Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/15/2006 6:11:20 PM EDT
He didn't release an official statement to the media fast enough.

He did immediately inform the local LE (more than Ted Kennedy did) and he did immediately inform the property owner (again more than Ted Kennedy did). He also told the property owner to make a public statement.

So the media is upset because THEY weren't specifically notified.

So who gives a fuck? Since when is that an obligation of the VP.

There was NO SECRECY on the part of the VP or the Administration, they immediately informed Law Enforcement and the victim was immediately given medical attention. A cover up of ANY KIND simply DOES NOT EXIST.

It is NOT like when Ted Kennedy killed Mary Jo Kopechne and DIDN'T REPORT IT TO ANYONE for about 24 hours. It's NOT like when Bill Clinton got a blowjob from Monica Lewinsky and LIED ABOUT IT after he was caught. And it's NOT like when Hillary Clinton killed Vince Foster and is STILL COVERING IT UP.

Dick Cheney NEVER lied or attempted to cover ANYTHING up. He simply didn't make a timely statement to the media. And he is under NO OBLIGATION to do so.

I actually think it is hilarious that the media thinks they are due some kind of explanation. Let them contact the law enforcement agency and read the police report. That is ALL they are entitled to, nothing more is due to them.

Dick should have invited them to go hunting if they wanted anything more.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:14:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Can you blame him? They do nothing but bash Bush/Cheney EVERY chance they get. Why give the cocksuckers the big story knowing it's going to drag out for months, even though islamikazis are burning buildings down and killing people....
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:14:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:17:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Can you blame him? They do nothing but bash Bush/Cheney EVERY chance they get. Why give the cocksuckers the big story knowing it's going to drag out for months, even though islamikazis are burning buildings down and killing people....

Where on Earth would you get the idea that I blame him?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:18:11 PM EDT
[#4]
This is exactly how I see this situation.  The media is mad because they weren't called when something happened, making their jobs easier.  They don't have a leg to stand on besides the fact that they weren't called the minute it happened.  I'm sorry, but how pretentious can they get.  

A coverup would be something like this.  Cheney shoots buddy.  Cheney then has another low level guy take the fall.  Or Cheney sends buddy to clandestine hospital and has him go on vacation so that nobody notices what happened, and pays him off for keeping the silence.  

No coverup.  Media is mad because they weren't kept aprised of every little thing so that they wouldn't have to actually do anything but recieve the frigging call.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:18:54 PM EDT
[#5]
He should do a reconstruction demo. Have all the press stand by a stuffed quail while Cheney sprays them with birdshot.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:19:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

That's it right there.

Nothing more or less.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:19:50 PM EDT
[#7]
No, they're not upset over that.

They see this as a "gotcha" and will continue to blow it out of proportion in the hopes of politically damaging him and Bush further and they think this'll help them do it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:19:56 PM EDT
[#8]
As I said earlier, Clinton had been shooting Monica in the face for months before we heard about it.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:20:30 PM EDT
[#9]
i saw this...hella funny

DICK=Birdbrain
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:22:00 PM EDT
[#10]
They're still angry he wouldnt let them charge their laptops, because he wanted to charge his ipod on his plane.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:22:53 PM EDT
[#11]
they seek any thing that looks like it might be made to stink. ANYTHING. throw it on the wall and see if it sticks... the cheney thing is just another stick test.... comes with the territory...

will die quickly unless the old guy kicks the bucket.. then it will creep along on wobbly legs for two weeks at most... otherwise this is this week's news only....
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:23:19 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
i saw this...hella funny
www.davezilla.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/02/this-is-a-quail.jpg
DICK=Birdbrain

Kalifornia....should have known.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:23:19 PM EDT
[#13]
who is Vince Foster? And when did you learn Hillary killed him? Was this a joke?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:24:25 PM EDT
[#14]
They aren't mad.  They're creating ratings.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:24:55 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd ask you the same thing.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:25:42 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
i saw this...hella funny
www.davezilla.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/02/this-is-a-quail.jpg
DICK=Birdbrain

Your on a roll tonight
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:25:55 PM EDT
[#17]
In the print edition of the L.A. Times, they printed in extra large letters, "Cheney Accidently shot Freind."
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:27:39 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
He didn't release an official statement to the media Washington Press corps fast enough.

