Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2006 11:06:44 PM EDT
About 5 months ago I bought a stereo headset for $30 for my cordless telephone. I also bought the extended warranty on it for $6 (I know they wear out easily with as much use as I put them to). It had some bad feedback in my phone so I returned it and bought a different one for $22.00. I had the warranty refunded from the old one and credited to a new warranty for my new headset.

Fast forward to this past Saturday. Lately the headset has developed a short in it and is ready for replacement, only I couldn't remember if I got the warranty again when I exchanged headsets. I head to a different store and stop in and have them look up my receipt after explaining the situation that I needed to know whether or not I had the warranty so I could exchange my headset. One of the sales people look it up with the manager helping him. The fucking punk short ass manager tells me that I didn't purchase the warranty on the other headset meaning I'd have to buy a new one out of pocket. I take his word for the truth, but decide to wait. Tonight I find my receipt while looking for a different one and it turns out the fucker lied to me because I did in fact buy a warranty.

This fuck had the nerve to deny me an exchange so his store wouldn't take a loss on the headset and steal my money since it would hurt his "numbers." I know how it works since I am a former employee of a different store. I am fucking pissed even if it was only $30 worth of merchandise. I plan on going in there tomorrow and giving him a piece of my mind and then calling up the corporate office and filing a complaint. When I used to work at RadioShack, I saw this guy around a few times at meetings and when he'd come by to pick up an out of stock item for his store. He was always self centered and self absorbed and always on his damn cell phone and would ignore other people. I want to make his life a hell for outright lieing to me and trying to steal from me.

Any other suggestions?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:10:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure I follow exactly, but if you came in my store and wanted a warranty exchange on something that you didn't originally buy from my store, and didn't have a receipt on hand for, I wouldn't have honored it either.

This in no way excuses any attitude or shitty personality on his part, though.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:12:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
snip
Any other suggestions?

Yeah - take a chill pill. There are certain things to get worked up over, and this ain't one of 'em. Try saying everything with a smile on your face tomorrow, and you will get a lot farther than if you work up the head of steam you got going right now.

Try and remember the reason why you left Radio Shack - likely, it was the $7/hr plus an impossible commission goal. Think about how lucky you are and how tough he's got it - after all, he works for one of the most out-moded retailers in the world, and you don't.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:13:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'm not sure I follow exactly, but if you came in my store and wanted a warranty exchange on something that you didn't originally buy from my store, and didn't have a receipt on hand for, I wouldn't have honored it either.

This in no way excuses any attitude or shitty personality on his part, though.

It doesn't matter. The specifically store the record in the computer with your information and record of purchase. All you have to do is give them the information you gave them for your warranty (name/address/zip). You aren't required to keep the receipt and it is honored nationwide.

He didn't tell me to go to another store, which I wouldn't have done anyway since I know he has to take care of it. He lied to me and told me I did not purchase it, which means I'd have to eat the money on the headset.

Quoted:

Quoted:
snip
Any other suggestions?

Yeah - take a chill pill. There are certain things to get worked up over, and this ain't one of 'em. Try saying everything with a smile on your face tomorrow, and you will get a lot farther than if you work up the head of steam you got going right now.

Try and remember the reason why you left Radio Shack - likely, it was the $7/hr plus an impossible commission goal. Think about how lucky you are and how tough he's got it - after all, he works for one of the most out-moded retailers in the world, and you don't.

I look at it as stealing my time and money pure and simple. And I hate thieves. Even if they had replaced the headset they'd have still been ahead by $3 since they only pay $3 for the headsets. The fact of the matter is that he outright lied through his teeth to me and tried to screw me out of my $30 so he wouldn't have a measely $3.00 loss for the day.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:13:32 PM EDT
[#4]
When you make it known that you caught him in a lie, make sure there are plenty of customers within earshot.

edited to clarify
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:16:19 PM EDT
[#5]
You did not go back and draw down?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:17:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

It's a RadioShack, not a car wash!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:25:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a RadioShack, not a car wash!

Does he drive a soft top Jeep?

