Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2005 4:49:14 AM EDT
He was told yesterday at noon that he was being let go.  Within an hour he set up 5 interviews.  On his way out the door another company called and said that they wanted to meet with him that night.  He meets the recruiter for dinner following dinner the recruiter tells him he is hired, dad says that he needs to think about it.  The recruiter said "Would a $40,000 signing bonus help make your decision quicker?"  Looks like new job for dad.  Total time unemployed-6hrs.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:58:10 AM EDT
[#1]
To his former employer, here's mud in your eye.    
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:04:55 AM EDT
[#2]
What does he do, and how do I get into that business?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:10:48 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Stock broker.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:11:05 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:11:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Congrats, good job.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:41:44 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Stock broker.

Of course, what better job than one where you get to play with someone elses money, and get paid too.  If he's that under appriciated at work, why didn't he leave earliar, or did it go under?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:59:18 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Of course, what better job than one where you get to play with someone elses money, and get paid too.  

Godspeed, you brave class warrior! I salute
you!

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:00:27 AM EDT
[#8]
He got that much based on his book of business.  The new company is looking at how many defectors will follow his dad.  
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:01:09 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
He was told yesterday at noon that he was being let go.  Within an hour he set up 5 interviews.  On his way out the door another company called and said that they wanted to meet with him that night.  He meets the recruiter for dinner following dinner the recruiter tells him he is hired, dad says that he needs to think about it.  The recruiter said "Would a $40,000 signing bonus help make your decision quicker?"  Looks like new job for dad.  Total time unemployed-6hrs.

did he file for unemployment?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top