Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2005 4:04:50 PM EDT
I decided to go for a walk around an hour ago.  I walked around the 2 mile circle road that my apartment complex is off of.  There is a 5 story office building being constructed, the frame work is all up, they are doing internal frame now.  The whole area is fenced off.

As I walked by, back towards my apartment, two guys in a black Crown Vic pull up and start looking around the fence perimeter.  I keep walking.  A cop car goes by, pulled a U-Turn and slams the accelerator.  I keep walking.  I get in front of my apartment complex and a cop car pull along side me and shines his spotlight away from me into the construction area.  I just kept walking.

Now a Police helicopter is flying circles around the construction area.

They all had to have seen me.  I'm a big guy wearing a bright orange shirt.  But for some reason I barely got a second look.

Now I am back in my apartment.  Fun night.  But I did not get to draw down.

PS.  I had this with me the whole time.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:11:14 PM EDT
[#1]
No police yet but its still early here. Lots of fire trucks though. Every New Year we get dozens of brushfires caused by fireworks.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:15:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I havn't heard the first Siren yet, Now last night was busy.

We'll see it, isn't even 9 yet
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:45:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm guessing you're a white guy. Is your name Chip?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:47:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Been hearing sirens all evening.  The missus mentioned something about about 30 min ago.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:48:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Thankfully I'm not out to deal with the harassment tonight.  I'm sure my wife will go through one, probably two checkpoints on her way home tonight.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:51:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'm guessing you're a white guy. Is your name Chip?

Yes.  No.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:08:18 PM EDT
[#7]
That knife looks a lot like my gerber but I don't have the serrations.

As I have some time and wear on the knife the locking system has shown itself to suck a bit.

If cutting with much force the lock moves over more than when it is in place from just opening the knife and it can be a pain to then get closed.

Overall, it was decent price for 2 years of use and maybe that is a different brand knife.

Around here, cops sitting around waiting to follow people and pull them over for no reason.

If not being followed you may be headed for an ohio checkpoint stop.

I am at home and I stay at home on holidays now due to crappy ohio laws that say even sober people will be stopped at checkpoints and even sober people will be followed all over the place by police vehicles since they are driving in a safe and sane manner.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:06:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Is that silver tube looking thing a hash pipe?

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:12:24 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Dude, you are being facetious or you don't shoot.  That's the magazine for the stubby pistol.  You are looking at the front of it.

Speaking of that, the barrel on that pistol is so short, do the bullets dribble out?  
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:14:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Thats like business as usual around my house, Not too much going on yet I can only amagine all the drunks out in a couple hours though.

PS I was better armed, 70 series Gov 8+1 +P rangers, 10rd for backup and a .357 snubby as my backup piece
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:20:01 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude, you are being facetious or you don't shoot.  That's the magazine for the stubby pistol.  You are looking at the front of it.

Speaking of that, the barrel on that pistol is so short, do the bullets dribble out?  

200 grain +P Gold Dot's seem to come out of there pretty quick.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:22:34 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn!... You're right!

In all honesty I could have looked at that pic for another hour and I still wouldn't have realized it was a loaded mag. Even after you pointed it out, it still took me a few seconds to realize 'the bowl' was the buisness end of a hollow-point.

Either I need to get my eyes checked or put down the hash pipe.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:25:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Went to Books a Million in Ocala  about 4pm, some fool assaulted the checkout girl as I walked in.
One of the other customers and  I chased him down in the parking lot. Got hit twice to the head, no damage. But the punk still ran away (Im 50 years old, fat and chasing a fit 20 year old).
His mother was in the store tending to the girl until the rescue and police arrived. Girl was taken to the hospital.
Turns out he is on a first name basis with local PD.

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:36:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Lori (wife and now EX-PASTRY CHEF) just got back from dinner. In town the entire force must be out. On Nassau Street (the main road in the center of town) we saw 5 police cars on patrol.  No one followed us down the street as we left.

