child rearing skills, comes back to bite them. A two year old is just now entering into Phase I of the Prima Donna Stage, which will progress into PDS II, III, and IV, unless resolved.

Furthermore, it will only continue to get worse unless a parent, or fellow airplane traveler, steps on the child's neck, or grabs it by the throat and declares in a soothing, loud and clear voice that: you are going out of the window unless you shut the fuck up.


Well said.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 4:49:54 AM EST
Originally Posted By PlaymoreMinds:
Originally Posted By Chris0013:
Parents should be able to keep their kids under control....

as for this example, I would have told the father to control his kid or he (the dad) would get an ass-whupping.



I love these posts..."control a two year old"

It's always the ones who don't have kids that say that.

You must have tried really hard to ignore all of the experienced parents here saying essentially the same thing. I'm one of them, and raised two kids to happy, healthy adulthood. Children are prone to behavioral issues around that age, but they most certainly can be corrected and controlled. You just need to be smarter and more emotionally developed than the two year-old. My children were never a problem in public, because they were never allowed to be.

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 4:51:35 AM EST
Easy solution... Duct tape.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 4:57:10 AM EST
Why people think that it is their right to take their crying, screaming, shitting on itself, etc 2 year old into establishments, places of confined quarters, expected quietness, etc is beyond me.

If you have a 2 year old, you should have a bit more respect for everyone else in this world, and not take them in planes, to nice sit-down restaurants, and the like. I swear the next time I hear a kid cry at one of these places, I'm going to have a little chat about how they are going to pay for my meal if they keep disrupting it. I go to nice places when I want quiet and atmosphere, and your kid has taken that from me. Nuff said, your choice to have them, your obligation to deal with them, NOT MINE.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 4:58:32 AM EST
Originally Posted By PlaymoreMinds:
Your kids are perfect and you're a perfect parent. Your kids have NEVER had a meltdown in public...good for you. You're married to a supermodel and have a 10 inch penis too, right?

That kind of gradeschool-level commentary goes a long way towards explaining your parenting problems.

Look I don't care WHAT you say, one and all of your little darlings were not perfectly mannered by the age of two. Developmentally, it's impossible. They've had fits, in public, and you may have been able to quiet them or re-direct them, but they've done it. And for you to say otherwise, is bullshit.

Like he said before, you're projecting. My kids were not "perfect"...but they were never little shits in public, because they weren't allowed to be.

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 4:58:52 AM EST
Originally Posted By Ponyboy:
Originally Posted By PlaymoreMinds:

Originally Posted By Ponyboy:
Originally Posted By PlaymoreMinds:

Originally Posted By Chris0013:


Parents should be able to keep their kids under control....

as for this example, I would have told the father to control his kid or he (the dad) would get an ass-whupping.



I love these posts..."control a two year old"

It's always the ones who don't have kids that say that.

I have 2 boys...at the age of 2, 90% of the time they were wonderful...the other 10%? Not so much.
There's no CONTROLLING that.



I have 5 kids, two girls and three boys and by two they knew that if they started screaming in public they would be crying in private.

Don't project your inability to control your kids on everyone else.

Your kids are perfect and you're a perfect parent. Your kids have NEVER had a meltdown in public...good for you. You're married to a supermodel and have a 10 inch penis too, right?

Look I don't care WHAT you say, one and all of your little darlings were not perfectly mannered by the age of two. Developmentally, it's impossible. They've had fits, in public, and you may have been able to quiet them or re-direct them, but they've done it. And for you to say otherwise, is bullshit.



I'm not a perfect parent and my kids aren't perfect but they didn't run around screaming and yelling and throwing fits in public 10% of the time when they were two. It's not "impossible" to control them. I'm the parent and they are the kids and the quicker they learned that the better.

My wife and I get constant compliments on how well behaved they are because they act like little people instead of little monsters. The oldest one is now 11 and the youngest is 5 and they practically never get in trouble for anything and when they do it's usually some squabble between each other. In public they are perfect.

Also, since you're worried about what my wife looks like, here's a picture. I can send you a picture of my penis also if you would like.


http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/8351/ponygirl02lq2.jpg



Lol! Awesome.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 5:03:41 AM EST
Originally Posted By PlaymoreMinds:

Originally Posted By Ponyboy:
Originally Posted By PlaymoreMinds:

Originally Posted By Ponyboy:
If you can't control your fucking kids then stay home because nobody else wants to hear them. It's not ok for your kid to yell and scream in public.

Anyone ever tell your mom that? Because I guarantee that YOU and every other childless person here has had a meltdown in public when his or her pampers were too wet and poopy.





Both I and my parents could afford plenty of diapers, so we changed them before they got to that point.


It's called imagery. A more fun way of saying, "Hey, you were an annoying toddler at one point in your life, too."



I'm not saying that a toddler has the capacity to behave itself as well as an adult, HOWEVER, let me lock you in a room with a raving liberal spouting off about his beloved obama as well as scratching his fingernails on a chalk board while a banshee is screaming and make you stay there for four hours, in a small chair, with no nicotine, with 100 other people there and you will understand just how much I despise the sound of screaming kids. Usually my answer is that I will personally leave if I have a problem, however on a plane, I can't just step outside.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Top Top