Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/26/2006 9:25:29 PM EDT
Deadline passed no news?  I would think this is a hoax but her driver was shot, so what gives?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:41:59 PM EDT
[#1]
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:43:21 PM EDT
[#2]
no news is..... no news.

i'm sure we'll hear in a few days.

it's fucked up. if there was a media blackout on kidnappings they wouldnt happen so frequently
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:43:26 PM EDT
[#3]
She's now on double secret probation.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:06:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
She's now on double secret probation.

I think its triple, wasn't saturday the 3rd deadline?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:12:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Deadline passed no news?  I would think this is a hoax but her driver was shot, so what gives?

It is a hoax.  Driver was told to take one "for the team."

You know, she was pretty easy on the eyes, I'm sure her captors felt the same way and are taking advantage of the fact that they can educate an infidel on how muslim men treat their women.

Pretty messed up I know.....but isn't the whole middle east?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:41:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I think she is more collaborator than hostage.  How many deadlines to they want to issue before they realis we are onto them?  The press didn't cover too much on that other German female reporter/sympathizer who was ransomed and then found to have some of her own ransom money by the German authorities!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:45:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:02:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Burkah-kake.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:48:23 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
She's busy getting jiggy with Achmed's biggy…

No, I'd be bragging about it here if she were.

I think they're just going to hold her and keep issuing demands until either they get tired of it and shoot her, she gets rescued, or she dies of old age.  I hope someone drops a dime to the military and they get her out, but I'm not making any bets on when or if that'll happen.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:54:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:03:24 AM EDT
[#11]
She traveled to Iraq to be a sympathetic voice of the people suffering under the boot heal of US imperialist agression.

She was Kidnappped.

Never mind developeing Stockholm syndrome, she was already there.

Just became Habibs 4th wife and piss pot maid.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:37:38 AM EDT
[#12]
She wrote for the Christian Science Monitor.  

Are you sure she was a libtard?

TXL
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:47:24 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
She traveled to Iraq to be a sympathetic voice of the people suffering under the boot heal of US imperialist agression.

She was Kidnappped.

Never mind developeing Stockholm syndrome, she was already there.

that'll be the big question, whether she's now a willing participant or a vic of stockholm syndrome. either way, i'll bet she doesn't get killed (unless she's sold to al qaeda or something).
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:53:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:55:25 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I love how the rest of the press keeps her case in the news --like Daniel Pearl's murder for a while there-- and gives it special emphasis because she's a journalist, as though they deserve special notice or consideration.

NEWSFLASH: (<== Irony) Journalists don't actually do anything. They only comment/criticize on what others do. They are not deserving of any sort of concern above and beyond anyone else kidnapped by those animals.

Are there any other Americans being held hostage at the moment?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:58:32 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Yes. One other one as far as I know, a "peace activist" from Virginia is being held hostage over there. He went over, ironically enough, to help Iraqis fill out complaints agains the "US Occupation".

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:01:18 AM EDT
[#17]
and there's still our pow, matt maupin.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:03:13 AM EDT
[#18]
COC prevents me from venting my true feelings regarding
said situation.

Suffice it to say that I could not care less about the her ultimate
fate.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:09:02 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes. One other one as far as I know, a "peace activist" from Virginia is being held hostage over there. He went over, ironically enough, to help Iraqis fill out complaints agains the "US Occupation".

I kind of assumed those guys were dead (there were 4)....I don't think we've heard/seen them or their captors since Dec.

Regardless, I don't think we should care less about her (or him) just because we disagree with their politics
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:38:35 AM EDT
[#20]
I think the only way we'll know her fate is if the Iraqis or Americans find her body dumped, or if the captors make a new video with a new demand and deadline.  I'd say both are equally likely.  The extremists are fucking animals, but I doubt they would've killed her, even if she was an 'infidel.'  They can still use her.

I'll give her one thing, she had (has?) some big solid granite ovaries going out to bad neighborhoods without protection.  It was only a matter of time before they got to her.  So, in that sense, she was balsy and stupid.  I feel no less sorry for her, though, regardless of her politics or profession.  She was innocent in this war.

Even if she was a idiotic liberal journalist, she was still an American, and no fucking terrorist kills an innocent American without due reprisal.  I hold both Libs and journalists to be about as important as gum stuck to my shoe, but I hold terrorists to be lower than steaming piles of shit.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:46:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Sodomizing muslims done wore dat ass out.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:48:13 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

the captors ain't too bright
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:20:17 AM EDT
[#23]
(cough cough) Patty Hearst (cough)
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:22:37 AM EDT
[#24]
You guys are amazing.

After a few years here now, I do not know why I am still surprised. I shouldn't be...But I am.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:23:40 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Karma's a bitch....
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:31:38 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
She was innocent in this war.

No, she wasn't .
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:37:33 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
You guys are amazing.

After a few years here now, I do not know why I am still surprised. I shouldn't be...But I am.

Hee-hee hee we are the baddest of the bad now are'nt we????
You gotta admit she was one of those "bleeding hearts" that ends of getting bitten by the so-called victim she was trying to help.
You think it's bad now? I made a slight statement of praise of Rachael Corrie on this site saying to stand in front of a huge tractor was at Least brave not cowardly, and i got chewed alive
they said things like "st. pancake" and they had this funny pic of a lego tractor that said "G.I. Jew" that was running over another lego figure. The people here are merciless and relentless...................that's why i like it so much
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:38:30 AM EDT
[#28]
I would love to see some proof you guys have of her collaborating with our enemies or people who are against this war on terror. Post her work. I would love to see it. Change my mind.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:39:16 AM EDT
[#29]
I must intervene to point out that standing in front of a big tractor wasn't brave. It was stupid.