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:37:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Reminds me of a clerk at a Sporting Goods shop who told me that Kahr doesn't make a black PM9.  Probably figured I would settle for the shiny stainless ones they had in stock.  Hell, I even told him they make one.  Referred to teh website.  Little fuck (and he was a little short guy too) looked me straight in the eye and told me he checked the website recently and that they don't make one.  First thing I did when I went home ws check the website.  Sure as shit.  There it is.  PM9094, I think.  Bullshit me on a $600 purchase?  Fuckstick.

And I'm spent...
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:41:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Radio Crap, what do you expect.

Those idiots ask me for my telephone number every time I go in there. For 30 years, I've been saying "555-5555"

BevMo pulls similar BS. You buy a sixer of beer and they want your zip code. I just say NYOB.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:40:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Call corporate HQ.  Had a similar problem with eyeglass frames.  Lifetime warranty on replacement.  Manager says that after a year "what do you expect".  Manager made sure to tell me that it was an unusual set of circumstances when she handed me the new glasses.  It's called priciple.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:04:18 AM EDT
[#11]
I need a couple 12-inch woofers for my home system.

I went to Radio Shack and the chick in there tells me "I don't carry them."

They had stacks of 4 ohm speakers for car systems in there.

I thought "WTF?"  She didn't say, "They're not in stock but I can order them."  Just, "I don't carry them" and she walked away.

What ever happened to customer service?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:09:10 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
About 5 months ago I bought a stereo headset for $30 for my cordless telephone. I also bought the extended warranty on it for $6 (I know they wear out easily with as much use as I put them to). It had some bad feedback in my phone so I returned it and bought a different one for $22.00. I had the warranty refunded from the old one and credited to a new warranty for my new headset.

Fast forward to this past Saturday. Lately the headset has developed a short in it and is ready for replacement, only I couldn't remember if I got the warranty again when I exchanged headsets. I head to a different store and stop in and have them look up my receipt after explaining the situation that I needed to know whether or not I had the warranty so I could exchange my headset. One of the sales people look it up with the manager helping him. The fucking punk short ass manager tells me that I didn't purchase the warranty on the other headset meaning I'd have to buy a new one out of pocket. I take his word for the truth, but decide to wait. Tonight I find my receipt while looking for a different one and I turns out the fucker lied to me because I did in fact buy a warranty.

This fuck had the nerve to deny me an exchange so his store wouldn't take a loss on the headset and steal my money since it would hurt his "numbers." I know how it works since I am a former employee of a different store. I am fucking pissed even if it was only $30 worth of merchandise. I plan on going in there tomorrow and giving him a piece of my mind and then calling up the corporate office and filing a complaint. When I used to work at RadioShack, I saw this guy around a few times at meetings and when he'd come by to pick up an out of stock item for his store. He was always self centered and self absorbed and always on his damn cell phone and would ignore other people. I want to make his life a hell for outright lieing to me and trying to steal from me.

Any other suggestions?

WHY IN THE FUCK ARE YOU SHOPPING AT RADIOSHACK!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry for yelling.

Joke of a fucking retailer, they peddle shit. And gang rape you to buy a fucking cell phone when you walk in .

ETA: I dont like Radioshack.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:18:46 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
WHY IN THE FUCK ARE YOU SHOPPING AT RADIOSHACK!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry for yelling.

Joke of a fucking retailer, they peddle shit. And gang rape you to buy a fucking cell phone when you walk in .

ETA: I dont like Radioshack.

Can I get you anything else today? Any batteries or anything? Want a free phone? Ah, COME ON IT'S A FREE PHONE! HOW CAN YOU ARGUE WITH FREE? All you have to do is sign away your soul for two years to one of our select cell phone companies and you get this FREE phone!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:21:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Did you make him cry, you should make him cry and wet himself
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:21:19 AM EDT
[#15]
---I rather agree: Radio Shack is really a "store of last resort".

The stuff that the salespeople push is usually low quality, and everything that they have you can find cheaper elsewhere (especially if you shop online, and doubly for popular cellphone or computer accessories).
~

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:23:19 AM EDT
[#16]
I brought in a broken $330 ham radio to a Radio Shack in San Diego a few years ago.  Had the extended warranty receipt in hand when I dropped it off.

