Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2001 5:03:49 AM EDT
Look, this was an absolutely horrible event.  We don't even know just how bad it is yet, and cannot hope to know the total damage inflicted for months.  The total cost in human lives, economic loss, and future domestic political events will be unimaginable.

Yes the guilty need to be taken out, but some of you are holding the entire islamic world guilty.  That's brilliant!  Some of you sound like Hitler's brown shirts.  Just simply replace "muslim" with "jew" in your statements.  Just because many are celebrating doesn't mean you can kill them.  What the hell!? Have you lost your minds.  Gee, they are enjoying this, let's just eliminate them even though they didn't do it!  

But, DriftPunch, "These people have harbored and looked the other way regarding terrorisim for years.  They are just as guilty."  I can't count the number of people on this board that supported Eric Rudolph.  Can we come after you as a domestic terrorist as well.

Sheesh, cooler heads will always prevail.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 5:47:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Amen.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 5:54:48 AM EDT
[#2]
... I tend to agree. After all it's our American civility that sets us apart from the bloodthirsty savages that attacked the WTC.
Some good neighbors of mine (close friends) immigrated from Afghanistan about six years ago and they are rightfully scared. Simply because of the color of their skin. His wife cried at the devastation in NYC. Their eldest is in the US Army. They are good people. They love the USA.
I am proud to be their friend. It's a shame that the lynch mob mentality still exists in the USA and even manifests itself among the population on this board.
Oh well, I guess it takes all kinds.

(theres no "U" in among stupid)
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 5:57:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Look, this was an absolutely horrible event.  We don't even know just how bad it is yet, and cannot hope to know the total damage inflicted for months.  The total cost in human lives, economic loss, and future domestic political events will be unimaginable.

Yes the guilty need to be taken out, but some of you are holding the entire islamic world guilty.  That's brilliant!  Some of you sound like Hitler's brown shirts.  Just simply replace "muslim" with "jew" in your statements.  Just because many are celebrating doesn't mean you can kill them.  What the hell!? Have you lost your minds.  Gee, they are enjoying this, let's just eliminate them even though they didn't do it!  

But, DriftPunch, "These people have harbored and looked the other way regarding terrorisim for years.  They are just as guilty."  I can't count the number of people on this board that supported Eric Rudolph.  Can we come after you as a domestic terrorist as well.

Sheesh, cooler heads will always prevail.
View Quote

Correct, and once these cooler heads determine who is responsible these cooler heads are going to camly hunt those people down and KILL them.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 5:59:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Post from DriftPunch -
Gee, they are enjoying this, let's just eliminate them even though they didn't do it!
View Quote

Now, who's overreacting? Sure, there have been some exagerrated responses on this Board, but we are among friends, are we not? And the carange we've witnessed has been enormous, as well as emotional. So sorry that some emotions here run hotter than others.

Upon entering the scene of carnage at Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941, Adm. Bull Halsey turned to his fellow officers on the bridge and simply said:

[size=4][b]'Gentlemen, when this war is over, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!'[/b][/size=4]

That was an 'overreaction' as well, but, in light of what he saw, a forgiveable one, [i]n'est pas?[/i]

Eric The(GivenToHyperbole,Myself)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 6:02:07 AM EDT
[#5]
... key words [i]"determine who is responsible"[/i].
... not round up everyone with an Arabic name or who practice the Muslim religion and hang 'em.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 9:17:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Some of the posters' zest can be attributed to emotional overreacting by normal people.  These guys are just venting online, and normal self control will win.  There seems to be another group that has a "We've let you live too long anyway!" attitude toward muslims.  I suspect that they have always had this ideal, but after Tuesdays event, they can freely share it without fear.

This is NOT a politically correct stance, it is simply a correct stance.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 2:12:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes, Admiral Halsey said that, and was justified.  However, the rounding up of all Americans who just happened to have roots in Japan was not the right thing to do.  We must hold individuals responsible, and governments responsible... To hold every Muslim as a terrorist is to hold every gun owner as a murderer, simply because gun owners have murdered...

I too am eager for revenge, but not at the cost of freedom and liberty.  If there is a war over this, I might have to go.  And I feel that we were justified in starting a war...  But I won't go out capping local American citizens that happen to have Islamic roots.  And I won't stand for anyone else doing it.

Now that some time has passed, heads should be cooler, but there are more reports of violence against American moslems.  Sickening.  We aren't the same as the Taliban.  We can't act that way.  We can't let ourselves become that way, or the bad guys win.

Link Posted: 9/14/2001 2:06:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yes, Admiral Halsey said that, and was justified.  However, the rounding up of all Americans who just happened to have roots in Japan was not the right thing to do.  

View Quote

Or the 1000s of Americans of German and Italian descent who were interned during the second world war and subsequently forgotten about by history - or at least the media and educational establishments - for the reason of making it a non-white racial issue, and not simply the misguided nationalism that it was.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 2:20:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Hey, whatever happened to "Nuke all the fucking towelheads?".

OK.... a lame and misguided attempt at sarcastic humor.  I do agree with you on this thread.

Attack those responsible.... if there is collateral damage (a nice euphemism for manslaughter or murder on our part), then make that damage as little as possible.

Any reasonable person can figure out that aiming your anger at those not guilty, will only end up making us another enemy.  Hey, it made Bin Ladens name known even among the sheep.

I thank all of you with cool heads.  I know you long for revenge and blood as much as me.  Thank you for your ability to see through the propoganda, and look for the enemy, not just those who who look like the enemy.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 4:07:29 AM EDT
[#10]
WE ARE AT WAR.  It's time to face that harsh reality. We are under attack.  
The only answer is to occupy all territories that harbor terrorists.  It is an expenive and expansive operation, but the price we just paid here in NY & Washington is much greater.  For too long this country has believed that personal greed and good economy were more important than the security & safety of our country.
Every couple of generations, a decision must be made to re-establish safety & sanity on earth.  Our fathers & mothers made that decision, & won.  Our great grandfathers also made that decision...& won.  It is now our turn to make a hard decision that risks all to preserve freedom.  To lose means the loss of freedom on earth, and I, for one, have no desire to live and bring up children in fear or slavery.
Innocent people will be hurt.  That is regrettable...but the greater good of humanity is at stake...nothing less. The time to recognize that words mean nothing to killers is at hand.  
Rounding up all arab-americans is aburd and wrong.  There are many good people here in the US who are of Mid-eastern heritage.  
However, all Work Visas & Student Visas should be cancelled effective immediately and those persons deported.  This is a time for US Citizens ONLY to be in the country. And no matter what the race or religion, a US citizen is a US Citizen!
It is also a time for all Americans to be armed and CALM!!! Not all Islamics are terrorists, just as not all of any kind of people are represented by the extremists among them.
I have also noted that those who believed I was extremist is owning firearms is now rethinking their position.  My wife [who has a handgun license] was horrified at the amount of power in her hand when she went to the range to fire the gun for the first time.  She would not touch the gun again after that.  Yesterday, in light of recent events, she commented to co-workers [she works in mid-town Manhattan] that she is happy that she has the ability to pick up and properly fire a gun if required.
Maybe, just maybe, this country will wake up and realize that we who have maintained the responsible ownership of firearms were right all along.
From NY, good luck to all across the country as we enter into a very diffuclt time in our history.  We are not the first to take up this task and we must win as all those before us have done.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 6:43:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just simply replace "muslim" with "jew" in your statements
View Quote

That's what I did.  [i]Muslim-broni[/i] just didn't sound catchy.  Oye Ahmed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top