Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2010 8:32:32 AM EDT
I've just spent  30 minutes trying to get around 3 Canadian truckers who thought it would be funny to fuck with an American on his home turf.
I would hit the left lane to pass with a good 8 mph in reserve, and they'd speed up. Then slow down when I backed off to clear the lane. Then they'd speed up when I did to get around them.

Canadian trucks are supposed to be governed to 62. My truck will run 70. They shouldn't be able to keep up but they could.  Luckily the one vehicle behind me saw what they were doing so he got mad at them and not me. Stupid canadians.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/21/2010 8:34:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Pakistani or Indians getting produce?

ETA:

We feel the same way when a trucker pulls into our lane and does the same thing. Glad to see you got a taste of some of your own
Link Posted: 4/21/2010 8:34:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Fuck truckers. Fuck 'em in the truck.

Link Posted: 4/21/2010 8:37:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Pakistani or Indians getting produce?

ETA:

We feel the same way when a trucker pulls into our lane and does the same thing. Glad to see you got a taste of some of your own

Rest assured, any shit you deal with from truckers, I deal with more of it.

Eta: except that gay sex thing you talk about below

Link Posted: 4/21/2010 8:38:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Caught them before banging away in the cab. Supposed to be canx'n out bonds...instead Pushti and Rushti were playing pitcher and catcher...Cab smelling of BO and Chapati and then add gay sex

So glad I moved away from cargo.

Link Posted: 4/21/2010 8:40:54 AM EDT
[#5]
I-20 between Atlanta and Birmingham.

I will be in my car doing 10 over in the left of two lanes and there will be two trucks nose to tail up ahead.  I have been coming up for the last 2 miles, flat as hell, no one else on the road, they are doing 65 in a 70.....

100 feet from the rear truck and BOOM.  Jackass pulls out and passes the other truck at 2 mph more then the other guy..... IF he can even complete the pass.  Sometimes they drop back and get behind the guy again.

I am not flashing lights or tailgaiting, etc.  I do this trip about once a month and EVERY time in both directions have this happen.

I know good goddamn well that this is happening intentionally to block cars.  I have had it happen badly enough in broad daylight that the guy nearly hit me and the only thing I could do was run into the shoulder and complete the pass.  He came out of lane with me NEXT to his trailer.  This was, yet again, after coming up in the left lane with the trucks visible for at least a mile ahead (so conversely I was visible to them for the same distance) and yet, I almost get knocked off the road.

A decade of doing this drive and this petty bullshit is getting tired.
Link Posted: 4/21/2010 8:41:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Dan, you need a possum on your dash to show the bastards how you roll. Put the fear of God in 'em.  
Link Posted: 4/21/2010 8:42:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Meh, I just pull them over and do a level 1 on them.

Link Posted: 4/21/2010 8:44:12 AM EDT
[#8]
In the groin. You'll probably break their hand or something.

Link Posted: 4/21/2010 8:44:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Dan, you need a possum on your dash to show the bastards how you roll. Put the fear of God in 'em.  

I have a fuckin skeleton hanging in the passenger side window.

Link Posted: 4/21/2010 8:44:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/21/2010 8:44:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I will be in my car doing 10 over in the left of two lanes and there will be two trucks nose to tail up ahead.  I have been coming up for the last 2 miles, flat as hell, no one else on the road, they are doing 65 in a 70.....

100 feet from the rear truck and BOOM.  Jackass pulls out and passes the other truck at 2 mph more then the other guy..... IF he can even complete the pass.  Sometimes they drop back and get behind the guy again.

I am not flashing lights or tailgaiting, etc.  I do this trip about once a month and EVERY time in both directions have this happen.

I know good goddamn well that this is happening intentionally to block cars.  I have had it happen badly enough in broad daylight that the guy nearly hit me and the only thing I could do was run into the shoulder and complete the pass.  He came out of lane with me NEXT to his trailer.  This was, yet again, after coming up in the left lane with the trucks visible for at least a mile ahead (so conversely I was visible to them for the same distance) and yet, I almost get knocked off the road.

Yep the bullshit starts at the Carrollton/Villa Rica exit and continues a LOOONG way, i am glad i just have to make it to Bremen most times...
Link Posted: 4/21/2010 8:45:09 AM EDT
[#12]
ME TOO!!
Link Posted: 4/21/2010 8:45:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Canadian trucks are supposed to be governed to 62. Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Trucks going through Quebec and Ontario are supposed to be govenered at 65.

We had 2 company drivers get fined for having the truck govenered at 65 on the pedal and 67 on the cruise.

