Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2001 10:46:05 AM EDT
I can not stand a song called, I Am A Survivor by Destinys Child. Every time I hear it I get pissed off, it is so stupid. I hear screeching, same words over and over, and a savage jungle rhythm that kicks my ass bad. I would think you would have to be a African or a African wanabe to like this song.  It sucks bad. I have to turn the station immediately or risk getting ill.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 10:59:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, that one gets annoying quick, and I'm fairly tolerant of R&B music.  It's a good thing that they are hot-looking, otherwise.....

[puke]
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 11:52:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Any Barbara Streisand songs. Her voice sets me off.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 11:57:52 AM EDT
[#3]
anything by john denver or the carpenters or barry manilow or anything else my mom listens to, but the worst single recorded song ever was [b]Jackie Blue[/b], if I ever hear that again I'm hoping there's a ball-bat around to smash the radio or if thats not possible to knock myself out with.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 12:10:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Anything by Slim Whitman, unless it's in the soundtrack of Mars Attacks.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 12:19:02 PM EDT
[#5]
crimson and clover has got to suck
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 12:37:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Achey Breaky Heart by Billy Ray Cyrus.That has to be the stupidest song I ever heard.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 12:38:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Also anything Rap.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 12:53:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Anything by Micheal Bolton.  I would rather have my fingernails removed with a rusty bayonet that listen to that freak!
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 1:01:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Two words...BOY BANDS. I'm pushed to the brink of homicidal rage everytime I see or hear them.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 1:05:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
anything by john denver or the carpenters or barry manilow or anything else my mom listens to, but the worst single recorded song ever was [b]Jackie Blue[/b], if I ever hear that again I'm hoping there's a ball-bat around to smash the radio or if thats not possible to knock myself out with.
View Quote

Come on dude, J.D. made some decent stuff.  

[i]Wooooo...Thank GOD, I'm a Country Boy!....Yea!!!![/i]
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 1:17:21 PM EDT
[#11]
I like Eazy-E he is a funny guy, too bad he died though.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 1:51:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 4:21:39 PM EDT
[#13]
i hate rap, cant stand it, gives me rage. speaking of that, anything rage aginst teh machine.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 4:32:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Mexican Music
Rap, played loud in public and every other word is Ho`s or bitshes, bouy, and kids around.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 4:38:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
i hate rap, cant stand it, gives me rage. speaking of that, anything rage aginst teh machine.
View Quote

ditto.

And boy bands [i]do[/i] suck too.  I only respect people that write their own music.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 4:49:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Rage against the machine rocks...

I'm gonna get flamed for this, but I cannot stand Reba McIntire's voice, her twang is so overpronounced it sounds like she's gonna bust out sobbing every time she opens her mouth.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 4:53:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Rage against the machine rocks...

I'm gonna get flamed for this, but I cannot stand Reba McIntire's voice, her twang is so overpronounced it sounds like she's gonna bust out sobbing every time she opens her mouth.
View Quote

Roger that, Reba can put a speed freak to sleep.       RAP SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!![grenade]
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 4:53:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Woody Allen makes me honestly violent.

Whenever I hear his soft, little New York voice, I have to grab something and squeeze it as hard as I can.

I HATE that dude.
I really couldn't care if he was fucking his stepdaughter either.

Just something about his mannerisms that gives me a burning feeling in my chest.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 5:01:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 7:52:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Disco Paul?

Bring back bad memories buddy????
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 7:57:22 PM EDT
[#21]
I agree with Paul.
Add Reggae to that.

P.S. to JDP-
I have vague memories of High School; platform shoes; silk shirts with patterns on them; and the continuous "ping" and "bweuooo" sounds of disco music.
Geez, I HATED that era!
Hell, now I'm laughing, too!
Thanks a LOT for THOSE memories!
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 8:21:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Ditto on the odius RAY-BUH McIntryre.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 8:35:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Barbara Streisand, Kenny Loggins, Boys Bands, Mexican/Tejano, most anything rap, That's all for now- glad to see that others are just as bothered by these weirdo's.  
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 9:33:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
the worst single recorded song ever was [b]Jackie Blue[/b], if I ever hear that again I'm hoping there's a ball-bat around to smash the radio or if thats not possible to knock myself out with.
View Quote

Hey man, I like that song-a lot! [BD]

They play this 80's song in heavy rotation on the retro 80's station called "I Know what Boys Like".  It's sung in this annoying bratty taunting voice that sends the urge to kill rising, rising...... [kill]
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 9:44:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Ever see that kids show called Blues clues? My 2 year old daughter has to watch that show 5 times a day.

