Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 11:14:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

There is not a single person on here saying they wish more women would run out and get abortions.
Or thinking it’s a good thing if some 8 month pregnant woman kills their baby.

But we don’t think it’s our role to strap down some pregnant women and force them to deliver their babies months later so they don’t get an abortion.

God is fully capable of sorting out the disposition of people that get or perform abortions as he sees fit.
View Quote

So where is the line that it is a human being and murder?

Nobody is strapping anyone down and forcing them to do something. Only saying that murder should be punished.

Do we leave it to God to punish other crimes?

Link Posted: 8/25/2022 11:26:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
R v W should have been left alone. It will be the factor that costs the GOP more elections. It is their unifying rally point.  Oh well, we really don’t want to win.
View Quote

Holy shit R v W WAS NOT a GOP thing.  It was a completely correct decision by the SC.  It was not the Rs.  State laws?  That's a different discussion.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 11:38:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

What about Kansas a little while ago?
Not talking about right or wrong  of abortion but politically it’s going to sting.
New just look at new voter registrations in PA since Dobbs and same in NC and the special vote in Kansas
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
its NY
so not really a shocker

Not talking about right or wrong  of abortion but politically it’s going to sting.
New just look at new voter registrations in PA since Dobbs and same in NC and the special vote in Kansas

The wording on the ballot was criminally terrible.  It appears to have been written by a 3rd grader that wanted the amendment to fail.  Political sentiment cannot be found in this result.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 11:44:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yeah winning elections isn't important
View Quote

So we only have to sell out our beliefs so we can win an election?  Then what?  When the Rs become Ds just to win, how does that help?  We just have more uniparty.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 12:28:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Can the OP place information on the Democrat (America haters) to Republican voters in that district  at the top of the first post?

If the 3:1 ratio is correct that article is meant to deceive or it was inept reporting.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 12:30:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
R v W should have been left alone. It will be the factor that costs the GOP more elections. It is their unifying rally point.  Oh well, we really don’t want to win.
View Quote

Wrong.  Killing babies is the Democrat religion but it is not the key issue for many.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 12:34:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Nobody is strapping anyone down and forcing them to do something. Only saying that murder should be punished.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is not a single person on here saying they wish more women would run out and get abortions.
Or thinking it’s a good thing if some 8 month pregnant woman kills their baby.

But we don’t think it’s our role to strap down some pregnant women and force them to deliver their babies months later so they don’t get an abortion.

God is fully capable of sorting out the disposition of people that get or perform abortions as he sees fit.

We absolutely do.

Do you sit idly by,
Or are you out hunting down packs of youths that murder innocents, pedophiles that were let go with a slap on the wrist, people that maim their kids, drug dealers that sell lethal crap, etc.?
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 12:40:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

We absolutely do.

Do you sit idly by,
Or are you out hunting down packs of youths that murder innocents, pedophiles that were let go with a slap on the wrist, people that maim their kids, drug dealers that sell lethal crap, etc.?
View Quote

no we contribute a portion of our earnings to pay other people to do that shit since that is apparently morally superior...
We as a society do not at least in theory allow God to handle punishing crime.

It is absurd to say that I personally should be out there enforcing the law. Though certainly a useful exercise in perspective.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 1:01:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
New York isn't a great example of the Dims holding onto anything.

View Quote

This.

Know what's bigger news which there's been absolutely zero mention of on here?

DeSantis-backed candidates flip Miami Dade school board and 4 others to Republican control

A major metropolitan school board going republican, and Florida getting more and more red rather than purple. That's news.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 1:05:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

And that is going to buy the Ds a lot of votes.
The kind of votes that make mandatory tranny / gay education in grade school, appoint judges that rule mom can gender assign a kid against divorced Dad’s wishes, DAs that drop the hammer on good citizens while not charging repeat offenders scum, etc.
View Quote

We will see how it turns out. TN did pass an amendment to the state constitution that says there’s no right to abortion in this state by popular vote.

I’m not buying this doomsday talk. This whole thread sounds more like trying to suppress votes by saying why bother since the court made a ruling that mirrored what the GOP has campaigned on for years. Its the same as telling the left that the sky’s falling since the potato paid off some loans and people are mad so they’re gonna lose everything.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 1:06:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This.

DeSantis-backed candidates flip Miami Dade school board and 4 others to Republican control

A major metropolitan school board going republican, and Florida getting more and more red rather than purple. That's news.
View Quote

That’s freaking sweet!
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 1:22:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

This.

