Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2006 2:46:05 PM EDT
I'm 53 years old, look about 45. I'm responsible, in good shape IMHO intelligent, good looking and financially secure. I'm having trouble meeting women at least the "right kind". Not into one-night stands, looking for a solid relationship. I've been out of the "game" for the last 4 years or so. What do women look for in a man these days? What are good places to meet someone nice? Thanks in advance.

Doc
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:32:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Wish I could help you on that one. I've been married 22 years so far so i am waaaaaaaaaay out of the dating game. I wish you luck though.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:20:44 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'm 53 years old, look about 45.

What do women look for in a man these days?

Awww dang I really hate to break this to you, but women these days are actually looking for 53 year olds that look 53. Sorry about your luck.

Them's the breaks.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:53:06 AM EDT
[#3]
If I could tell you what women are looking for these days, I would be a millionaire.  Seriously, their wants and desires very often change daily according to what the latest Oprah/Dr. Phil/Redbook/Girlfriends/Etc. say that they should want.  Each year, it's like inflation.  They expect more and more and offer less and less.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:03:40 PM EDT
[#4]
be

your

self

that is all
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:11:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
be

your

self

that is all

+1  Be confident in who you are too.  Don't change yourself to attract others.  Keep busy, don't get discouraged.  That sock rolled to the pants leg isn't the best idea either.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:19:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Don't change yourself to attract others.

Unless "yourself" involves sweat pants and food crumbs in your beard.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:25:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Don't change yourself to attract others.

Unless "yourself" involves sweat pants and food crumbs in your beard.

good point!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:40:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Be yourself.. but, improve yourself at the same time.

There is a difference between

"changing yourself to fit the need of another" and "changing yourself to fid the need of you".

If you don't like the way you are.. you can change, but just make sure you are doing so becauase you want to, not someone else.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:11:18 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Be yourself.. but, improve yourself at the same time.

There is a difference between

"changing yourself to fit the need of another" and "changing yourself to fid the need of you".

If you don't like the way you are.. you can change, but just make sure you are doing so becauase you want to, not someone else.

+1

very good point.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top