I no longer go to Canada because I refuse to govern my truck.

I go down I-75 alot out of Detroit and I will be doing 68-69 mph and I will be passed by trucks with Onatario plates that blow by me.

So I guess they only enforce it on US trucks
Link Posted: 4/21/2010 8:46:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Meh, I just pull them over and do a level 1 on them.

I like d.o.t. A hell of a lot more than I like truckers. Like us, yall just have a job to do, and d.o.t. Cops have always been much more respectful than any trucker.

Link Posted: 4/21/2010 8:48:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

...and why are you in the LEFT lane until its actually time to pass?????
Link Posted: 4/21/2010 8:48:27 AM EDT
[#16]
"Canadian trucks are supposed to be governed to 62." ––- says who? The speed limit here on the highway is 65 MPH, but everyone goes faster.
Link Posted: 4/21/2010 8:51:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
"Canadian trucks are supposed to be governed to 62." ––- says who? The speed limit here on the highway is 65 MPH, but everyone goes faster.

I think he is refering to the 65mph speed limiter law for going through Ontario and Quebec.

I thought I read somewhere that Novia Scocia is considering the law also.
Link Posted: 4/21/2010 8:54:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Canadian trucks are supposed to be governed to 62. Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Trucks going through Quebec and Ontario are supposed to be govenered at 65.

We had 2 company drivers get fined for having the truck govenered at 65 on the pedal and 67 on the cruise.

I no longer go to Canada because I refuse to govern my truck.

I go down I-75 alot out of Detroit and I will be doing 68-69 mph and I will be passed by trucks with Onatario plates that blow by me.

So I guess they only enforce it on US trucks

My guess too

Link Posted: 4/21/2010 8:55:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Couple of canadian truckers. Guess they were full of shit eh?

Link Posted: 4/21/2010 8:55:54 AM EDT
[#20]
65?  I've never seen any speed limit in Canada (ON, QC, NB, NL, & BC) set over 100km/hr which pretty much comes to 62 mph and I've NEVER seen a  speed limit sign posted in anything else but kilometers per hour.
Link Posted: 4/21/2010 8:57:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
65?  I've never seen any speed limit in Canada (ON, QC, NB, NL, & BC) set over 100km/hr which pretty much comes to 62 mph and I've NEVER seen a  speed limit sign posted in anything else but kilometers per hour.

110 KM/Hr in NS and NB
Link Posted: 4/21/2010 9:00:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

110 KM/Hr in NS and NB

Well aren't yall just fuckin flyin

Link Posted: 4/21/2010 9:07:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
In the groin. You'll probably break their hand Jaw or something.

Fixed it for ya!  LOL!
Link Posted: 4/21/2010 9:08:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

105km/h = 65.24 mph

http://www.journalofcommerce.com/article/id31995
January 12, 2009

Starting this year, most large trucks in Ontario and Quebec are now required to use electronic devices that cap their speed at 105 kilometres per hour.

These devices, called speed limiters, lower maintenance costs and improve fuel economy. Transport Canada estimated that speed limiters will save the Ontario trucking industry about 100 million litres of diesel fuel and reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 280,000 tonnes annually. Ontario and Quebec are jointly introducing speed limiter regulations. There will be a six-month educational awareness period.

Link Posted: 4/21/2010 9:10:21 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm sitting between two trucks from Canada as I'm getting loaded in Buggtussle, MS. Both drivers are wearing turbans on thier head, flip flops, suit jackets and Addidas sweat pants. Not a lick of English between the both of them. Neither one could back into the dock without 15 pull-ups and help from the other one. I see more and more Canadian "truck drivers" every day.
Link Posted: 4/21/2010 9:20:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

110 KM/Hr in NS and NB

And chunks of NL. And parts of Quebec. And Ontario. Oh, and Alberta.
Link Posted: 4/21/2010 9:33:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Caught them before banging away in the cab. Supposed to be canx'n out bonds...instead Pushti and Rushti were playing pitcher and catcher...Cab smelling of BO and Chapati and then add gay sex

So glad I moved away from cargo.

This is...disturbing.
Link Posted: 4/21/2010 9:36:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a fuckin skeleton hanging in the passenger side window.

So that's what happened to SOTD.
Link Posted: 4/21/2010 9:57:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

...and why are you in the LEFT lane until its actually time to pass?????

Generally it is MUCH smoother, due to the trucks and I have no one behind me.  There is enough truck traffic that it is not even worth getting over in the right.  If someone is coming up faster then I, I will get over.  I am not a lane-ranger.