He did immediately inform the local LE (more than Ted Kennedy did) and he did immediately inform the property owner (again more than Ted Kennedy did). He also told the property owner to make a public statement.

There was NO SECRECY on the part of the VP or the Administration, they immediately informed Law Enforcement and the victim was immediately given medical attention. A cover up of ANY KIND simply DOES NOT EXIST.

It is NOT like when Ted Kennedy killed Mary Jo Kopechne and DIDN'T REPORT IT TO ANYONE for about 24 hours. It's NOT like when Bill Clinton got a blowjob from Monica Lewinsky and LIED ABOUT IT after he was caught. And it's NOT like when Hillary Clinton killed Vince Foster and is STILL COVERING IT UP.

Dick Cheney NEVER lied or attempted to cover ANYTHING up. He simply didn't make a timely statement to the media. And he is under NO OBLIGATION to do so.

I actually think it is hilarious that the media thinks they are due some kind of explanation. Let them contact the law enforcement agency and read the police report. That is ALL they are entitled to, nothing more is due to them.

Fixed it for you.
Since it may be an ongoing investigation its probably not in his best interests to talk about it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:28:00 PM EDT
[#19]

The Mainstream Media don't want to control what the people think - they just want to control what the people think about.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:28:20 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
i saw this...hella funny

So you find it amusing that a 78 yr old man was shot in the torso in face with birdshot? Yeah, you're in the "right" state with that kind of attitude. Remember that picture if anyone you ever care about gets shot or severely injured.

Whatever you do, don't move. "We" are trying to herd all of "you people" into Kalifornia so, when the big 9.0 earthquake hits, you'll be dropped into the Pacific like a turd being flushed down the toilet.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:29:21 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
He should do a reconstruction demo. Have all the press stand by a stuffed quail while Cheney sprays them with birdshot napalm.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:31:33 PM EDT
[#22]
I would rather go hunting with Cheney than for a ride with Kennedy
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:35:00 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Now THAT's a sig line!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:38:11 PM EDT
[#24]
What's this I hear about the Washington Press Corp wanting the Veep to resign now? Anyone hear something like that?

That's freaking absurd (if true).
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:40:59 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i saw this...hella funny

So you find it amusing that a 78 yr old man was shot in the torso in face with birdshot? Yeah, you're in the "right" state with that kind of attitude. Remember that picture if anyone you ever care about gets shot or severely injured.

Whatever you do, don't move. "We" are trying to herd all of "you people" into Kalifornia so, when the big 9.0 earthquake hits, you'll be dropped into the Pacific like a turd being flushed down the toilet.

Gotta admit though - If Hanoi John had accidentally shot a hunter while "hunting" before last fall's election we'd be pretty hard on him.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:42:54 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

They see this as a "gotcha" and will continue to blow it out of proportion in the hopes of politically damaging him and Bush further and they think this'll help them do it.

Yeah, those guys sure don't have a chance of getting re-elected in '08
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:47:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Steyr, your problem is that you're using reason in your assessment of the situation. Ironically, as long as you do that, you'll just never "understand."
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:52:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Come on it was a 28ga at like 30yds.....can't be that bad
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:53:52 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

It was to the chest and the face.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:55:25 PM EDT
[#30]
They really are mad. CNN was almost rabid about it earlier today. It's as if there is no significant news to report, and they are doing their best whip up liberal hysterics.

Right now I have MSNBC on with the sound turned off (with the closed-captioning), and they are still going on and on about it. They are even doing things where they aren't actually SAYING it, but they are making visual implications. For example: They showed footage of Sadam Hussein receiving a large presentation sword, and shortly afterward they showed Cheney being awarded an NRA musket.

