BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2008 6:15:13 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 6:15:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 6:21:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I have good news. Ammo is as cheap right now as you are  ever going to see it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 6:23:13 AM EDT
[#3]
friday
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 6:23:57 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I highly doubt this will hold true
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 6:24:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 6:26:29 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Unlikely:

Prices have gone up and down before.  They will again. I doubt we will see the prices of 4 years ago, but they will fluctuate as supply changes.

Is there a problem with the supply? I see a variety of ammunition available at the usual places.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 6:28:04 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

+eleventy one

If the Dems win and we pull out of the Middle East, producers are going to have a shitload on hand. Unfortunately we won't be able to buy any.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 6:28:38 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Unlikely:

Prices have gone up and down before.  They will again. I doubt we will see the prices of 4 years ago, but they will fluctuate as supply changes.

I disconcur (hey, I like that), I suspect the profit margins on ammo are about to rise.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 6:28:57 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Unlikely:

Is there a problem with the supply? I see a variety of ammunition available at the usual places.

When was the last time you saw any XM193 or Q3131 in any quantity. The problem with the supply is manufactureres are making ammo for the military, which is fine by me.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 6:32:43 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Unlikely:

When was the last time you saw any XM193 or Q3131 in any quantity. The problem with the supply is manufactureres are making ammo for the military, which is fine by me.

Less than 1 minute searching;

www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Prvi_Partisan_.223.html

You were saying...
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 6:42:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Stop buying retail.

I am picking up 1500 rounds of Wolf 7.62x39 tomorrow for a whopping $100

In tough times you just gotta be resourceful. Of course all of the ammo retailers are jacking the prices up if the buyers will pay it. Find non ammo retailers to buy from
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 6:43:38 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Unlikely:

Less than 1 minute searching;

www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Prvi_Partisan_.223.html

You were saying...

Yes, I was saying (and I quote) "When was the last time you saw any XM193 or Q3131?". That refers to American made new good quality ammo, not imported former com-bloc questionable stuff. Are you saying that the war has no effect on ammo prices?   Even good imported surplus military ammo has dried up. THat stuff you're referring to is comparable to Wolf, maybe.

ETA: Many of us here saw all this coming as early as 2002 and began stocking up, knowing what effect the WAR would have on the ammo supply.  Guess we were pretty stupid, eh?
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 6:44:30 AM EDT
[#13]
RELOAD!
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 6:47:53 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+eleventy one

If the Dems win and we pull out of the Middle East, producers are going to have a shitload on hand. Unfortunately we won't be able to buy any.

Yup.  Hillary or Obama will pay to have the ammo de-milled rather than sell it back to the mere citizens who originally paid for it as surplus.  The first Clinton started that IIRC.

-K
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 6:51:49 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+eleventy one

Yup.  Hillary or Obama will pay to have the ammo de-milled rather than sell it back to the mere citizens who originally paid for it as surplus.  The first Clinton started that IIRC.

-K

At least some of the old sources (Federal, Winchester) will have spare capacity again, which should help the supply quite a bit, thus bringing prices down. Maybe not to where they were before but way cheaper than now. That said, VOTE REPUBLICAN!
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 6:56:17 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
ETA: Many of us here saw all this coming as early as 2002 and began stocking up, knowing what effect the WAR would have on the ammo supply.  Guess we were pretty stupid, eh?

I hope you kept your powder dry 6 years later
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 6:57:09 AM EDT
[#17]
I can't believe that you are serious in asking the question!

Now that you believe that metal prices are down, permanently, when are car prices coming down, tool prices at Orchard Supply, airplane prices.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 6:59:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 7:00:20 AM EDT
[#19]
When the wars are over.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 7:02:08 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep. I'm down to just a little over 20k rounds of .223 though so I'm a little worried...
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 8:07:35 AM EDT
[#21]
1) US recession will KILL the economy in China due to their reliance on exports to this country.

2) Recession (depression?) in China will reduce the demand for copper and lead (the are the worlds largest importer of these items)

3) Costs of materials required to produce ammunition will plummet.  Combined with a recession in the US and the reduced spending power of the US ammo consumer, ammo prices will fall considerably.

I find it odd all of the folks who predict US recession also predict ammo prices will never fall.  I think they just have a 'doomsday" bias on ALL their beliefs

Link Posted: 1/23/2008 8:36:41 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep. I'm down to just a little over 20k rounds of .223 though so I'm a little worried...

And here I am struggling to build a 3,000 round cache of 223. Only have 1,000 more rounds to purchase before I reach that small number of 223 rounds. And no I didn't buy in 2002 as I didn't get into shooting till about 2 years ago and didn't find this site till July 2006. So there never was cheap 223 ammo for this grandmother as the AR didn't show up till some months ago. So I am simply SOL when it comes to having affordable 223 to shoot.

I am going to reach into my stockpile as I will be taking 2 media people shooting for their first time.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 9:17:55 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And here I am struggling to build a 3,000 round cache of 223. Only have 1,000 more rounds to purchase before I reach that small number of 223 rounds. And no I didn't buy in 2002 as I didn't get into shooting till about 2 years ago and didn't find this site till July 2006. So there never was cheap 223 ammo for this grandmother as the AR didn't show up till some months ago. So I am simply SOL when it comes to having affordable 223 to shoot.

I am going to reach into my stockpile as I will be taking 2 media people shooting for their first time.

Understood and good on you for promoting shooting! I do stand by my assertion that prices will come back down. They were high in the old days and they are high now. It fluctuates based on many factors, but for military ammo the war is the biggest influence IMHO. I've been shooting all my life and shooting AR's since the late 1970's, so yeah, being there to take advantage of opportunity helps. Still, those of us that stocked up knew to do it and acted on it because we had seen high prices in the past.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 9:24:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Never,plain and simple.

Those that Balked at those who aquired are Paying Dearly now,,,, and it's gonna get worse

Just the Facts
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top