Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2004 8:39:51 PM EDT
Is there anyone who has a list of the places he posted at?

I bet he was a regular at DU...
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:41:36 PM EDT
[#1]
RebelGrey
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:41:51 PM EDT
[#2]
IBTL!!!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:42:09 PM EDT
[#3]
RebelGray

You are talking about the reservist that tried to sell secerts to terrorist?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:45:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
IBTL!!!

Why?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:46:50 PM EDT
[#5]
yeah.  How do you guys know he was Ryan Anderson... did the mods let everyone know after the scumbag got arrested?  did Malkin mention arfcom specifically or something?

excuse the ignorant questions. bear in mind when I registered on this site.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:48:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I cant remember how we found out. I never heard Arfcom mentioned in the news though.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:48:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
yeah.  How do you guys know he was Ryan Anderson... did the mods let everyone know after the scumbag got arrested?  did Malkin mention arfcom specifically or something?

excuse the ignorant questions. bear in mind when I registered on this site.

Why?

edit... I can't remember how we found out.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:49:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I cant remember how we found out. I never heard Arfcom mentioned in the news though.

That was probaly a very good thing.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:50:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
IBTL!!!

Why?

post whore, thats why.

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:51:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pop on over to the WA hometown tonight, R-32 posted some nasty things about a gal with a local radio station and they read it over the air.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:53:39 PM EDT
[#11]
He was a misfit here too.  I dont think you can blame the arfkom environment for anything about Anderson.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:54:13 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pop on over to the WA hometown tonight, R-32 posted some nasty things about a gal with a local radio station and they read it over the air.

I heard about that, a few people were talking about in it chat.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:54:29 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
He was a misfit here too.  I dont think you can blame the arfkom environment for anything about Anderson.

Definitely not.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:55:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Mr Fed.
CH
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:55:45 PM EDT
[#15]
IIRC, he was pretty upfront (read that as "in your face") about his attitudes, and then suddenly dropped off the board.  Shortly thereafter news of his arrest was made public, and when you looked at what he was arrested for and the things he posted, it was very easy to add 2 + 2 and actually get 4.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:57:35 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
IBTL!!!

Why?

post whore, thats why.

AM NOT!!!!!!!

No, just in light of the "PC'ing" of ARFCOM and all, I guessed this thread would elict the "best" of my friends here...

Hence my post...  
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:03:39 PM EDT
[#17]
anybody with a member account wanna do a search on any of his topics?  I don't have an account and I'm not about to search 187 pages of general discussion on a 26.4 dialup connection.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:07:20 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
IIRC, he was pretty upfront (read that as "in your face") about his attitudes, and then suddenly dropped off the board.  Shortly thereafter news of his arrest was made public, and when you looked at what he was arrested for and the things he posted, it was very easy to add 2 + 2 and actually get 4.

I remember reading that he said he was going to Iraq to fit in his Jihad against the infadels (which he said were the insurgents )
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:08:28 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
anybody with a member account wanna do a search on any of his topics?  I don't have an account and I'm not about to search 187 pages of general discussion on a 26.4 dialup connection.

Too long ago..
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:11:58 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I tried, nothing of value has been active in the last three months.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:14:39 PM EDT
[#21]
I hope its not gone forever.  hopefully GB or someone has this stuff recorded somewhere. considering how big this place is and how many people post here, theres bound to be some significant stuff said at some point.  It'd be nice to have a record of it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:15:47 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I hope its not gone forever.  hopefully GB or someone has this stuff recorded somewhere. considering how big this place is and how many people post here, theres bound to be some significant stuff said at some point.  It'd be nice to have a record of it.

I believe he is archiving topics, but that they are currently unavailable for search.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:18:08 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I hope its not gone forever....  
                                       It'd be nice to have a record of it.

I'm pretty sure the Feds have copies of it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:19:52 PM EDT
[#24]
It's funny, I remember some thread from a long time ago, where the whole 'muslim' thing came up.  RebelGray made some comment about being a muslim, and he'd be torn about what side to support in a conflict...  I remember very pointedly telling him he'd better choose a side, and choose wisely.

Looks like he chose poorly.   Fuck him, traitor.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:19:57 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm gonna start wrapping tinfoil around my phone lines...
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:27:27 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I hope its not gone forever....  
                                       It'd be nice to have a record of it.

I'm pretty sure the Feds have copies of it.

I had that thought also.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:27:55 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I need to do that too, but only because a bunch of fucking squirrels (or something) are chewing holes in my lines! Whenever it starts to rain, it's really difficult to maintain an internet connection. Friggin rodents!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:37:27 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I need to do that too, but only because a bunch of fucking squirrels (or something) are chewing holes in my lines! Whenever it starts to rain, it's really difficult to maintain an internet connection. Friggin rodents!

Mix a shitload of cayenne pepper powder into some vaseline and smear that nasty shit all over the wires   methinks they wont bite more than once or so
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:47:23 PM EDT
[#29]
better yet, string some lines all over your yard from tree to tree.

then wait, with shotgun in lap ever so quietly.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:01:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Ryan Anderson posted as "rebelgray"  and "guardtanker".

He posted a lot of stuff about him being in the guard at Fort Lewis, WA.

He posted (at least one time) stuff about the M1 tank that should have not been posted on a public board.

At least one Washington State poster knew of him at the Guard.

He posted his unit and his date of departure to Iraq.

He also posted at a few other forum boards under his real name and other assumed names.

It wasen't hard to put two and to together when the news first broke here in Washington State.

National Guard memeber.
Lived in Lynwood, WA.
M1 Abrams tank crew member.
Likes guns.
Muslim convert.
Graduate of WSU.
Ryan Anderson.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top