I know what you are getting at, but I really don't give two shits about bouncing back and forth between the right and left lane for 150 miles.  The cops don't care, either.  It is not like NJ where the State (Nazi) Troopers will fuck your grandmother on the hood of your car for staying in the left lane.
Link Posted: 4/21/2010 9:59:34 AM EDT
[#30]
I have never seen a Canadian truck driver going under 65mph. I've had one try and run me into a jersey barrier(I was merging in a construction zone with no shoulder and he in his empty flat bed, hammered it to block me! I thought I was dead)I called his employer! And another almost touching my rear bumper at 60mph(I was in a civic) flipped him the bird and then he passed me and swerved into my lane. Did I mention it was a fuel truck? I guess they think they are immune to our laws, eh?
Link Posted: 4/21/2010 10:02:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Living on I-20 at 158 mm I truly know what you are talking about.

Link Posted: 4/21/2010 10:05:48 AM EDT
[#32]
That's why I want a roof mounted grenade launcher.
Link Posted: 4/21/2010 10:07:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Years ago I worked at a steel mill and of all the truckers that came
through, the Canadians were about the only ones who understood please,
thank you, and personal hygiene.

Link Posted: 4/21/2010 10:12:22 AM EDT
[#34]
we have a healthy dose of oil field tankers and rock haulers here to add to the every-day low-boys and reefers. Fuckers will run 3 wide down the interstate or all get in the left hand lane and fuck up the flow. Bastards should stay out of the hammer lane through the city or face a $5000 fine.

To add to that pet peeve...if you cant do the speed limit, your overloaded and should be ticketed for obstructing traffic. If theyd concentrate on that shit rather than BS seat belt laws things would run alot more smoothly on the roadway. That goes for anyone, all the way from 18 wheels to 2.
Link Posted: 4/21/2010 10:16:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I have never seen a Canadian truck driver going under 65mph. I've had one try and run me into a jersey barrier(I was merging in a construction zone with no shoulder and he in his empty flat bed, hammered it to block me! I thought I was dead)I called his employer! And another almost touching my rear bumper at 60mph(I was in a civic) flipped him the bird and then he passed me and swerved into my lane. Did I mention it was a fuel truck? I guess they think they are immune to our laws, eh?

Thing is, I have dated a canadian girl on and off for a couple of years. She says that most Canadians hate us due to our arrogance. I make fighter pilots look humble. And the arrogance I get from these fuck heads is amazing.  Oddly my dealings with Canadian customs have been 100% mutually polite.

When the chick and I hooked up I had to put her in her fucking place a time or two.  But over all, I  like the residents of our hat.

Link Posted: 4/21/2010 10:17:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
It is not like NJ where the State (Nazi) Troopers will fuck your grandmother on the hood of your car for staying in the left lane.

I can only hope that VA Troopers will soon resort to such tactics. Left lane camping is my #1 pet peeve. I have no issue if you choose to ride there with no one behind you, its the ones that wont move that are going to push me over the edge one day.....

Link Posted: 4/21/2010 10:24:22 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/21/2010 10:25:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is not like NJ where the State (Nazi) Troopers will fuck your grandmother on the hood of your car for staying in the left lane.

I can only hope that VA Troopers will soon resort to such tactics. Left lane camping is my #1 pet peeve. I have no issue if you choose to ride there with no one behind you, its the ones that wont move that are going to push me over the edge one day.....

Most times traveling to BHAM, I rarely need to move over to let anyone by.  Of course, now that GA passed their "SuperSpeeder" revenue plan, you really have to watch your ass in this state.  One superspeeder ticket is an ADDITIONAL 200 bucks to existing fines for 85 and over on GA highways.
Link Posted: 4/21/2010 12:50:53 PM EDT
[#39]
I must be living in the Bizzar-o Universe.  In the last 25+ years, I think the number of truckers who have aggravated me could be counted on at most two hands.  I generally find them to be the better drivers on the road and rarely discourteous –– even here in Yankeeland.

It's all those other fucking assholes I can't stand.  You know, the brain dead masses driving their zombiemobiles aimlessly down the highway without regard for anything around them.  How freaking hard is it to use a turn signal?  To stay the fuck out of the passing lane when you're not passing?  To turn your damn headlights on in heavy rain?  To maintain your speed?  To be courteous to others?  These are not transgressions I associate with truckers.
Link Posted: 4/21/2010 12:58:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
In the groin. You'll probably break their buddies hand or something.

Fixed
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top