Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2006 7:35:30 AM EDT
When I went out to leave for work this morning I found the driver side window of my truck smashed in and the glove box open.

There wasn't anything realyl valueable in the truck. They took a tape cassete adapter I use to play mp3s and also a ciggarete lighter power adapter. Other than that, everything was left, including a baseball bat and the big 5,000,000 candlepower spotlight I keep behind the seat.

Things like this make me want to kill.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:37:42 AM EDT
[#1]
That sucks man.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:39:53 AM EDT
[#2]
My grandmother had her car broke into the other night for $6.00 and 2 CD's.  They left a credit card and the garage door opener though.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:41:47 AM EDT
[#3]
They usually do more $$ damage than they get in loot value.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:43:29 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Definitly the case here. It'll cost me ~$25 to replace what was stolen. I seriously doubt they'd even be able to  get anything for the things if they tried to sell them.

I should just leave the damn thing unlocked.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:57:17 AM EDT
[#5]
What a coincidence. Someone broke into my wife's truck last night.  (well, she forgot to lock it) They stole my Son's nintendo DS, and rifled through everything.  LEft a box of 44 Mag ammo, though.

Really pisses me off, and my son is going to be very upset when he gets home from school today.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:13:38 AM EDT
[#6]

i ran into best buy one bright sunny day thinking "i know what im after and where its at, ill be out in 5 minutes"  it was 90 degrees out so i left the window down. well, i was out in 10 minutes.

open my door and notice imediatly my truck had been gone through, some papers inside the console were now on my seat. they left my Oakleys sunglasses, $300 worth of my tree climbing gear for work in the back seat, left my cd case with 30+ cds ( i assume they didnt see it under the seat )

so what DID they take you ask???

my ash tray with $6.00 +/- worth of change in it.

i would have layed out one hell of a beating for finding someone in my truck.... bash first, ask questions later.  until i traded that truck in it still made me PO'd when i looked at the missing ashtray.  i lock my doors habitually now.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:56:05 AM EDT
[#7]
What ARFCOM'er wouldn't like to get thier hands on this shit-bag...

www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/carthieframpage.html

(Workplace warning: language)
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:02:04 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
What ARCOM'er wouldn't like to get thier hands on this shit-bag...

What a fvcking base head.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:03:40 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

You have know idea how angry watching that video makes me right now.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:04:54 AM EDT
[#10]
That stinks.

And to think I have one of my AR15 M4's in my truck all the time.

CMOS
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:08:15 AM EDT
[#11]
In "enlightened" Vancouver, BC
A drug user caused over $4,000 damage to 6 cars he broke into for drug money.
Hi take, less than $5.00 in change.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:08:53 AM EDT
[#12]
The guy from the video needs a JHP anti depressant bad.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:14:06 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Think: Mozambique drill.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:20:52 AM EDT
[#14]
it's frustratingly helpless feeling when violated like that...hope it works out to the best for you
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:28:05 AM EDT
[#15]
death to thieves.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:14:24 PM EDT
[#16]
It gets even more entertaining ...

I had the glass repaired today ... total bill $470 (I had the windshield done to because the dumbass managed to press on it somehow when rummaging around and turn a small chip into a giant crack spread across the whole windshield).

When the guys at the glass place were cleaning out the broken bits of glass ... they found ... a bluetooth cell phone headset.

NOT MINE!

The dumb bastard did $500 worth of damage, got a $5 tape cassete adapter for himself, and left behind a $40 wireless cell phone headset.

I talked to my building manager today and we're going to try to shift my parking spot around to one that I can see from my back porch. If we can do that I'll be hooking up a camera to monitor it.

I wish we had one of those "shoot in the head to protect your property" laws here.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:18:09 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I had the glass repaired today ... total bill $470 (I had the windshield done to because the dumbass managed to press on it somehow when rummaging around and turn a small chip into a giant crack spread across the whole windshield).

When the guys at the glass place were cleaning out the broken bits of glass ... they found ... a bluetooth cell phone headset.

NOT MINE!

