Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2009 5:41:47 AM EDT
This guy has completely flipped? All his policies and positions seem to be counter to what the country needs and what he was a part of under the Bush admin.

Worst part is, I distinctly remember an interview he had prior to the election with a British news outlet in which he was asked if he would stay on if the next administration asked him to. Without adamantly said no. What do you suppose changed his mind so easily?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:47:01 AM EDT
[#1]

He's a pawn.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:08:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Must like the taste of Barry's manhood.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:09:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, I heard this morning he was all for the Missile shield when he was under Pres. Bush.
Though ANY Sec. Def. speaks for the President so it's not Gates that flipped..........It's Obama.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:12:37 AM EDT
[#4]
He wants to keep his job.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:13:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yeah, I heard this morning he was all for the Missile shield when he was under Pres. Bush.

Though ANY Sec. Def. speaks for the President so it's not Gates that flipped..........It's Obama.  

I think a man of principle would resign if he didn't believe in the policies he's made to enforce.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:13:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think a man of principle would resign if he didn't believe in the policies he's made to enforce.

amen!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:14:32 AM EDT
[#7]
If he dosent compromise with Obama he will be fired and be replaced with someone worse. Hes looking out for his own skin and the troops.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:14:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This guy has completely flipped? All his policies and positions seem to be counter to what the country needs and what he was a part of under the Bush admin.

Worst part is, I distinctly remember an interview he had prior to the election with a British news outlet in which he was asked if he would stay on if the next administration asked him to. Without adamantly said no. What do you suppose changed his mind so easily?

He hasn't changed a bit.  He's making the same sort of poor decisions he made when he still worked for Bush.  It's very telling that Obama chose to keep him on when he took over the white house.  That's nearly unheard of, and it shows just how counter to Republican ideals Gates is.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:15:39 AM EDT
[#9]
He Sucks Dick for the Taste of IT!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:16:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Amen to that.  A man of principle would also have declined to serve under Obama when offered the position.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:47:27 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

True.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:50:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Must like the taste of Barry's manhood.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:53:43 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm wondering the same thing about Gen James Jones, former USMC Commandant, EUCOM Combatant Commander, and now Obama's National Security Advisor.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:55:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Gates sucked when Bush picked him and he sucks ever worse under 0bama.  I have neither respect nor regard for the man and would enjoy telling him that to his face.

-K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top