Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2002 5:26:58 PM EDT
They say that God never gives you more then you can handle.  

So with the fate of America on his shoulders what do you think of his performance?

I say he is a Decent , Honest, Caring, REAL, Man.  I say that he is as Solid as they come.

So every night, when you pray just throw a few words his way. As well as to the soldiers. I know that there is no need to say that here.

Ben
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 5:30:33 PM EDT
[#1]
He is a career politician. Therefore, I don't trust him.

Link Posted: 4/25/2002 5:31:21 PM EDT
[#2]
That, and he signed the "patriot" act.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 5:42:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

truth:2 terms as TX gov. 1 as perz.
Not the longest "career" I have seen.

Knee Jerk!
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 6:15:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Not perfect, but beats the shit out of Gore. With Gore we would have surrendered already.

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 6:31:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Knee Jerk!
View Quote

What did he do before TX gov?

You're right though, that was a knee jerk response.

Still, he's signed clearly unconstitutional laws and that is enough to put him on my shit list.

Link Posted: 4/25/2002 6:46:14 PM EDT
[#6]
He signed the Patriot act.

He signed the incumbent protection act.

He let the drilling in the artic die from inattention.

I voted for him but it is tough watching him do these things. He is better than Gore, I'm just not sure by how much.

I don't think there is a chance in hell he will let the AW ban sunset.

We will see.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 6:49:56 PM EDT
[#7]
It will sunset. It's written into the law. You can be sure that he'll sign its replacement though. I'd sure be surprised if he didn't (assuming a replacement ban gets to his desk.)
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 12:04:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Knee Jerk!
View Quote

What did he do before TX gov?

You're right though, that was a knee jerk response.

Still, he's signed clearly unconstitutional laws and that is enough to put him on my shit list.

View Quote

You may be on to something with the unconstitutional laws,I think he wants them shoot down just not by him and thats a sh!tty move.

And thank you for taking the "Knee Jerk!" for what it was.
We need to keep an eye on that crap,and we all do it.
Every time one of us snaps off the commies start in with there crap!"see,all these gun people are nuts" ect,ect,.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 12:31:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You may be on to something with the unconstitutional laws,I think he wants them shoot down just not by him and thats a sh!tty move.
View Quote

Not sh!itty - it's probably his only viable move. An Analogy:

You face a formidable enemy (Liberals) charging hard to the gate (CFR).

You are outnumbered (because of RINOs in Congress), outgunned (veto overide) and they have superior manuverability (the Media).

You believe overwhelming reinforcements (SCOTUS) are very likely on their way to back up your side.

These are your options.
#1) Stand and resist (veto CFR) and most likely lose your life very quickly ('02 & '04 elections).
#2) Tactical retreat (sign it). Let enemy win the battle. Join with reinforcements to counterattack.

What would you do?

Remember, the ultimate goal is to defeat CFR, not win every battle with Congress.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 6:01:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 6:14:46 PM EDT
[#11]
What do I think of Bush?  Just read my signature line.  The only guys worthy of the job wouldn't touch it with a 12 foot pole.

However, I'll take a Republican over a Democrat any day.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 6:23:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Not sh!itty - it's probably his only viable move. An Analogy:

You face a formidable enemy (Liberals) charging hard to the gate (CFR).

You are outnumbered (because of RINOs in Congress), outgunned (veto overide) and they have superior manuverability (the Media).

You believe overwhelming reinforcements (SCOTUS) are very likely on their way to back up your side.

These are your options.
#1) Stand and resist (veto CFR) and most likely lose your life very quickly ('02 & '04 elections).
#2) Tactical retreat (sign it). Let enemy win the battle. Join with reinforcements to counterattack.

What would you do?

Remember, the ultimate goal is to defeat CFR, not win every battle with Congress.
View Quote

I think you're right.

What Bush is trying to do is take away the liberal's "issues".  It's a valid strategy which puts him in a unique position as it totally disarms the Democrat's historical claims that Republican Presidents are uncompromising hard-liners.

His actions have disarmed the Democrats for the upcoming elections.

As for the law, it's clearly unconstitutional and Bush clearly wasn't enthusiastic about signing it.  I'm sure it was a calculated gamble that it would be repealed by the Supreme Court.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top