Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2023 5:05:45 PM EDT
Some here know of my connection with this band. This is something I've had for a long time, it's a recording Allen Collins made at the famous "Hell House" rehearsal cabin outside of Jacksonville, FL on a early cassette recorder. I digitized the tape a while back as it's 50 years old now, but it's pretty damn cool. I've got about 2 hours of them, not sure what to do with them yet. I offered them to the current Lynyrd Skynyrd a while back but they oddly weren't interested.

Anyways, enjoy! This is an excerpt from them writing and arranging the song "Woman of Mine" in June 1973.

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Hell House Rehearsal Session June 1973 (Woman of Mine)
Link Posted: 9/14/2023 5:14:03 PM EDT
[#1]
OP delivers.
Link Posted: 9/14/2023 5:22:01 PM EDT
[#2]
It’s pronounced “Leh-nerd Skin-nerd.”
Link Posted: 9/14/2023 5:35:09 PM EDT
[#3]
This is one of the coolest things I've seen on Arfcom.  Thanks OP.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2023 5:41:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Luckily the person I got this from was smart enough to not do with it what Allen told him to do. They were in a later band together in the early 80s, and they were rehearsing at Allen’s studio behind his house. He had a big box full of these blank tapes he was using to re-record over for rehearsals. We think he may have recorded over the original rehearsal of them writing “Sweet Home Alabama” because it was right around the same time as this one
Top Top