Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2005 10:06:39 PM EDT
Has really really helped my relationship with my father.  Dad is so excited and some of my most fond memories are of he and I out on the lake fishing and such.  Just before I turned 16 Dad sold his boat for some medical bills and then my grandfather sold his boat when he had his stroke.  It was a very depressing day for Dad and I because that is where we used to bond. Soo with all of that said, I found this for $600 the other day and bought it right on the spot it sure isn't pretty but it runs.  The only thing that it needs is to be cleaned (what I was working on in the pic), and I need to give it a tune up, and rewire the lights.  

With no further ado I bring you my $600 Boat

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:09:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Best $600 you spent in a while, I'm sure.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:11:27 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Best $600 you spent in a while, I'm sure.

The look on my Dad's face when I told him about it was one of the best things I can remember in a long time.  As a matter of fact he asked me if I would bring it with me when I showed up for Christmas,  I told him Dad it is supposed to be 35 degrees and raining on Christmas he said I don't care we will start working on running the new lights, and maybe take it out anyways.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:20:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Excelent, and may you both make more memories......
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:30:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice buy.  I spent $750 on my first boat, used to take my dad fishing all the time after he took me for years and years.  Put a new battery and a couple of gas tanks in it and Sold it after a couple of years for $2750.  Bought a brand new one after that.  
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:36:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Nice buy.  I spent $750 on my first boat, used to take my dad fishing all the time after he took me for years and years.  Put a new battery and a couple of gas tanks in it and Sold it after a couple of years for $2750.  Bought a brand new one after that.  

Yeah that was kind of my thoughts on it too.  Dad was running around talking to Mom about getting a new fishing liscense, and everything else soo far two new batteries one for the primary motor the other for the trolling motor, and rework, the lights that is all.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:01:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Ohh yeah and I bought a G19 to take on it as well.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:06:13 AM EDT
[#7]
You're a good son.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:10:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Now you can lose all your guns in that proverbial "boating accident".

AB
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top