Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2011 2:39:50 PM EDT
So we've had a 2010 Toyota Corolla for 1 week exactly and my wife backed into the neighbors van this morning. She called me from work to let me know. I'm so mad I can't even put it into words.
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 2:41:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Mistakes happen.  It's just a car.

You should see my wife drive.
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 2:42:22 PM EDT
[#2]
That sucks, but shite happens.

I used to be anal about keeping my vehicles mint, until someone backed into our Civic in a parking lot like 3 months after we bought it.  Then a coyote tore the front apart trying to get at a rabbit under the hood on the top of the engine when we were in Italy.  After all that, my wife let her friends car door catch the wind, and it swung right into our door and left a dent.  

At that point I said fuck it, and told my wife to take care of the car as she'll be driving it a long time.
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 2:44:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Pics of wife, you know the rules
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 2:44:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Was it a show car? If not, no sweat. It still drives, right? And I take it the spousal unit wasn't hurt? All in all a good day.
Have a beer to celebrate your wife coming home unharmed
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 2:44:12 PM EDT
[#5]
your fault... should have keep her in the kitchen.
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 2:46:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Laura had every panel on a Cadillac Deville dented or scratched in like 8 months lol
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 2:48:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I have had one small fender bender..I am 50
Wife....4 wrecks
Son...two wrecks
Daughter...3 wrecks..
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 2:48:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So we've had a 2010 Toyota Corolla for 1 week exactly and my wife backed into the neighbors van this morning. She called me from work to let me know. I'm so mad I can't even put it into words.

It's just a car. RELAX. Life goes on. If you cut her some slack, your life will be better in the end.

Of course you could just yell at her and have her pissed at you for a LONG time (if you so choose).
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 2:48:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Mistakes happen.  It's just a car.

You should see my wife drive.

this.  When we bought our Pilot within the first week, one accident in the parking lot where she ran into the side of truck and then she drove through the garage door backing out......
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 2:49:17 PM EDT
[#10]

by the way...I refuse to drive and talk on cell phone.
I would bet 75 percent of women I see driving to work have a cell phone to their ears..
I always wonder who in the hell they are talking to at 7:30 in the morning..

Link Posted: 9/19/2011 2:49:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's just a car. RELAX. Life goes on. If you cut her some slack, your life will be better in the end.

Of course you could just yell at her and have her pissed at you for a LONG time (if you so choose).

This.

Now, if it was a Ferrari of Lamborghini, I'd be a bit pissed.
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 2:51:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Don't go overboard. She probably already feels like crap. Besides, in the event YOU back into something, you don't want her raining crap down on you.
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 2:56:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Award your wifes great driving with a present.

After she drives this for a few months let her drive the new car once a week. If she doesnt damage the junk car in a year then let her have the new car back. Yes, I'm dead serious. Why let her have nice car if she's going to make it worthless?

Link Posted: 9/19/2011 2:59:09 PM EDT
[#14]
God's way of telling you to get a better car.
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 3:01:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

I traded in my 2007 Black Mustang GT so she could have a reliable car to drive to work with (60 miles round trip a day to work)

Link Posted: 9/19/2011 3:02:00 PM EDT
[#16]
I've been hit in my Subaru five times.  I even loaned it to a guy for a week, and he had a tow truck back into it while HE had it.

The car looks like shit, but on the plus side, I've pocketed at least four thousand towards repairs, since it's paid off.

Link Posted: 9/19/2011 3:09:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

sorry almost forgot. Honeymoon in Vegas 5 yrs ago

Link Posted: 9/19/2011 3:13:19 PM EDT
[#18]
My sister crashed my truck on my birthday and I had to pay to get it fixed.  I knew she felt bad and no one got hurt so it wasn't that big of a deal.  Accidents happen that's what insurance is for.  Just be glad shes ok and its not like you're going to keep that corolla for the rest of your life anyways so don't be too pissed.
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 3:16:50 PM EDT
[#19]
I understand how frustrating stuff like that can be but you just have to remember shit happens. No sense in staying angry. Just fit it and move on.
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 3:18:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

http://i798.photobucket.com/albums/yy264/dillingg/main-junk-car.jpg

After she drives this for a few months let her drive the new car once a week. If she doesnt damage the junk car in a year then let her have the new car back. Yes, I'm dead serious. Why let her have nice car if she's going to make it worthless?

Derp
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 3:21:28 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I understand how frustrating stuff like that can be but you just have to remember shit happens. No sense in staying angry. Just fit it and move on.

This...

