Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2001 4:26:24 PM EDT
I have shot about 250 rounds of the southern ammo "dented" .223. No failures as of yet. With shipping it ended up costing 8.7 cents a round.
I have also found 2 rds of ss109 in it so far [:D]

[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/001/bA/s9/79/bx71931.jpg[/img]

This target was shot at 50 yards with my open sights 16" bushy shorty. 9 shots total. The two on the bottom are "operator error".
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 6:48:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought some of their .308 tarnished & not only is it very accurate & reliable, it is quite shiney as well. I tried a couple hundred rounds in both of my M1A's & it worked great in both of them.

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 6:57:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I bought some of their .308 tarnished & not only is it very accurate & reliable, it is quite shiney as well. I tried a couple hundred rounds in both of my M1A's & it worked great in both of them.

ColtShorty

the same from them."
View Quote

I am extremely happy with it. I plan on ordering about 2000 more rds. monday.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 7:29:38 PM EDT
[#3]
It's hard to beat a deal like that!! I'd order some .223 but I still have about 3000 pieces of LC brass to load up. It's starting to look like a winter project.

ColtShorty

the same from them."
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 7:32:44 PM EDT
[#4]
What do you use to ream the primer pockets? I guess I am going to have about 4000 pieces of brass by the end of the year so I am going to need something that will easily ream those pockets.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 7:55:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What do you use to ream the primer pockets? I guess I am going to have about 4000 pieces of brass by the end of the year so I am going to need something that will easily ream those pockets.
View Quote

I use a Dillion swage, great tool worth the extra money, fast, accurate and relatively easy to set up.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 7:57:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I used to use my little Lee pocket reamer. A time consuming & wrist aching process. Fortunately thebeekeeper1 now most [b]generously[/b] lets me borrow his Dillon Super Swager. It's a little pricey, about $78.00, but it makes a world of difference if you have alot of USGI brass to work on. It is alot faster & very user friendly!!

ColtShorty

the same from them."
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 8:02:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I used to use my little Lee pocket reamer. A time consuming & wrist aching process.
View Quote

That's what I am using now. I usually quit after 20 pieces of brass because my wrist hurts and I'm bored out of my mind.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 8:34:38 PM EDT
[#8]
I know how you feel. I used to take mine outside, crank up some tunes & try to get a tan while working on the brass. Ended up being very sweaty & sparkly. [:o)]

ColtShorty

the same from them."
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 10:54:51 PM EDT
[#9]
is the ammo. corrosive ?, are they close to NC .?
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 12:12:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, the "scratch and dent" ammo is pretty good, just make sure you inspect your ammo very thouroughly...

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=56018&page=1[/url]
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 6:01:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
is the ammo. corrosive ?, are they close to NC .?
View Quote

non corrosive. they are in Lorcin, SC. It is about 200 miles from me. I live in Greensboro. I ordered some at 12:00pm thursday and recieved it at 2:30 friday.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 4:25:05 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm happy with what little I've shot of my dented .223. It seems that the majority of folks who've bought it, like it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 4:59:13 PM EDT
[#13]
I ordered some on a Friday afternoon and had it on the following Monday. I live in Havelock NC, near Morehead city.

[smoke]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top