Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2006 6:29:09 AM EDT
Any thoughts?

Do not need it for light passage, back door is a window as well.

Do not want visibility reduced, our 2 year old likes to play in the back yard.  We like to keep an eye on her.

want the door to let fresh air in, an keep the "indoor" cats in.

Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:17:48 AM EDT
[#1]
If I live in a house instead of this apartment, I would have a screen door front and back. And the main doors would be open all the time. I love having the fresh air through the house.

But I live in rural Colorado where the biggest threat to my peace and quiet are the J. Witness's and Mormons. Only you can judge if it's safe to do so in your area.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 11:54:05 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If I live in a house instead of this apartment, I would have a screen door front and back. And the main doors would be open all the time. I love having the fresh air through the house.

But I live in rural Colorado where the biggest threat to my peace and quiet are the J. Witness's and Mormons. Only you can judge if it's safe to do so in your area.

Ya I hear you.

Being that we are Mormon, I only feel threated by the JW's.

Link Posted: 10/29/2006 12:04:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I put in the storm door with a top half window that pulls down and is replaced by screen as it pulls down.

Taking a window insert out and putting a screen insert in as seasons change is a pain.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 12:49:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Go for it.  Be a fucking rebel!!!
Just kidding.  I would do it.  Moths and stuff will come in otherwise.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 12:56:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I am a big fan of security screen doors.  They won't stop little bitty flying critters, but, with a deadbolt lock, they will keep kids and cats inside, and badguys outside.  I have even installed them on apartmenst I have rented, and left them when I moved.  Door and lock, installed by myself, only costs $100 or so, cheap at the price for the improved security.  With one of those you can leave the inside door open at night during warm weather for the fresh air, without worrying about someone coming in...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top