Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/27/2014 2:09:04 PM EDT
Rough thanksgiving so far , stayed up till 230 this morning  getting stuff ready . 418 this morning my son falls going to the bathroom ( he is 16 with disablities related to multiple brain tumors) so help him up and make sure he is ok . Get back to bed and at 510 the phone rings my father inlaw has fell and cant get up he is 72 and suffers from Alzheimers  . I get dressed and walk through the woods to my inlaws in the rain to find him on the floor under their kitchen bar half covered in shit with his depends down around his knees . He weighs 250 pounds or better and on a bad day he has a hard time understanding basic commands on top of that I just found out I have 2 bilateral intergroinal hernias so Im on a 20 pound weight restriction . Well I try to help him get up for 20 minutes and finally say fuck it and just dead lift him off the floor and into his chair I look down as Im lifting him to see he is actually holding his legs strait out so no fucking helping at all . The good thing was I didnt blow out my hernias any worst but so how sprang my wrist in the process . I walk back home just in time to catch the alarm going off so been busy since then getting things ready .I cant wait to overeat and take a nap .
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:10:16 PM EDT
[#1]

Start drinking......NOW!
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:11:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn thats rough Hope you have a better rest of your holiday
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:13:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn, good luck.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:13:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Start drinking......NOW!
View Quote

This.  Given your circumstances, I would recommend vodka and Red Bull or whiskey and coffee.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:15:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn, that's a load of perspective right there.
I just have to go over to the inlaws for dinner.
Hope things get better today.
Oh, and the drinking thing.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:16:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Prob a better thread for Team.

Praying for your day bro. I'll second the drinking thing, although I would've started much earlier
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:17:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Start drinking......NOW!
View Quote

This would help and your troubles will slowly fade away.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:31:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah Im not much of a drinker , I think I might have enough in the cabinet for a coffee cup full of woodford reserve and maybe another of makers mark .... which would be more than enough . But I cant start yet , our 25 year old refrigerator is going out so we bought a new one yesterday on a black friday sale but on the phone well when we went up there to pay for it they did have one instock but we drove the car so now I got to go back today and pick it up at 7 so no drinking untill then .
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:36:33 PM EDT
[#9]
That qualifies as a bad start to a day, no doubt. Hope the rest goes better...
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:38:33 PM EDT
[#10]
It can only get better from here..... atleast keep telling yourself that.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:42:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Pick a fight with the wife while you are at it man!!

I've spent the last two days at a hospital with my old man getting his carotid arteries cleaned out and ready for bypass surgery.  I will be in the God forsaken hospital for all of next week.  But still very blessed none the less, my old man is a ticking time bomb, if he makes it out without surgical complications it will be time to buy a lottery ticket!~
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:45:57 PM EDT
[#12]
I respect you for muscling through it all.
Give thanks to the Lord for carrying your burdens.
You're tough.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:49:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I respect you for muscling through it all.
Give thanks to the Lord for carrying your burdens.
You're tough.
View Quote

Yup!
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:08:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Hope it gets better for you and your family.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:21:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
That qualifies as a bad start to a day, no doubt. Hope the rest goes better...
View Quote

No shit. Crack open a beer, OP.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:29:51 PM EDT
[#16]
i was trying to help a guy get into a truck yesterday at the hospital, hes a big guy and not much help,got my own problems but i was trying to help push while he was pulling,it was a rough go,along comes a lady that says we need a gates belt,supposed to help with something to get ahold of,leverage,  hope things slow down for you,take a nickle before the bells and whistles.Happy Thanksgiving.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:43:01 PM EDT
[#17]
A stomach bug has ravaged Chateau Ironhand this week, starting with my daughters and grandson. They drove up from Texas on Monday and may have picked it up enroute, but they were very sick Tuesday and Wednesday. My youngest son fell ill yesterday as the girls started to improve, and it hit me and Mrs. IHJ last night. I went from sitting in front of my computer to heaving my guts out in the space of five minutes or so, that's how fast it hit us all. We had to warn off everyone who was going to come over via Facebook, and I had the idea of painting a big red 'X' on the front door, too. This is the worst stomach bug I've had since I was a kid. I can count on my hands the number of times I've vomited as an adult, and I quickly surpassed that number just last night and today. Red Powerade diluted with water is the only thing I've consumed since last night, even as the turkey roasts in the kitchen and fills up the house with delicious aromas.

Damn..

At least the kids are all feeling a lot better, especially our little Munchkin grandson. One year old and a speed demon that crawls, he and I have had lots of fun climbing UP the stairs, and then sliding DOWN on our butts. Actually he sat in my lap and I slid down the stairs.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:05:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Here is to it getting better!
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:58:31 PM EDT
[#19]
You're a good man OP! May god be with you and your family. 72 is to young to have those problems....I'm so sorry!
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:03:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Good man OP!  

Hang in there and continue to be grateful.  We had a horrible stomach bug go through our family.  We were not able to go home for Thanksgiving this year.  Then I had to burn my PTO for this illness and then my work called threatening to withhold my pay unless I could prove I was sick.  (assholes)  I couldn't make it to the doctor because I couldn't get away from the bathroom long enough.  Then our infant son got sick again with the flu and ran a dangerously high temp and had to go to the ER.  I may not be able to see family at Christmas because I may not have enough vacation anymore.

As I sat down last night, I tried to be grateful for the things that we do have, like a warm house and a meal, I popped on FB and found out my wife's nearby cousin was hit by a furniture truck and was almost turned into a human pancake.

I thanked God everyone was OK and went to bed.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top