Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2001 1:55:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 2:01:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Want to be pissed off even more? That same congress votes every year on the percentage that social security benefits will be increased and how much the retired senitors will increase. They consistanly vote their cost of living increases well over five percent while s/s recipients cost of living only increases less than two percent. Why the Hell does their cost of living go up more than mine?
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 2:24:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 2:35:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Mike, this would probably explain why disability applications take up to three years to process now. People with legitimate claims that are unable to work due to disabilities are unable to feed and house themselves while they wait on these lazy assholes to play grab ass instead of doing their damn jobs. The ultimate irony would be to throw their asses on the street and make them wait three years for their claim so they could start eating again.

Thank you for doing your job and for caring.
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 2:47:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 3:51:30 PM EDT
[#5]
The special plan that congressmen have where they dont pay into soc sec also applies to state workers.  State workers dont have social security taken out they pay into a 401k type system that will be there when they retire unlike the rest of us who will be told "sorry, you have to pay into the system but when you are old and need it it wont be there".  Social security is ok for working people but not for the government.
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 4:27:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 5:46:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Beer_Slayer,

My wife works for the state education system and she definately pays SS taxes. As far as the congrass goes that sounds about right. They have been padding their pockets with our tax dollars for years. Congress was spelled wrong on purpose if you know what I mean.

Moose
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 6:03:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Chances are good (or bad, depending on your point of view) that most people posting at AR15.com under the age of 50 will see limited social security benefits, if any.  Our government will institute "means testing" and if you have a 401K or equivalent with a value exceeding some minimum level, you will be viewed as "self-sufficient" and you can kiss your social security benefit good-bye.

The rising tide of immigrants and others who feel no allegiance to those who economically paved the way for them will realize their power at the ballot box and exercise it.  Woe to the politician who attempts to increase the taxes on the new "diverse" majority to pay the retirements of the wealthy white minority.
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 6:26:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I totally agree with means testing for Social Security. It may lead to some weird practices, seniors giving all their money & property to trusted kids, selling registered assets for untraceable ones.
Luckily my wife is a state employee, maybe I will leave the private sector to.
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 6:54:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Speaking as a young college student who will be graduating very soon who works full time every other semester to pay for college and get work experience. I hate social security. None of the people my age that i know wan't to pay into SS and they don't wan't the benefits. SS sucks and is useless. Someone with a mediocre intelligence can manage their money much beter than the govt. Putting all the money that was suppposed to go into SS into a decent mutual fund and you could retire much earlier. All govt. money programs are just socalist programs that continue to hurt freedom. I don't want it and I shouldn't have to support it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top