Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2010 5:13:09 AM EDT
Yesterday morning I stumbled across this show. I haven't heard of it before.

Les buys 150 acres pretty much in the middle of nowhere with the eventual plan of living "off the grid".

Does anyone know if this was a series or just a single episode?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:13:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Single episode.

ETA: I have it on dvr and watch it from time to time.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:15:04 AM EDT
[#2]

I watched it.

I kinda feel bad for the kids.

They've got no one to play with or hang out with.

Except for the bears and moosussus.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:16:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Does he have an old barn that he remodeled into living quarters on the property?  I remember him doing a show , where him and his wife were working on the barn.

edit., I think Oakley is right. I think it was just a single episode.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:16:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks. I was hoping to see more, but oh well.

It looked like it was made back in 2007. anyone know if Les is still there?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:20:59 AM EDT
[#5]
It's been my experience that people who live, or want to live, "off the grid" are either enviro-nutjobs, tax evaders or have a particular reason (most often criminal) for staying out of Uncle Sams watchful eye. The rest of us go to work, pay our taxes and hump the daily grind like every one else.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:25:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It's been my experience that people who live, or want to live, "off the grid" are either enviro-nutjobs, tax evaders or have a particular reason (most often criminal) for staying out of Uncle Sams watchful eye. The rest of us go to work, pay our taxes and hump the daily grind like every one else.

Ummmm, no.  If I had a the land and necessary preps in hand, I would totally do it.  I'm tired of working for the looters.

edit:  there's nothing criminal about me.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:26:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Search it on here. search all forums. There have been a few threads in GD and several in the outdoor survival section. One is quite large and pretty recent if I remember right.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:28:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I've had the opposite experience.  The ones I know are smarter than the average consumer.  I've only known a few criminals, and they have all been either too stupid or lazy to live off the grid.  

Two of the guys I know technically "live" off the grid in terms of their actual home they live in is out in the country and use solar power and generators.  They work in town and own several rental properties though.  One grew up in the 60's, loves guns and hates the .Gov.  The other is a survivalist kinda guy.  Both have degrees and make good money.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:29:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Im trying to find it for you and cant seem to. Maybe someone will have the link for you!

ETA I found a small 13 post one. But not the old one that was many pages long =(
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:29:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:35:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I watched it.

I kinda feel bad for the kids.

They've got no one to play with or hang out with.

Except for the bears and moosussus meese.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top