Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2002 2:50:38 PM EDT
Hey guys, I know alot of you are looking at it too.  I just sent this message to this chick today, hopefully she writes back!

[b]I hate stupid, immature games also![/b]

Like those goddamn Parker Bros games. Monopoly?  I hate that game, all I do is go around the board, over and over, buying real estate only it's not real, it's fake.  It's fake estates.  So I'm buying property that isn't real, going in circles and taking order from a six-sided injection-molded precision balanced piece of plastic.  Tell me that doesn't sound stupid, or at least Satanic.

And while on the subject of stupid games, dating has to take the cake.  Is it some sort of new-age courtship that forces me to take a girl out to dinner and a movie.  Regardless of the fact that that's cliche, is it really neccessary to follow through with those basic steps just to get what we both want?  I'm going to break these stupid games we play and skip right ahead.  If you want to have many fun, enjoyable, and relaxing times, go ahead and write me back or just email me at Mall_Ninja(insert @ sign here)hotmail(insert .com here).  I really look forward to seeing if you also live by the words you preach and don't skip around the bush, no pun intended.

Matt.
Ps.  Your writing is excellent compared to the others I have to put up with on this site.  I appreciate your grasp of the English language and wish you well with your studies.
View Quote

Guys, I think I've got this one.  I'll throw up a SitRep when I get a response.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 2:53:44 PM EDT
[#1]

Uh, good luck with that.

[rolleyes]

Stepped-init
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 3:10:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 3:35:16 PM EDT
[#3]
And yet, somehow, I seem to feel inclined to take YOU much less seriously.

I'll be in AZ on the 26th, Matt-maybe I'll see you around.

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 3:36:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Let me post her profile.

This profile is a 18 year old Female looking to casually date a
Male between the ages of 18 and 25

Located in MESA, ARIZONA, USA  
18 years old  Last visited Jun 25, 2002  
Race is Caucasian  Slim figure  
Sexual orientation is Straight  Height is 6 feet, 0 inches

Has children: No  
Eyes are Hazel  
Wants children: Undecided  
Hair is Brown  
Smoker: No  
Religion is No Response  
Drinker: No  
Education is High School - Grad  
Into fitness: Occasionally  
Occupation is Student  

Activities that they enjoy
Aerobics, Biking, Camping, Hiking, Ice skating, Jogging/running, Mountain climbing, Swimming, Walking, Weight lifting

Sports that they enjoy watching and/or playing
Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Diving, Extreme sports, Figure skating, Football, Olympic sports, Tennis

Forms of entertainment that they enjoy
Board Games, Concerts, Dance clubs, Darts, Dinner parties, Fine dining, Movies, Music:Country, Music:Jazz/R&B, Music:Pop, Music:Rap, Music:Rock, Poetry, Reading, Surfing the web, TV:Educational/news, TV:Entertainment, Video games

Other hobbies or interests of theirs
Computers, Crafts, Creative writing, Family/kids, News/politics/events, Philosophy/spirituality, Shopping, Travelling, Volunteer

What they say about themselves
Im a 6 feet tall(really), and have a petite figure. I am interested in modeling, acting, dancing, singing, working out(aerobics), and hanging out or chatting with people. If you are older than 30, sorry, I'm not interested.

What they say about their Dream Mate
I guess my dream mate would be someone who would challenge me intellectually, but not too much. Dont try to just sweet talk me, cause it doesnt mean anything unless its truly sincere.I would want someone who has definite interests and opinions of their own and doesnt just be who other people want them to be. I would like someone at least 5 foot nine, but if they make up for their height in other ways such as personality, i can probably overlook it. Most of all, i want my dream mate to be someone i enjoy being with and who enjoys being with me and who brings out the best in me. Also, someone who isnt gonna play all the stupid immature games and just be open with me.
View Quote

Now see it?  I told you, I think I got this one.

edit:

Here's her picture.
[img]http://www.dreammates.com/photos/35/3490124.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 3:39:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm going with Russel to pick you up at the airport.  You'll be working at Shawns just 4 doors down from me at AZEX, I have 4 days off while you're down here.  And you are welcome to stay at my pad if Russel weirds you out (you'll see).  So see me you will.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 3:42:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Speaking as a woman....and I've had many years experience being a woman....

If I was the recipient of that letter, I would not respond.  The compliment on her writing was good, but the first paragraph just doesn't work at all, and the second paragraph sounds like a challenge to me.  "Put up or shut up."

I know you didn't ask for my opinion, and I'm sorry if I'm out of line here.  I hope she does write back.  Good luck with that.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 3:44:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 3:56:38 PM EDT
[#8]
NSFJojo....I didn't read her profile until after my last post.  Why do you think you "got" this one?  She enjoys board games (first thing on her list), movies and fine dining, and you just trashed all three of those things.  Sweetie, I really hope she writes back to you, but I wouldn't get my hopes up too high if I were you.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 4:06:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Ok, let's discuss this.  