The dumb bastard did $500 worth of damage, got a $5 tape cassete adapter for himself, and left behind a $40 wireless cell phone headset.

Send it into the CSI lab, they can get DNA evidence off of it for you!

Did you bother calling the cops at all?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:18:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:22:43 PM EDT
[#19]
this is what i have after someone broke into my truck..

it was parked UNDER A BRIGHT light .

they took nothing . .

to top it off the damn thing was open !!!  there was no damn need to break the glass!!!

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:24:52 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

NOT MINE!

I did file a report over the phone.

I asked them if they could send a few detectives over to look for hair for DNA analysis but they said they didn't have the resources for that. So much for tough on crime.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:29:28 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Mr. Miyagi says, "You too much TV."
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:32:41 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

NOT MINE!

I asked them if they could send a few detectives over to look for hair for DNA analysis but they said they didn't have the resources for that. So much for tough on crime.

Are you in the city? I imagine if it was one of the burbs they'd send some cops over to at least look around and ask a few questions.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:35:10 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

NOT MINE!

Are you in the city? I imagine if it was one of the burbs they'd send some cops over to at least look around and ask a few questions.

Yep, right downtown. On they phone they just gave me an "incident number" and that they'd "let the people who patrol the area know."

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:39:35 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Too bad the shit-stain didn't lose his cell phone in your ride... then you'd really own the fucker (assuming the phone wasn't stolen from someone else).
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:42:11 PM EDT
[#25]
I had some cds stolen from my car one night, just so happened it had snowed right before he did it,cop spent 3 hours following footprints to all the cars he broke into and then right to the assholes back door.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:44:30 PM EDT
[#26]
had that happen to me before...

"there's nothing more chickenshit than messin with a man's automobile"
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:47:03 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I had some cds stolen from my car one night, just so happened it had snowed right before he did it,cop spent 3 hours following footprints to all the cars he broke into and then right to the assholes back door.

That rules! Did you end up getting any restitution for the damage/theft?

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:50:12 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That rules! Did you end up getting any restitution for the damage/theft?

They did not break into my car,the snow had frozen one of my power locks so they just opened the door,i got everything back since they only had it for a short while. When the cop found the house it was 3am, he went and got a warrent and went in and recovered everything he had stolen. It did take about a month to get my property back though.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:58:02 PM EDT
[#29]
That sucks.  My dad had his truck broken into last night.  Oddly enough, the truck's service box was LOCKED. It had been real cold though, and my dad thinks the thieves managed to break in by breaking the ice.  The door didn't look like it was broken.  Two cresent wrenches were stolen.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:15:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Man do I know your pain. Some 'ganksta dawg' broke into my truck a a while back and stole my radio. They also got my 4D maglite and2 boxes of Ritz crackers (go figure). The best part is that I had a razor blade in the change tray (ash tray) and the asshole cut the shit out of his hand on it. I tried to get the detectives to do sme of that 'New Detictives' stuff on it but they "didn't have the manpower" so I guess breaking into a car is a crime that its OK to commit in America. That shit pisses me the FUCK OFF!!!!!!!!!!! I hope the dickhead died from tetnis because that blade had a bit of rust on it.....

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:27:34 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Man do I know your pain. Some 'ganksta dawg' broke into my truck a a while back and stole my radio. They also got my 4D maglite and2 boxes of Ritz crackers (go figure). The best part is that I had a razor blade in the change tray (ash tray) and the asshole cut the shit out of his hand on it. I tried to get the detectives to do sme of that 'New Detictives' stuff on it but they "didn't have the manpower" so I guess breaking into a car is a crime that its OK to commit in America. That shit pisses me the FUCK OFF!!!!!!!!!!! I hope the dickhead died from tetnis because that blade had a bit of rust on it.....

img155.imageshack.us/img155/4666/dscf00598tl.jpg

It's not the lack of manpower, but lack of funds.  No agency can afford to do $5000 DNA tests on every single case where DNA is obtained.  DNA tests are reserved for crimes of high and aggravated natures (rapes, murder, etc).  Not that your crime is petty.  It's just the way it is.  You could pay for the DNA test yourself if you want to see if that scumbag's DNA is on file.  Whole lot cheaper for car owners to exterminate the perps when they find them in their vehicles.  A good bullet runs about 25 cents.  Of course, scumbags have more rights than hard working citizens.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:38:18 PM EDT
[#32]
The part that really sucks in any of these thefts/break-ins is the damage the assholes create in the process.

