Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2002 5:57:33 PM EDT
Recently I spent an afternoon with my just-turned-17 nephew. I took him to the backyard and showed him the shotty, AR, 1911, and Sig 220.

We spent an hour running through how each weapon functions, safety obligations, aiming and loading, and the difference between single and double actions, etc. He's a good kid but, as with virtually all teen-agers, going through difficult freedom issues with his mom. I was so glad to have that quality time with him. I think he's relieved to have an understanding ear.

Anyway, he had so many TV and Hollywood-induced misconceptions about guns, as in "So you spray with the AR and it goes through anything, right?"....After a good beating and leeching to get all that poison out, I showed him how to load with stripper clips. He caught on very quickly and wants to go shoot with Unkie Tony.

I think I'll take him after a long loading and cleaning apprenticeship. Two consecutive 2,700 round tubs, 4 long guns, and two pistolas ought to do it.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 6:02:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Good for you.  If someone had taken the time to show that to me when I was 17, it would have cleared up a lot of confusion for me...

Good job!
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 5:01:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Good for you! Future generations of lawful gun owners will thank you, and above all, and give your nephew a few years, and he will thank you also. Most of the gun handling the young people learn is from the liberals who know nothing about guns except that they are dangerous.
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 5:13:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Good for you Buddha.

I like the loading and cleaning apprenticeship idea!

Keep up the great work.
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 4:34:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Buddha,

Dan Tucker here...

Your email keeps bouncing....

Email with a good email address at

[email][email protected][/email]

Dan Tucker
UPstate NY
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 4:53:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 5:50:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Good work, buddha!!!!!!!!

[img]http://www.chinese-vases.com/images/14th.jpg[/img]

Now, if you lose a few pounds like I need to, you'll drive the wommenz wild!!!!
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 8:03:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top