As if that wasn't enough, they played the Leno and Letterman monologues about Cheney, and right after it, they showed Saddam Hussein shooting a rifle in the air from his balcony. I think they have their panties in a wad and are doing their best to draw negative attention to Cheney, and to the Whitehouse in general by association.

What they don't seem to realize is that they don't need to convince the liberals not to vote Republican next time because they wouldn't anyway, and they certainly aren't going to win over any Republicans to their side with their rhetoric, either. All they are doing is making themselves look even more pathetic.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:59:37 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

On CNN earlier today they said that 150 pellets struck Mr. Whittington.

Next thing you know they will be saying, "28 gauge?? Why in the world would anyone need a 28 gauge shotgun to go hunting? Everyone knows that the normal size for a shotgun is only 12 gauge. We have to ban these 28 gauge assault shotguns."
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:07:23 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd ask you the same thing.

I thought that is what you were doing with "Can you blame him?."

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:07:47 PM EDT
[#33]
This experience has been extremely valuable.  The media has shown their true colors for all of America to see.  I still haven't seen the story of Al Gore giving a treasonous speech in Saudi from CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:12:29 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
who is Vince Foster? And when did you learn Hillary killed him? Was this a joke?

Vince Foster - Former white House counselor, and colleague of Hillary Clinton at Little Rock's Rose law firm. Died of a gunshot wound to the head, ruled a suicide.  Far too many mysterious "coincidences" to go into here.  See

http://www.assumption.edu/WebVAX/Foster/index.html

http://www.assumption.edu/WebVAX/Foster/Juhl5Nov95.html

http://www.all-natural.com/foster-1.html

http://www.aci.net/kalliste/part36.htm

and many more (do a search for Vince Foster death (no quotes) and be amazed!)
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:12:38 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

BINGO
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:13:33 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

That would make a great bumper sticker. People would buy them. Trust me.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:14:08 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
This experience has been extremely valuable.  The media has shown their true colors for all of America to see.  I still haven't seen the story of Al Gore giving a treasonous speech in Saudi from CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC.

from AOL News so link unknown

Cheney Breaks Silence on Shooting in Interview
Accepts Responsibility, Defends Delayed Release to News Media
By NEDRA PICKLER and LYNN BREZOSKY, AP

<snip>

Cheney said he had agreed that Armstrong should be the one to make the story public because she was an eyewitness, because she grew up on the ranch and because she is "an acknowledged expert in all of this" as a past head of the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department. He also agreed with her decision to choose the Corpus Christi Caller-Times as the way to get the news out.

"I thought that made good sense because you can get as accurate a story as possible from somebody who knew and understood hunting and then it would immediately go up to the wires and be posted on the Web site, which is the way it went out and I thought that was the right call," Cheney said.

"What do you think now?" Hume asked.

"I still do," Cheney responded. "The accuracy was enormously important. I had no press person with me."

Cheney said he was concerned that if the story broke Saturday night when information was still coming in, some reports may have been inaccurate since it was a complicated story that most journalists had never dealt with before.

"I've been in the business for a long time and never seen a situation quite like this," Cheney said. "We've had experiences where the president has been shot. We've never had a situation where the vice president shot somebody."

Cheney said he personally first told the White House about the accident Sunday morning in a phone call to Chief of Staff Andy Card. He said he didn't discuss it with Bush until Monday when he was back in Washington.

Cheney said White House press secretary Scott McClellan and communications strategist Dan Bartlett urged him to get the story out quickly, but he made the decision how to handle it.

"I had a bit of the feeling that the press corps was upset because, to some extent, it was about them - they didn't like the idea that we called the Corpus Christi Caller-Times instead of The New York Times," he said. "But it strikes me that the Corpus Christi Caller-Times is just as valid a news outlet as The New York Times is, especially for covering a major story in south Texas."