[b]Any song from that show makes me want to V-max that stupid dog Blue and slap dorky Steve upside his head[/b]

Or should I say, "The new millinium Mr Rogers"
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 4:24:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Sade writes her own music!
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 4:29:14 AM EDT
[#27]
ANY country music makes me want to kill myself...
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 4:33:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Anything by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. U2 as well.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 7:48:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Any RAP!   That's not music.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 8:08:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
ANY country music makes me want to kill myself...
View Quote

"Well, don't tell my heart, my achy braky heart, I just don't think it will understand...."

[}:D]

I hate ANY fad song. Most recently, "Who let the dogs out..."

GRrrrrr [:(!]

[%(]

Link Posted: 5/29/2001 9:10:26 AM EDT
[#31]
[b]Hung like a bird
I don't know where to run to
I don't know what to do...[/b]

Why would anyone write a song about being hung like a bird.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 9:14:54 AM EDT
[#32]
Seems Billy Ray Cyrus and Dwight Yokum were entertaining troops in some far-off country and were captured by rebels, who decided they were spys, told them they'd be shot and could hav one last wish.

Cyrus says, "Well, I'd like to sing my big hit, "Achey-Breaky Heart" just one last time before I die"

Yokum says, "I'd like to be shot before he sings it"
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 9:36:09 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I hate ANY fad song. Most recently, "Who let the dogs out..."

GRrrrrr [:(!]
View Quote

"Heyyyyyy, macarena!"
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 10:00:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 10:09:16 AM EDT
[#35]
Hey chaingun, the lyrics are "I'm like a bird" not "hung like a bird". It's understandable though. I once had a friend who thought  INXS's song "suicide blonde" was actually saying "soup and salad bar"... If you hear that song now, listen... it really does sound like he's singing about a soup and salad bar. Funny sh*t.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 1:45:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Country music and rap both make me [puke]
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 6:35:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Billy Joe Cyrus, The Chixie Dicks, Reba, all them crappers.

OlDad
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 6:48:20 PM EDT
[#38]
The crap the kid across the street plays.I gave him a set of headphones and a smile.Havnt heard it since.Maybe hes not that dumb after all.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 6:57:18 PM EDT
[#39]
The one's who hated disco were the one's that couldn't dance.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 7:17:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Eminem's "slim shitty" or whatever it is called.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 8:10:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Suzanne(?) Vega - Song called ????? Diner

If you hear it once you will never get it out of your head for the rest of the day, and you have an almost overpowering urge to commit multiple homicides.  [kill]

Da da da-da, da da da-da, da da da-da....

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

SOL
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 9:08:48 PM EDT
[#42]
The Hokey Pokey drives me up the wall, I have heard it thousands of times or at least it seems like I have heard that often. It never fails that at every Wedding someone asks for the darn Hokey Pokey. I used to be a Wedding Photographer and I really started to hate that song. And the worst thing is I am going back to Professional Photography and may start doing weddings again.  

By the way I also hate Rap but I can not include it as a song that drives me wacky since Rap is not even Music, I have no idea what it is but music it is not.  

If it was music I would be rich playing the pipes of my Harley, now that is music to my ears at least, nothing like the sound of a Harley with a hot cam to really turn a real Biker on.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 4:25:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Most of the ones I hate are country - I hate the goofy outfits they wear, and I hate the twang. Dollars to donuts says that half the country performers turn on the twang when they're sangin' and have accents like Arnold Horshak in real life.  Plus, few if any of them write their own songs - there must be 5 or 6 record industry staff songwriters who do nothing but write lyrics to goofy 3-minute long songs that all sound alike. Anyway, it wouldn't bother me any if the singers of these songs got hit by a speeding bus. (Pronounce the titles as they're spelled, it's how they're spoken in the song.)

"She Thanks Mah Tractor's Sex-ay"

"Goodbye Earl"

"There's Sumpin' Women Like About A Pickup May-an"

"Daddy Won't Sey-ell Thuh Farm"

And that's about all I can take of thinking about country songs!
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 4:31:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Hey DISCO is an abbrevation for discount, and that it is!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 5:08:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Ever see that kids show called Blues clues? My 2 year old daughter has to watch that show 5 times a day.

[b]Any song from that show makes me want to V-max that stupid dog Blue and slap dorky Steve upside his head[/b]

Or should I say, "The new millinium Mr Rogers"
View Quote

"We just got a letter...We just got a letter...We just got a letter...I WONDER WHO IT'S FROM?" Hehehe...
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 6:06:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Not all country is bad Ya'll. some is good.
Ya'll ever heard people like us By Arron Tippin

OR We're from the country

"I'm from the country and i like it that way"

'the boys and me' by sawer brown is a great song ,in my opinion!!!

matter of fact i'm  tryin' to me my own country record contract.& i wirte my own songs.

[whacko][sniper]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top