The first paragraph was meant to soften her up.  Using a rant technique I poked a little "elite" fun at a common and favored household game.  Read: I'm going against the grain.

the second paragraph was loosely tied into the first.  I lumped dating and monopoly into one catagory:  game(something she hates... even if she likes to go to dinner and movies she'll still unconciously relate those two ideas into one thing:  Bad).  She said, "Also, someone who isnt gonna play all the stupid immature games and just be open with me".  That's teen speak for "Look, I'm too shy to just ask for sex outloud, so if you'll do it for me I'd appreciate it"  

I might have come off too strong, but I think a girl who plays sports which are generally dominated by men can take it.  When I meet her, or if your thinking about dating a girl like this, the "Sports Type", she'll never forgive you if you say anything like "Oh you couldn't do that cuz you're a girl" or any other remark made about her sex.  She's trying to rebel against it, bad move to call her rebellion unsatisfactory.  The "Put-up-or-shut-up" tone was used to challenge her feminine ego.

The compliment was thrown in just as curve ball.  While the first two paragraphs were difficult to take if they alone were a testament to my character, the addition of that last compliment, especially because it praises an often overlooked ability, is appreciated much more and adds a bit of credibility to myself.

Haha, I told you I got this one.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 4:09:09 PM EDT
[#10]
She's a man baby!
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 4:09:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Don't worry, Jojo, I'm boxing up some Vegas strippers for you, per your request.

[BD]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 4:13:29 PM EDT
[#12]
And you had better not cut them up this time!
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 4:31:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Ok, let's discuss this.  

[blue]I realize that I am coming from a different generation, but I am still speaking as a woman.  And, I too, never liked the stupid immature games...nor did I ever respond well to being told that I could NOT do something just because of my gender.  That said, this is my take on your letter:[/blue]

The first paragraph was meant to soften her up.  Using a rant technique I poked a little "elite" fun at a common and favored household game.  Read: I'm going against the grain.  

[blue]You may be going against the wrong grain here.  It seems to me that you insulted her love of playing board games in your attempt at tying the two kinds of games (board and dating) together.  I reiterate my previous point that "board games" was the very first thing on her list of things she enjoyed.  The way I read that first paragraph is that anyone who likes to play board games like monopoly is stupid and immature....that they are a waste of time and an insult to your intelligence.  Therefore, your first paragraph (if I were her) would be insulting and arrogant.  Not the effect you were looking for, obviously.[/blue]

the second paragraph was loosely tied into the first.  I lumped dating and monopoly into one catagory:  game(something she hates... even if she likes to go to dinner and movies she'll still unconciously relate those two ideas into one thing:  Bad).  She said, "Also, someone who isnt gonna play all the stupid immature games and just be open with me".  That's teen speak for "Look, I'm too shy to just ask for sex outloud, so if you'll do it for me I'd appreciate it"  

[blue]I may not be all that familiar with "teen speak" anymore, but I don't read it that way.  As a woman, I read that sentence as "Don't mess me around with a bunch of lies and false compliments just to get into my pants.  I'm looking for an honest relationship that really means something."[/blue]

I might have come off too strong, but I think a girl who plays sports which are generally dominated by men can take it.  When I meet her, or if your thinking about dating a girl like this, the "Sports Type", she'll never forgive you if you say anything like "Oh you couldn't do that cuz you're a girl" or any other remark made about her sex.  She's trying to rebel against it, bad move to call her rebellion unsatisfactory.  The "Put-up-or-shut-up" tone was used to challenge her feminine ego.

[blue]I don't disagree with your coming on strong.  I think you are correct that she is probably a strong, confident young woman who doesn't need to be treated with kid gloves.  Just don't forget that she is still a woman.  There is still room for romance.  Life would be a real drag without it.[/blue]

The compliment was thrown in just as curve ball.  While the first two paragraphs were difficult to take if they alone were a testament to my character, the addition of that last compliment, especially because it praises an often overlooked ability, is appreciated much more and adds a bit of credibility to myself.

[blue]That part I liked.  Good job there.[/blue]

Haha, I told you I got this one.
View Quote

[blue]She is a very cute girl.  Again, I wish you all the luck in the world on this.  Unfortunately, I think you'll need it.[/blue]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 4:43:42 PM EDT
[#14]
FWIW,

I thought it was funny.  The entire first paragraph was tongue-in-cheek sarcasm and if she doesn't get that they her sense of humour is sorely lacking and you should move on.  