Happy New Year to all
MAxwell
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:37:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Heard its busy out, I just went home so I didnt see anything
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:41:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Give it a few more hours and things might get a little loud around here. I saw a few fireworks stands open at grocery store parking lots today.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:45:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Just your typical road blocks at both ends of town.....  No big deal for us non drinkers......
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:13:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Listened to a Sheriffs deputy shoot some pitbulls (that had attacked some people) with his G22 on the scanner. He had his mike keyed the whole time.  
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:14:11 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn!... You're right!

In all honesty I could have looked at that pic for another hour and I still wouldn't have realized it was a loaded mag. Even after you pointed it out, it still took me a few seconds to realize 'the bowl' was the buisness end of a hollow-point.

Either I need to get my eyes checked or put down the hash pipe.

That is funny.

So you thought it was a hash pic?  Like a dinner pic?

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:20:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Just came back from dinner in West Palm Beach - all quiet on the police front.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:26:51 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

That is funny.

So you thought it was a hash pic?  Like a dinner pic?

LOL!

No... I was being a being a wise ass, but it backfired on me.

Edit to add: I did a Google image search for "hash pipe" and this was one of my hits...

That has to be an an ARFCOMER and his kid.

www.funpic.hu/en.picview.php?id=3800&c=5&s=dd&p=12
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:33:06 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Listened to a Sheriffs deputy shoot some pitbulls that had attacked some people with his G22 on the scanner. He had his mike keyed the whole time.  

How did the pitbulls manage to steal his G22 and attack people with it?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 11:32:07 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Listened to a Sheriffs deputy shoot some pitbulls that had attacked some people with his G22 on the scanner. He had his mike keyed the whole time.  

How did the pitbulls manage to steal his G22 and attack people with it?

They don't use level III retention holsters here  

ETA How you guys let Hillary into office? Glad I don't live in NY state anymore.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:27:54 AM EDT
[#24]
A couple of sirens.

moderate gunfire in the area.

lots of terrified dogs.

but no where near as bad as the 4th of July, when thousands of rednecks shoot randomly, without fear of arrest or even police response.

tonite, mainly sporadic gunfire, and a few people burning up a few hundred rounds.

Some yahoo about a half mile away was bumpfiring an AK in his backyard, the muzzle blast was pretty easy to spot.

another a$$hole down the road kept emptying a revolver into the air.  He was perfectly silhouetted by his front porch light.

The Sheriff's Office doesn't even care about this.   I offered to videotape some of these repeat idiots for prosecution, but the SO really wasn't interested unless I could get a clear image of their faces, and was willing to testify against them.

The parents of the baby that got hit with a bullet last 4th of July were on the local TV news, asking for people to stop shooting, but it doesn't appear that it did any good.

I'll go out in the morning to see if any of my vehicles were hit.

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:19:20 AM EDT
[#25]
I worked an 18 hour shift for new years eve.  in that time I handled

one 15yo runaway
one 18yo drunk driver who crashed her car with suspect in custody
one illegal beach fire (stack of christmas trees)
one tresspassing case
two false burglar alarm calls
One bar fight with suspect in custody
One suspended driver who was on Parole
One parolee cited for less than an ounce
One stoned driver cited for less than an ounce
One complaint of juvies TPing trees
One complaint of a drunk guy dancing in a restautrant parking lot on the hood of his car.
About a dozen car stops (all warnings for moving violations)

Over all a very quiet night for me. Lots of people went out of town to the desert, mexico and vegas.  The bars were well behaved and most people were only having a couple drinks if they were driving.  i stopped a lot of people who had been drinking but nobody that I suspected was over an .08% (except the 18yo who crashed).
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:17:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Didn't work this Eve.  First time off in 12 years.  We went to a friend's house and watched "Tora Tora, Tora" on the big screen TV. Then rung in the new year.

Saw three collisions.
Single vehicle into fixed objects on the way to his house and three different one's on the way back at 2am.    Some guy passed me in the center turn lane at about 70mph with his lights off. (40 mph zone.)

Let's hear it for Jersey barriers.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top