Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2006 8:03:05 AM EDT
That's right, even though I hang the phone up, it won't cancel the call! I hung up the phone for ten seconds and then picked up the receiver again...and the taped message is still playing! I hung up again, same thing!

What...the...hell...??!!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:04:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:06:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:20:00 AM EDT
[#3]
National do not call list is your FRIEND

I get maybe 1-2 telemarket calls a year.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:21:15 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
National do not call list is your FRIEND

I get maybe 1-2 telemarket calls a year.

I get three a fuckin day atleast. This is what you do. Ever see Rambo when he goes in the the M60 machine gun and starts shooting all the computers. That is what you must do.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:32:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Something I do is to have fun with the telespammers.

Here are some ideas on how to torment them.

1. Act like they just called one of those phone-sex lines.  Even more fun if the telemarketer is also a guy.

2. "Thank you for calling the NAMBLA hotline, how may I help you?"

3.  Let them go through their entire speech then tell them that " the owner of this house would be quite interested in whatever you are offering because I'm just robbing the place."

4. Try to sell something to the telemarketer.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:33:22 AM EDT
[#6]
yep if i still had a landline id record those then play em back to the next one who called
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:35:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Now that it's an election year I get unsolicited calls from politicians.

(Yes my family is on the Do Not Call List, and I am also on the Do Not Call for cell phones.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:37:53 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

(Yes my family is on the Do Not Call List, and I am also on the Do Not Call for cell phones.

you should ask them what they are doing about illegal immigrants, and then if they don't say "deporting those criminals" you need to let them know that you will NOT be voting for them
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:43:41 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I believe political messages, charity, and church calls are exempted.

I usually answer with the phrase, "you've got the wrong number," to everything the telemarketers ask, like "can I speak to the head of the household?" or "is the homeowner in?" etc.  The people who are not telemarkets will identify themselves right away, such as "my name Joe, and I'm with the Kaiser hospital, and I would like to speak to x to remind you of your appointment on ......." etc

Wobblin-Goblin: You must have been dealing with an older machine, By FCC rules, the machine must disconnect you when you hang-up.  What I find out that really works, is physically unplugging the telco wire from the handset.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top