Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2005 8:11:35 AM EDT
So, I give this company 2.5 years, outsell every other employee there per hour (I worked part-time, but my sales per hour far surpassed everyone else, and often I was in the top 10 of all salespeople - and they are all full-time).

My last month (July) I hit 80 sales.  It means I made the "President's Club", which gives you a $100 bonus (expense account, basically, where you turn in some receipts for pretty much anything and they reimburse you).  It also gives you an extra $5 per sale for the next month, but that is a non-issue since Saturday was my last day.

So, I email my supervisor so I can get the expense report form, and am told that he asked his boss, and was told I don't get it because the benefit is for THIS month, and I would have to be employed to get it.

Can you believe that shit?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:13:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I would take a $100 in supplies or items with you.

$100 in paper clips. Would last a lifetime.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:14:17 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I would take a $100 in supplies or items with you.

$100 in paper clips. Would last a lifetime.

Too late - already left and cleaned out my desk of my things.

Sigh - I knew I should have pooped on the bosses' desk.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:14:59 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
So, I give this company 2.5 years, outsell every other employee there per hour (I worked part-time, but my sales per hour far surpassed everyone else, and often I was in the top 10 of all salespeople - and they are all full-time).

My last month (July) I hit 80 sales.  It means I made the "President's Club", which gives you a $100 bonus (expense account, basically, where you turn in some receipts for pretty much anything and they reimburse you).  It also gives you an extra $5 per sale for the next month, but that is a non-issue since Saturday was my last day.

So, I email my supervisor so I can get the expense report form, and am told that he asked his boss, and was told I don't get it because the benefit is for THIS month, and I would have to be employed to get it.

Can you believe that shit?

Yes I can.
Sales is a "Fuck you" business. You gotta fuck them before they fuck you.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:15:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:16:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes, I can believe that.  It's exactly what happens in the majority of american companies these days.  Just put them behind you and see if you can find some of the good people at the next company.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:16:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Ask LT about this one.  In the car sales business this happens all the time. The overseer sales guys steal the salesmens bonuses all the time.  

Do have a list of phone numbers of the customers?  I would start making some phone calls and tell them how this company operates.  A few lost customers will give them a wake up call.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:17:33 AM EDT
[#7]
If a $100 is the most you ever get screwed over by an employer, count it as a blessing.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:18:04 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If a $100 is the most you ever get screwed over by an employer, count it as a blessing.

+1
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:22:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Well, at least they bought me a nice ice-cream cake on Friday - but that still sucks ass.

Oh well, no biggie.  At least they didn't take my red Swingline stapler.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:22:22 AM EDT
[#10]
If I were you, I'd quit.
Oh, wait!

You need to write a letter to the top guy that you know, asking for a written explanation of why you are not compensated per your employment agreement through the end of your term.

BTW, welcome to being on "the other side" of trying to get YOUR money from an insurance company!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:23:46 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

It's aboot dignity! It's aboot respect! It's aboot...Hey, fuck you buddy!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:24:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Some jobs are worth $100 to walk away from.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:31:02 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Oh yea and I have you beat bud.

Was owed a $15,000 bonus due to exceptional sales.  Executive VP himself came from VA to congradulate me and give me a promation to District Manager.  Come bonus time, I got a check for $3,000.  They said I had to have my old title to get the original bonus even though it was earned before I took the new job.  Can we say "SCREWED"!

Sounds like that VP needs a free trip to Turkey with a pound of hash taped to his chest.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:32:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Had my commish   capped @ 32K per month when I blew it out and should have been paid 52K   I still didn't quit but tried to sandbag more to take advantage of different incentive programs.

That was an incredible year.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:38:08 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Had my commish   capped @ 32K per month when I blew it out and should have been paid 52K   I still didn't quit but tried to sandbag more to take advantage of different incentive programs.

You are Soooooo in sales.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:38:13 AM EDT
[#16]
I would stop whining about my problems online.

But hey, that's just me.....
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:41:54 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

The jewelry store called: Your gold chains are in. Plus, the tailor says the fall line of Sans-a-Belt slacks will be available next week. Still no word on the Rogaine, but I've got the UPS supervisor tracking it down. See you at 12:30 to tee off.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:42:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Yeah, doesn't your supervisor post here, too?

What's that saying about honor among thieves?  

Really, it ain't no thing.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:43:56 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Not to split the hair too fine....but you didn't "...give this company 2.5 years..".
You traded your services for a paycheck and whatever benefits you/they agreed upon.

Your tone seems to imply the company doesn't appreciate your loyality.....NEWSFLASH..

It doesn't.

If the firm owes you some money. Go after it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:45:09 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I never understood the concept of capping bonus money. I would max out in half a year, so why keep pushing if you don't get paid more?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:53:29 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The jewelry store called: Your gold chains are in. Plus, the tailor says the fall line of Sans-a-Belt slacks will be available next week. Still no word on the Rogaine, but I've got the UPS supervisor tracking it down. See you at 12:30 to tee off.

Any word on the Member's Only jacket?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:55:45 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:55:56 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Some jobs are worth $100 to walk away from.

+1.  I walked away from a $5000 retention bonus one time.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:08:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:09:49 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I never understood the concept of capping bonus money. I would max out in half a year, so why keep pushing if you don't get paid more?

IBM does that to the service techs as well. We get a "percent" of profit for extra serivices and new systems sold if we find the lead in the field. it caps at 5k bonus <pre tax> anything above that and you get nothing for the extra hastle and work. i hit the 100k club the last 2 yeras and ended up with a grand total of about 4200 in total for the 2 years. this year i'm not even trying. it's not worth the hastle.

I'd say 25% of my coworkers are ex-IBM for reasons like that. Oh, and they like to see their families once in a while.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:13:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:13:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Slash $100 worth of rubber around that "reserved for asshole" parking spot.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:55:25 AM EDT
[#28]

Geez, I thought the weekly greywolf  "Nobody at my job realizes how special and wonderful I am" threads would finally end after you quite your d@mn job.  This "I am the center of the universe" crap usually wears off sometime between 2nd and 4th grade.

If your job sucks so much, get another one.  If you can't find one, start your own business.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:04:39 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's aboot dignity! It's aboot respect! It's aboot...Hey, fuck you buddy!

That's funny, considering most of the top management is Canadian!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:06:28 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I would hammer my balls flat with a meat tenderizer to never have to hear anyone talk that way again.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:07:34 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Geez, I thought the weekly greywolf  "Nobody at my job realizes how special and wonderful I am" threads would finally end after you quite your d@mn job.  This "I am the center of the universe" crap usually wears off sometime between 2nd and 4th grade.

If your job sucks so much, get another one.  If you can't find one, start your own business.

Jesus, dude - who shit in your Wheaties?   Don't like my posts, take a hike.  I'm sure when you post something going on in your life I'll make it a point to piss and moan at your troubles and complain that you are whining.

Seriously, who the fuck ARE you?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:11:20 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jesus, dude - who shit in your Wheaties?   Don't like my posts, take a hike.  I'm sure when you post something going on in your life I'll make it a point to piss and moan at your troubles and complain that you are whining.

Maybe your EX employer
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:46:41 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe your EX employer

LOL - well, there are a few ARFcommers at my ex-place of work, but he's not one of them, I am certain of that.

Oh well, some people come here to talk about their lives and what is going in in them.  Others show up to research firearms and trade/sell stuff.

Then there are those, like bubba, who come here to engage in verbal masturbation.  All I ask is that he mop up when he's done.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top