Causing $300.00 - $600.00 (or more), worth of replacement parts and/or labor (plus the time-off from other activities, aggravation and down time while the repairs are being made), all to steal a $100.00 CD player or pocketful of change.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:20:45 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not the lack of manpower, but lack of funds.  No agency can afford to do $5000 DNA tests on every single case where DNA is obtained.  DNA tests are reserved for crimes of high and aggravated natures (rapes, murder, etc).  Not that your crime is petty.  It's just the way it is.  You could pay for the DNA test yourself if you want to see if that scumbag's DNA is on file.  Whole lot cheaper for car owners to exterminate the perps when they find them in their vehicles.  A good bullet runs about 25 cents.  Of course, scumbags have more rights than hard working citizens.

Yeah I hear ya there. I guess in the big picture its not really that bad and I'd hate to think that a murderer got away because we spent the time in the DNA lab getting my radio back. The flip side of that coin is that if I did shoot the thief they would have searched to the ends of the earth to put me behind bars. Funny world huh?

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:24:43 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I hear ya there. I guess in the big picture its not really that bad and I'd hate to think that a murderer got away because we spent the time in the DNA lab getting my radio back. The flip side of that coin is that if I did shoot the thief they would have searched to the ends of the earth to put me behind bars. Funny world huh?

Lot of them scumbags carry a screwdriver when prying out radios.  A screwdriver can inflict great harm and possibly death.  That is your defense.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:37:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Scavengers and animals.

As to the post above about someone taking 6 bucks in change from the ash tray - that has crackhead written all over it.

While not all of these thieves look like Dave Chapelle with the crusty, white crack lips, whenever I 'envision' them, they are.  I had my car broken into twice within 3 months a few years ago in Tampa, once at work (broad daylight in parking garage with 10 other cars) and once at a TGIF's.  Did I feel violated?  Yeah.  Did I want to find the animals that did it and violate their colon with a long, wooden handled plunger (ie, go "Haitian on their ass" ) ?  Yes.

Before I die, I just hope I can catch a crash the glass thief in the act (even if its not my car).  Just once.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:42:46 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Definitly the case here. It'll cost me ~$25 to replace what was stolen. I seriously doubt they'd even be able to  get anything for the things if they tried to sell them.

+1

That's what I do.
Sorry for your aggravation; I've had the same thing happen to me. They stole an orange , a broken pair of sunglasses, and one of those fake eagle feathers with a clip hanging from my inside mirror. They probably thought it was a roach clip. They looked in my wallet, but didn't take it. (That was back in the 70's, IIRC)
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:34:34 PM EDT
[#37]
ok
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:46:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Get rid of that STAT or you will see a lock and maybe a ban
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:47:40 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Yep

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:47:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Makes me want to hide razors throughout the car.

And snow is a hell of an assistance to police.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:52:26 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep

thanks guys
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:59:03 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep

thanks guys

Got your back.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:02:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:04:40 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:
They need to sell some of these -

www.stickdeath.com/2005auto.html

www.stickdeath.com/2004auto.html

www.stickdeath.com/2003auto.html

www.stickdeath.com/2002auto.html

I was thinking of this one.

Trunk Monkey Alarm System

Thats a good one, but I like the stickdeath ones better
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:09:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Makes you want to move to the country.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:12:48 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

That doesn't work too well.  When I was in college, I had $1,000 worth of damage done to an unlocked car.  First they tried to pry the trunk, then they broke the window by shooting it with a pellet gun in one of the corners and pealing the tinted glass away.  When the police came to file the report, I showed one of the officers that ALL FOUR doors were unlocked.

The thieves made off with a few cds that wouldn't have made them more than $40 at a pawn shop.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top