The next week I get a call to come and pick up my "repaired" radio.  My cousin, who is a rather bold individual, comes with me.  The manager hands me a bill for a hundred dollars worth of repairs .

To say that I was extremely irate is an understatement.  To make matters worse, the store took my warranty receipt when I dropped off the radio.  That SOB was holding my radio, along with my proof of an extended warranty, hostage until I paid him a hundred bucks.

The store was empty of other customers.  My cousin and I made it abundantly clear that we were going to beat his ass and toss the store if he didn't hand over my radio RIGHT NOW!.

Not being a total idiot, I guess, he hands over my radio.  We leave.

Bring the thing home, and THEY DIDN'T DO A SINGLE THING TO FIX IT!  It was still broken.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:24:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Pistol whip.

Drawdown.

Post results.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:27:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Isn't this the same place where the CEO lied about his edbucation
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:30:11 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Radio Crap, what do you expect.

Those idiots ask me for my telephone number every time I go in there. For 30 years, I've been saying "555-5555"

BevMo pulls similar BS. You buy a sixer of beer and they want your zip code. I just say NYOB.

At least BevMo has a little member's deal and you get discounts.

Radio shacks could do a lot better and they'll have to to survive.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:30:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Never - not even once - have I patronized Radio Shack and not had some 'wierd' or unpleasant experience dealing with one of their employees.

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:32:51 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Any other suggestions?

Well, obviously the only manly solution is to draw your firearm, kill everyone in the store, and take a new head set.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:50:25 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Isn't this the same place where the CEO lied about his edbucation

Yep. One in the same... Their "Training videos" are fucking hilarious.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:01:25 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
When you make it known that you caught him in a lie, make sure there are plenty of customers within earshot.

edited to clarify

In a Radio Shack???
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:18:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:22:07 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Customer service has been dead for years.  There are only a few holdouts left who take care of their customers.

Kel Tec is one of them.   Ask TBS
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:41:13 PM EDT
[#26]
You realize RS has one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel?  I'd give them a couple of years at best.

www.forbes.com/business/2006/02/17/radioshack-edmondson-retail_cx_tr_0217radioshack.html

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:23:07 AM EDT
[#27]
RS=BS....

They are a lame store these days. A buggy whip on the ass of a dead horse.

M4-AK
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:29:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Make it a point to return those headphones at his store now that you have a receipt!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:39:37 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Any other suggestions?

Well, obviously the only manly solution is to draw your firearm, kill everyone in the store, and take a new head set.

That happened in Florida last year. Not sure if it was over a headset though.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:48:56 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
snip
Any other suggestions?

Yeah - take a chill pill. There are certain things to get worked up over, and this ain't one of 'em. ......

The best advise you're going to get today.

Too bad you ain't listening.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:08:23 AM EDT
[#31]
So I went in there calmly and cooly and DREW DOWN AND YELLED EVERYBODY BE COOL! I JUST WANT THE FUCKING HEADSET!

Seriously though, long detailed story incoming:

So I go in there yesterday and walk in and the guy that I talked to is coming out from the back and sees me and approaches me to help me. I greet him and ask if he remembers me when I was in the otherday about a headset replacement. He says he does, then I ask matter of factly and in a serious tone, “Why did you lie to me about not having a warranty.” He starts swearing up and down that he didn’t lie and that it really didn’t say I purchased it. He says I can’t come in there and talk to him this way calling him a liar. I tell him that I have my receipt and that it showed very clearly that I purchased it. Then I told him I wanted him to look it up again using the same information I gave him the other day and see if it has the warranty omited.