Now calling on Arafat to abandon his terrorist practices while actually in palestinian territory...THAT would have been brave.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:39:29 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You guys are amazing.

Hee-hee hee we are the baddest of the bad now are'nt we????
You gotta admit she was one of those "bleeding hearts" that ends of getting bitten by the so-called victim she was trying to help.
You think it's bad now? I made a slight statement of praise of Rachael Corrie on this site saying to stand in front of a huge tractor was at Least brave not cowardly, and i got chewed alive
they said things like "st. pancake" and they had this funny pic of a lego tractor that said "G.I. Jew" that was running over another lego figure. The people here are merciless and relentless...................that's why i like it so much

Like the wind
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:40:21 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I must intervene to point out that standing in front of a big tractor wasn't brave. It was stupid.

Now calling on Arafat to abandon his terrorist practices while actually in palestinian territory...THAT would have been brave.

Like the VC's standing in the patch of a F4 with an AK while napalm is inbound.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:43:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Personally, I would like ALL the journalists to leave that area. They don't belong there. I don't need their "reports." Get them back here, let the men and women of the armed forces DO THEIR JOB and have the consultants from the military phone in the info we NEED to know to the news stations. Ya know, if the dogs of war are allowed to do their job without being leashed to the media, we may have had a different outcome in Vietnam and this war may have already ended.
Sorry, it's just how I feel. If you are not trained in the theater of war, GTFO: you're nothing but a liability!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:48:28 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pretty much, yes. Just like that.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:51:12 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
(cough cough) Patty Hearst (cough)

+1
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:52:50 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Seen that first hand... yep, pretty stupid.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:00:09 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Personally, I would like ALL the journalists to leave that area. They don't belong there. I don't need their "reports." Get them back here, let the men and women of the armed forces DO THEIR JOB and have the consultants from the military phone in the info we NEED to know to the news stations. Ya know, if the dogs of war are allowed to do their job without being leashed to the media, we may have had a different outcome in Vietnam and this war may have already ended.
Sorry, it's just how I feel. If you are not trained in the theater of war, GTFO: you're nothing but a liability!

that's a brilliant idea.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:04:32 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:17:30 AM EDT
[#38]
Probably getting molested and loving it, right now.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:21:38 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I would have to disagree. The American people should know whats being done in our names overseas. Having the news spoonfed to us will NOT get us an accurate picture of whats happening elsewhere.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:50:27 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
She was innocent in this war.

No, she wasn't .

How do you figure?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:53:12 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would have to disagree. The American people should know whats being done in our names overseas. Having the news spoonfed to us will NOT get us an accurate picture of whats happening elsewhere.

You think what you'regetting NOW is accurate???
I don't.
And I KNOW that this interference is costing us both in PR (war is a PR event, like it or not) and in morale of our men and women in uniform.

Price is too high for the shitty reports we get, IMHO
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:55:43 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I don't.
And I KNOW that this interference is costing us both in PR (war is a PR event, like it or not) and in morale of our men and women in uniform.

While it may be slanted, it beats being spoon-fed military propoganda. It also leaves open the possibility of accurate reporting, along with the inaccurate stuff.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:56:38 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't.

+1.  The press is not interested in accurate and truthful reporting.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:56:57 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
While it may be slanted, it beats being spoon-fed military propoganda. It also leaves open the possibility of accurate reporting, along with the inaccurate stuff.

Our soldiers are a FAR more accurate source of information than the jackasses in the media.

That isn't "military propoganda".

That's just the truth.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:59:47 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't.

Actually, it doesn't.  
The press is not at all interested in accurate reporting.

It's all about agenda, and, they will do anything
possible to slant the public agaianst any policy
that has an (R) in front of it.

Reporters are not freinds of the truth, merely thier
conception of the truth.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:03:32 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't.

There is no "may be" here, hun. And there was none during Vietnam.
It makes my blood BOIL when I think of all the bullshit anti-American propaganda our own media spoon feeds us. And in so doing, ruining the morale of our men and women in uniform who are doing the best they can in  a shithole of a place far from those they are fighting for...those who would paint them in a less favorable light with every opportunity.
My opinion, if you're a journalist who likes breathing, don't go places where being an AMERICAN can assure you of someone wanting to stop you from doing so.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:14:12 AM EDT
[#47]
(Quote)I would have to disagree. The American people should know whats being done in our names overseas. Having the news spoonfed to us will NOT get us an accurate picture of whats happening elsewhere.(Quote)

I think in many cases these "reporters" go over with a agenda , (i.e they look for a story that "works" for them , and those they work for) , their is alot of resentment from those in uniform towards these "fifth colum" "reporters" , and IMO providing security for them is a waste of military resources.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:15:15 AM EDT
[#48]
delete
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:42:17 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
(Quote)I would have to disagree. The American people should know whats being done in our names overseas. Having the news spoonfed to us will NOT get us an accurate picture of whats happening elsewhere.(Quote)

I think in many cases these "reporters" go over with a agenda , (i.e they look for a story that "works" for them , and those they work for) , their is alot of resentment from those in uniform towards these "fifth colum" "reporters" , and IMO providing security for them is a waste of military resources.

the reporters go over there for their careers.  They are not doing it  for any higher ideals.  It puts them on the fast track and gives them the right to wear a stupid tan vest.  I do not see why the military has any obligation to provide security or risk soldiers lives in a rescue of captured reporters when they have willingly gone over there to further their careers.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:58:50 AM EDT
[#50]
the idea that all journalists should be excluded is patently absurd

that would include conservative as well as liberal reporters

if have no doubt that the soldiers are a good source of info.

I have serious doubts about the Pentagon's ability to report the truth in all conflicts all of the time.

A wide variety of sources makes for accurate news
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top