Umm... gotta ask, hon.  She's SIX FEET TALL.  How are you planning on tackling that?  Heck, I'm 5'8" and I dwarfed you.... [:D]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 4:46:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Nice post AR15-Gal!  I guess the proof is in the pudding when she writes me back (or doesn't!).  

I especially liked your way of thinking when it came to:

You may be going against the wrong grain here. It seems to me that you insulted her love of playing board games in your attempt at tying the two kinds of games (board and dating) together. I reiterate my previous point that "board games" was the very first thing on her list of things she enjoyed. The way I read that first paragraph is that anyone who likes to play board games like monopoly is stupid and immature....that they are a waste of time and an insult to your intelligence. Therefore, your first paragraph (if I were her) would be insulting and arrogant. Not the effect you were looking for, obviously.
View Quote

Lesson learned.  I'll be careful to watch my words to not come off wrong in the future.  But, I think a girl that plays the sports just tacked on the "Board Games" as a way to keep in touch with her "childhood interests" (they don't put "doing my taxes" as an interest for a reason, everyone wants to appear "fun")  It doesn't seem right that a girl who plays such active sports would want to play boards games habitually.  It might be a gray area in her life, therefore, I think I got away with it.

edit: grammar
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 4:50:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Umm... gotta ask, hon.  She's SIX FEET TALL.  How are you planning on tackling that?  Heck, I'm 5'8" and I dwarfed you.... [:D]
View Quote

Big deal, it works out for me great!  See, while I'm doing it missionary style, my face will be ears deep in breasts.  Score!
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 5:03:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 5:10:41 PM EDT
[#18]
ROTFLMAO[}:D]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 5:19:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Lesson learned.  I'll be careful to watch my words to not come off wrong in the future.  But, I think a girl that plays the sports just tacked on the "Board Games" as a way to keep in touch with her "childhood interests" (they don't put "doing my taxes" as an interest for a reason, everyone wants to appear "fun")  It doesn't seem right that a girl who plays such active sports would want to play boards games habitually.  It might be a gray area in her life, therefore, I think I got away with it.

edit: grammar
View Quote

You may be right, and I sincerely hope that you are!  

As for the height thing, I wouldn't worry about it.  My husband is shorter than I am, and it's certainly not a problem for us.  I sounds like she's not too hung up on that, anyway.  And, if (no, let's say 'when') you actually do get to meet her, I'm sure your intelligence and personality will make up for any lack of height.  She already said that much, herself.  Be sure to post her reply when you get one.  The suspense is killing me!  [;)]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 5:48:28 PM EDT
[#20]
NSFJoJo, it is my uneducated very humble opinion that your ass is grass.

That women doesn't even exist or She is lying.

You are gonna get played buddy.

Ben
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 5:55:45 AM EDT
[#21]
RUN AWAY FROM HER...SHE IS A PSYCHOPATH!

How do I know, you say?  Look at all the contradictions in her profile:

Wants Children: Undecided...yet she says she's into family/children.
Religion is undecided...yet she says she's into spirituality/religion.
Into Fitness: Occasionally...yet she posts a litany of sports and fitness activities that would have a decathelete gasping for air.

Then again, maybe she completely changes her mind from one second to the next like most women...so she's perfectly normal. [whacko]

Or...she schizophrenic.  The only good thing about that is you can bag TWO at once!  [sex]
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 6:01:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
If I was the recipient of that letter, I would not respond.  The compliment on her writing was good, but the first paragraph just doesn't work at all, and the second paragraph sounds like a challenge to me.  "Put up or shut up."
View Quote

More like "put out or shut up." [}:D]  Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 4:37:35 PM EDT
[#23]
So...any response from her?

You should email her and tell her you have a REALLY BIG GUN...then attach one of your mall ninja pix.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 4:51:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
FWIW,

I thought it was funny.  The entire first paragraph was tongue-in-cheek sarcasm and if she doesn't get that they her sense of humour is sorely lacking and you should move on.  

View Quote

Exactly, humor will take you a long way NSFjojo, A LONG WAY!

Good luck
Keving67
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 5:08:18 PM EDT
[#25]
If only I was young and stupid again.  
AR-15gal.....don't bother.....he's up to no good again, and it may get him somewhere with this one.  Maybe.

Hey JoJo, ask her your relationship boundaries question if she writes back.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 5:13:27 PM EDT
[#26]
..if Pac-Man affected us as kids we'd all be running around in darkened rooms munching magic pills.
View Quote

sfoo...

Your sig line.... ROTFLMAO.... ever been to a rave????  
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 5:17:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Your sig line.... ROTFLMAO.... ever been to a rave????  
View Quote

No, and I didn't inhale, either! [:)]
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 5:56:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Come one...any response?  Don't leave us hangin'!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top