Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2005 8:37:53 PM EDT

SHELL Oil said it began producing crude oil and natural gas from its Cougar and Enchilada units in the Gulf of Mexico.

"Today we began producing from our Cougar and Enchilada assets in the Gulf of Mexico, and the Yellowhammer Gas Processing Plant, in Mobile Bay, Alabama, is now operating," the company said in a statement. Shell did not elaborate on production levels.

The Enchilada unit, about 300 kilometres southwest of New Orleans, has a peak daily production from its two platforms of 32,800 barrels of crude and 52 million cubic metres of gas, according to the Shell website.

Shell's Cougar platform is part of its Popeye field, about 225 kilometres south of New Orleans in 610 metres of water. Three wells in the Popeye field have had a combined daily production rate as high as 50 million cubic metres and 9,000 barrels of condensate.

The Yellowhammer plant is about 32 kilometres south of Mobile and can process 60 million cubic metres of natural gas each day.

Not sure how much this be, but any steps right now will help imo.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:39:56 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

The Enchilada unit, has a peak daily production of 52 million cubic metres of gas

That is some POWERFUL mexican food!  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:40:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Enchilada?

I thought you were BS'ing at first making a reference to methayne gas of sorts...
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:44:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought you were going to say "I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance".
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:54:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Most of the majors use unique project names to title their big projects. Makes it easier to address them. Shell used to use liquors like Cognac, Bourbon, etc.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:01:08 PM EDT
[#5]
So where is the good news? Oil isn't our problem, it's refining it into gasoline. The article says that they are producing natural gas. Doesn't help me, how bout you guys?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:02:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Too bad all the oil in the world wont change the fact our processing it to gas has dropped by the 8 plants are closed.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:08:02 PM EDT
[#7]
The plants are NOT damaged.  There are problems finding staff BUT the profit margins certainly means the plant will be opening even if that means bringing in housing unitf for the staff.

Valero, the nations largest refiner, has all their plants running.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:09:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Just wait till you see what the refried bean plant can produce !!!!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top