Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2006 9:21:11 PM EDT
and you have fantastic credit, while your spouse's is horrible.  What becomes (if anything) of your credit score/ her credit score?  Any significant pro's or con's for either?  

TIA

--Vt
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:22:56 PM EDT
[#1]
You can help her fix hers and she sure as hell will screw yours....

But no, credit is tied to your SSN... Not someones name
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:23:17 PM EDT
[#2]
well from the long time ago I worked in the industry, there is no "joint" credit, just your credit and her credit.

So if you keep your accounts and she keeps hers, nothing should change unless you mess up your credit.

If you get some joint account and she messes it up, then it will start to mess up your credit (as long as it's reported).
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:24:11 PM EDT
[#3]
dude...     this is wrong..
you will be in debt soon.  if she cant take care of her credit, she surely wont care bout yours..
why would you do this
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:26:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
you will be in debt soon.  if she cant take care of her credit, she surely wont care bout yours..
why would you do this

Chances are you will get dragged down while she uses you to lift herself up.

Once she is done with that, she will move on.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:29:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

First, she'll get a boob job.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:35:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
and you have fantastic credit, while your spouse's is horrible.  What becomes (if anything) of your credit score/ her credit score?  Any significant pro's or con's for either?  

TIA

--Vt

My credit was horrible when I got married.  It did not effect [affect?] my husbands at all.  We didn't jump right out and add me to any of his accounts mind you.  My ex husband had filed bankruptcy and it took several years to clear my name.  Once done my credit is very good.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:38:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
why would you do this

Chances are you will get dragged down while she uses you to lift herself up.

Thanks for the responses.  While I know alot of dudes get royally fucked by greedy, fucked up women-I'll take my chances.  We've known each other since childhood, been dating for 6+yrs.  My name is on her car loan and she hasn't skipped a beat (so far).  She buys me guns and makes great pie.  Keeper in my book.  

--VT
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:41:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

First, she'll get a boob job.

We've already discussed this.  After the first couple of kids, I'll buy the boobs.  After all, I live in the land of fake boobies.

--VT
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top