He has me write down my information on a piece of receipt paper using an orange highlighter and after I was finished I tossed the highlighter back onto the counter and it rolls a few inches. He flips and says not to throw stuff. I’m like WTF I didn’t throw it, I tossed it on the counter. We start arguing and the other employee on the floor says that sometimes blah blah blah blah blah making excuses for his buddy. I tell him that I guess I’ll have to take it up with his bosses and higher ups at the corporate office. He asked if I wanted to speak with his boss and I said yeah (turns out he wasn’t a manager, my mistake). So as he’s going back to the back of the store to get his boss, a customer said that I should call corporate and that he’d back up the employee saying I was a dick! I told the guy he has no idea what the situation is and that I don't like being ripped off. WTF I may have been slightly pissed off, but I wasn’t yelling or cussing or threatening.

So the manager comes out and I explain it and he can’t believe that his employee would do that and thinks I’m being irrational and asks like my behavior is unacceptable, “sir do you want us to take care of this exchange or not?” I tell him yes. So the guy continues looking it up again. I tell him I want to see the screen and that if it really does not have a record of the purchase there that I will apologize to him and that I will truly be sorry. He pulls up the screen and right in plain sight on the screen without being hidden is the record of my warranty purchase. He just kinda backtracks and starts acting weird. The other employee is like “uhhhh did you just miss it or something?” He starts muttering that he was looking at the return and didn’t realized I purchased another one, yet here’s how the screen read:

Return – Headset 1 $29.99
Return – Warranty on Headset 1 $5.99

Purchase – Headset 2 $21.99
Purchase – Warranty on Headset 2 $5.99

How do you miss that?

He does a stock check and they don’t have the headset to exchange so he calls another store. After he’s done calling the other store I told him I wanted to speak to his boss again. I walk over with him and the just sorta stands there with us and I explain I wanted to talk to his boss alone, since I didn’t want to criticize the guy to his boss while he listens. He complies and walks off to help a customer. I explain to his boss that “It was clearly right there on the screen without having to scroll down or do any searching for it and that either needs to pay better attention to important details (meaning he’s incompetent) or he lied. You can’t dispute what the screen says and it’s not hidden or missing. To me as a customer I feel like I’m being ripped off simply because he didn’t want to have to eat the exchange on my headset and gave me false information. I don’t mean to be a dick, I just don’t like being lied to.” He realized that his employee fucked up said he understood where I was coming from. We shook hands and I walked over and apologized to the other guy for my attitude, and left.

Seriously though guys I know some of you think I am on a power trip and need to chill or something, but I took it as being stolen from and lied to.  It was as if I dropped $29 and he picked it up and then having me me asking him if he saw somebody pickup money. And then I find out that it was him. I hate thieves.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:11:18 AM EDT
[#32]
BURN THE FOOKER DOWN, POOKIE!!

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:16:23 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I need a couple 12-inch woofers for my home system.

I went to Radio Shack and the chick in there tells me "I don't carry them."

They had stacks of 4 ohm speakers for car systems in there.

I thought "WTF?"  She didn't say, "They're not in stock but I can order them."  Just, "I don't carry them" and she walked away.

Apparently they had better find out. I remember hearing last week their numbers were WAY down. My local one is a good place. I've known the manager/OWNER for years. Like everything, it all filters down from the top.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:26:00 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Any other suggestions?

That happened in Florida last year. Not sure if it was over a headset though.

My store got robbed twice while I worked there.

The first time it happened I was in the back putting some stuff away. I come out from the back just in time to see the guy holding the gun saying “I don’t want your money I just want the money in the register.” Apparently that was in response from a customer saying the guy could take his money. The guy got the money and calmly walked out. I was laying low and staying hidden.

The second time it happened (different guy), I was scheduled to work, but was sick. Another employee came in to cover for me (I didn’t ask him to the manager did). The place was robbed that night and this time the person that did it took their wallets! Talk about dodging a bullet!

Nobody got hurt either time thankfully. I don’t think they had video of either robbery because we didn’t start a new tape in the recorder. Radio Shack is too cheap to buy those super extended mode VCRs that can record 24 hours onto a tape.

They let me go a month or two later (I was planning on quitting anyway), citing that I wasn't completing assigned tasks. A new manager came in and ransacked the stock room trying to improve things and then went on vacation for a week and apparently I was supposed to clean up his fucking mess.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top