Lynn Brezosky contributed to this report from Corpus Christi

edit: green works better
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:14:31 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Gotta admit though - If Hanoi John had accidentally shot a hunter while "hunting" before last fall's election we'd be pretty hard on him.

Sure would, and I think Dick is responsible for not observing proper gun safety.

But if Hanoi John had ND while on personal time and DID report it to law enforcement promptly I wouldn't blame him for NOT notifying the media.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:14:40 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll bet you $5 they are already being printed as we write.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:14:45 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, those guys sure don't have a chance of getting re-elected in '08

I know, I just hope the lefties keep focusing on '00 and '04.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:17:44 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
i saw this...hella funny

True....but we are not the national media, DU should be happy about "getting something" on the VP. As we would be if and when Kerry or Edwards screwed up, But the media is suppose to be "fair and unbasied"....that's what they are always saying anyway.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:22:38 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Vince Foster - Former white House counselor, and colleague of Hillary Clinton at Little Rock's Rose law firm. Died of a gunshot wound to the head, ruled a suicide.  Far too many mysterious "coincidences" to go into here.  See

http://www.assumption.edu/WebVAX/Foster/index.html

http://www.assumption.edu/WebVAX/Foster/Juhl5Nov95.html

http://www.all-natural.com/foster-1.html

http://www.aci.net/kalliste/part36.htm

and many more (do a search for Vince Foster death (no quotes) and be amazed!)

Having some trouble with these links...

I used to work for Hechingers back in the early 90's.  When things got bored in there in the winter I'd get on the P.A. and page "Vince Foster to the Chainsaws..." or something like that.  Our ops. manager, a very large very liberal Clintonite, heard me one evening and told me in her whiney liberal voice, "watersniper, that's not very nice, Vince Foster's dead."  No shit sherlock!  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:23:23 PM EDT
[#43]
HOW MUCH YA WANNA BET - THAT IN ANOTHER COUPLE DAYS OF THESE COMMIES BASHING CHENEY - WE START SEEING & HEARING ABOUT "POLL RESULTS" OF WHETHER OR NOT HE SHOULD RESIGN
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:28:50 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

You know, the conservative media is actually mocking the BS coming from the left MSM.  

The left, as usual, is way off base and the red states know it.

HH
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:28:57 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i saw this...hella funny

Well, I laughed at all the jokes about this accident that I've seen and heard. Then again, I've got a twisted sense of humor.

I chuckled at the image he posted. Lighten up.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:38:18 PM EDT
[#46]

"I had a bit of the feeling that the press corps was upset because, to some extent, it was about them - they didn't like the idea that we called the Corpus Christi Caller-Times instead of The New York Times," he said. "But it strikes me that the Corpus Christi Caller-Times is just as valid a news outlet as The New York Times is, especially for covering a major story in south Texas."

Thats the source of the complaint right there. The White House press corp got scooped by a South Texas newspaper.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:40:52 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll bet you $5 they are already being printed as we write.

If you find someone selling those let us know.   I'll take a few.
That's gotta be one of the best phrases I've heard in a while.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:41:12 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sure would, and I think Dick is responsible for not observing proper gun safety.

But if Hanoi John had ND while on personal time and DID report it to law enforcement promptly I wouldn't blame him for NOT notifying the media.

I was more referring to the criticism against amare32suns for poking fun at Cheney for mistaking a hunter for a quail, not the hissyfit the media's throwing over not being immediately notified.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:02:44 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Since when is it anyone's obligation to report to the media?  What, they think they are the cops now?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:06:12 PM EDT
[#50]
From watching the WH presser on Mon. I got the disctinct feeling that they were pissed only because THEY were notified prior to some podunk paper, so THEY could break the 'story of the century'

Rule1 of WH press core. ITS ALL ABOUT ME!
Rule2 see Rule 1
Rule3 Bash Bush - basically equal too Rule 2
Rule4 Repeat.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top