Shit happens

Link Posted: 9/19/2011 3:23:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 3:24:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

I traded in my 2007 Black Mustang GT so she could have a reliable car to drive to work with (60 miles round trip a day to work)

Really frustrating stuff, I know. My ex-wife was always doing stuff like that.

But remind yourself, she didn't do it on purpose. Nice that she lets you know, rather than you having to discover it.
[Glass half full thinking]

[If it really gets to you a lot, then seriously consider having two cars, so you can have one to keep in excellent condition, and the other takes the hits]
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 3:25:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Ya buy your wife flowers on the way home, get good sex, and worrie about more importaint things.
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 3:29:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Sadly, that stuff is standard with wives. My wife backed her car into mine for a double one time.
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 3:30:46 PM EDT
[#26]
We need a recent pic and pic of car
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 3:32:28 PM EDT
[#27]
I knew a girl once. She had an IQ in the stratosphere and a full ride PhD starting the next year. We only dated for two months and she was in two car wrecks during that time.
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 3:32:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Reward her with a Chevy Aveo.
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 3:33:07 PM EDT
[#29]
My father had to replace the mailbox 6 times (so far) from my elderly Mother backing out of the driveway. I have fixed it twice myself so she didn't get hollered at by the old man. Women hit things. Just a fact of life !

Our job is to fix what they fucked up...
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 3:48:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 3:52:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Ditch the corolla and get a Yugo for the wife.
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 3:55:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

http://i798.photobucket.com/albums/yy264/dillingg/main-junk-car.jpg

How could you tell?

ETA: My strategy for dealing with stuff like this was to buy my wife a barely used car that already had a big dent in the door. She couldn't care less since she's not a shallow bitch, I don't have to worry about her dinging up a pristine car, and it saved me $500 off the price of the car. Win-win-win.
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 4:00:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Woman driver, not sure why you'd be surprised.

They can pull out whatever statistics they want to try to disprove it, but we all know they can't drive for shit.

A female 40ish Asian driver turned the wrong way on a one way street and head-on hit me, fortunately we had a combined speed of maybe 3 mph when we actually ended up hitting.
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 4:08:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Buy your cars pre scratched and dented. You don't notice the new ones and you save thousands.
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 4:23:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Woman driver, not sure why you'd be surprised.

They can pull out whatever statistics they want to try to disprove it, but we all know they can't drive for shit.

A female 40ish Asian driver turned the wrong way on a one way street and head-on hit me, fortunately we had a combined speed of maybe 3 mph when we actually ended up hitting.

DWA != all women drivers. That's a special brand of insanity/incompetence.

Link Posted: 9/19/2011 6:07:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

sorry almost forgot. Honeymoon in Vegas 5 yrs ago
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg307/h3yjer/1-1.jpg

You win,car doesn't matter. Cute wife

Link Posted: 9/19/2011 6:10:26 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Why get mad?  You should be happy your wife is functioning properly.

Link Posted: 9/19/2011 6:13:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
At that point I said fuck it, and told my wife to take care of the car as she'll be driving it a long time.

Smart move.

Every time she complains about driving an old, beat-up car, you can point to one of the dents and say, "This is why you can't have nice things..."
Link Posted: 9/20/2011 9:55:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Hope you weren't too hard on her.  

My wife backed up into my car last year when I first got it.  I was pissed but managed to keep my cool and told her not to worry about it and that I would take care of it.  She started bawling and I ended up consoling her for hitting my car.
Link Posted: 9/20/2011 10:15:54 PM EDT
[#40]
My wife is actually a very good driver. Had one accident 12 years ago (hadn't been driving long), and not so much as a ticket since.
Link Posted: 9/20/2011 10:30:24 PM EDT
[#41]
an ex-gf tore apart her dad's truck in a year flat after he gave it to her.

my mom always tell's my brother and i that we aren't safe drivers.  we both have minimal tickets, no accidents.  she backed my dad's truck into my mustang..., and then she backed it up into my brother's mustang maybe a week later.

i've begun noticing a pattern
Link Posted: 9/20/2011 10:45:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Meh, shit happens. Now if she was getting rear-ended by the neighbor, you'd have every right to be pissed!

Link Posted: 10/3/2011 8:24:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
My wife is actually a very good driver. Had one accident 12 years ago (hadn't been driving long), and not so much as a ticket since.

that you know of...
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 8:26:44 AM EDT
[#44]
Female drivers, no survivors.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 8:27:39 AM EDT
[#45]
Do not beat her savagely.  Handle this shit like a gentleman.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top