Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2005 2:30:52 PM EDT
20% off coupon code for "one" item from the REI online Outlet. Code is GMCP9.  Here's some headlamps I found that might interest people here.

There's tone of stuff, but these 3 headlamps are cheaper priced than any where else I have seen on the net. Plus they are name branded (Princton Tec and Petzl) Arguably, a couple of the best brands too. I got 2 Princetons' and one Petzl Myo 3. Headlamps are VERY handy for when you want your hands free.

If there's an REI in your area, you can just have it shipped there for pickup like I did without charge. If you gotta pay shipping, it's not as good a deal unless you buy something higher priced.

Just be aware that the 20% code is for "one" item in your shopping list, so if you want to order multiple things, order each item seperaely so you can use the code each time.

Princeton Matrix one-watt Luxeon LED headlamp
- Gets very good reviews from hiking people and other outdoor type review sights. With their
60% off price of 14.93 + the 20% code, it comes to $11.93. Cheapest I can find it on the net is $25+ dollars.
www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?storeId=8001&catalogId=40000008001&productId=47868789

Petzl Myo 3 Hybred LED/Xenon headlamp. 30% closeout price $34.93 + 20% code = $27.95. Not as good a deal as the Princeton, but still cheaper than I've seen it online. This gets good reviews too, but is a standard xenon bulb with 3 LED's for low power usage.
www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?storeId=8001&catalogId=40000008001&productId=47968390

Same as above (price, style, everything), except that battery pack is worn on belt instead of back of headband:
Petzl Myobelt 3
www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?storeId=8001&catalogId=40000008001&productId=47968388

THere's tone of other stuff you can use the codes on, but these 3 caught my eye as I use flashlight/headlamp a lot and these are nice units (actually getting them as gifts for others as I already have some I puchased at higher prices). I know  some of you guys are campers and hikers and theres lots of good stuff at good prices there too.

REI is VERY good about returns (including online sales). I have ordered stuff online, went to pick it up and decided I just didn't like it for stupid reasons and they have given refunds immediately and without hassle. Oh yeah, I'm a member, so I don't know what changes with buying if you're not, however I know some of you guys here are members.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 2:05:35 PM EDT
[#1]
thanks for the tip! (and the coupon code)

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 3:18:21 PM EDT
[#2]
dot
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 4:20:20 PM EDT
[#3]
So much better than a flashlight for routine chores around the campsite.  I will never go back to a hand held flashlight for peaceful ops if I have a headlamp option.  Love Petzl
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top