View Quote

Yep. The more I contemplate these issues, the more I realize that attempts to assert control our daily lives through the federal government are a lost cause. We have a much better chance at retaining freedom through local and state elections. This is why Balkanization is preferable at this point.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 1:29:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yep. The more I contemplate these issues, the more I realize that attempts to assert control our daily lives through the federal government are a lost cause. We have a much better chance at retaining freedom through local and state elections. This is why Balkanization is preferable at this point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Like Andrew Breitbart said, "Politics is downstream from culture."

DeSantis is one of the few who really seems to not just get this but is also actively fighting the war on the culture front, between helping essentially defund Disney and their woke propaganda and putting such a big effort on removing the Liberal influence in schools.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 2:12:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

no we contribute a portion of our earnings to pay other people to do that shit since that is apparently morally superior...

It is absurd to say that I personally should be out there enforcing the law. Though certainly a useful exercise in perspective.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We absolutely do.

Do you sit idly by,

The rule of law/man let’s violent, repeat offenders back on the street.  It lets pedophiles back out to molest more children.  It lets people give mental and physical drugs to kids that ruin their lives and often end in suicide.  It does not charge drug dealers with murder and they are back out peddling.  And it lets women get abortions and it lets people perform them.  

Our choice is to let God sort it out in the end or take care of it ourselves.
And dying on the abortion law hill puts more people in to lose life to those other categories.
You are right, I’m only giving a little perspective.
I don’t think you should be out enforcing anti abortion laws.
Which kind of puts me in the camp to let God sort it out.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 2:14:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

We will see how it turns out. TN did pass an amendment to the state constitution that says there’s no right to abortion in this state by popular vote.

I’m not buying this doomsday talk. This whole thread sounds more like trying to suppress votes by saying why bother since the court made a ruling that mirrored what the GOP has campaigned on for years. Its the same as telling the left that the sky’s falling since the potato paid off some loans and people are mad so they’re gonna lose everything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And that is going to buy the Ds a lot of votes.
The kind of votes that make mandatory tranny / gay education in grade school, appoint judges that rule mom can gender assign a kid against divorced Dad’s wishes, DAs that drop the hammer on good citizens while not charging repeat offenders scum, etc.

Im not saying doomsday is here.

But it will not gain us any votes.
But it’s going to cost some moderates and left leaners who are against full on communist/progressive crap.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 2:40:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Women are gonna break 75 percent democrat in the next few elections if Republicans keep pushing first trimester abortion bans.   Some of you underestimate how quickly people accept the new normal with economics. Some of you also never seem to have met women if you think they won't burn this country down to protect their rights to their body from Bible thumping men.

Most of these women don't want to have an abortion but they will vote to protect their ability to if it's needed.   The no exceptions attitude of many in the GOP makes this even worse.  Women who are pro life even will vote against men who think they should be forced to grow a rapists baby.  It baffles me how some people don't understand how big of a deal that is.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 2:47:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Women are gonna break 75 percent democrat in the next few elections if Republicans keep pushing first trimester abortion bans.   Some of you underestimate how quickly people accept the new normal with economics. Some of you also never seem to have met women if you think they won't burn this country down to protect their rights to their body from Bible thumping men
View Quote

Nah.  But even if you were right, I’ll stick with my principles.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 2:53:20 PM EDT
[#18]
I don't get it... is this a "we have to stop the supreme court from making decisions so it doesn't fuck up the election" thread? or what?

Link Posted: 8/25/2022 2:57:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Why do people act like this was an action of the GOP, or that the more conservative members of the SC viewed it that way?  A case was brought before the SC and they made the correct ruling based on the Constitution.

But a Dem won a seat that a Dem had held in one of the bluest states and its all over?

Link Posted: 8/25/2022 2:58:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I don't get it... is this a "we have to stop the supreme court from making decisions so it doesn't fuck up the election" thread? or what?

View Quote

Pretty much.  Activist courts are only bad if they are making decisions that benefit the left.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 3:02:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Not talking about right or wrong  of abortion but politically it's going to sting.
View Quote
This. I dont think anyone expected the Kansas outcome, yet here we are. The abortion ruling was the equivalent of playing checkers on a chessboard. Its going to sting, and it was a bad idea to fuck with it.

But hey, we can feel morally superior in defeat and watch the D's ram all their shit laws down our throats.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 3:04:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Pretty much.  Activist courts are only bad if they are making decisions that benefit the left.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The court decision isnt a problem.  The GOP pushing first trimester bans after the decision is the problem.

Roe v Wade didn't just protect early abortions it protected the GOP from shooting itself in the foot.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 3:05:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Women are gonna break 75 percent democrat in the next few elections if Republicans keep pushing first trimester abortion bans.   Some of you underestimate how quickly people accept the new normal with economics. Some of you also never seem to have met women if you think they won't burn this country down to protect their rights to their body from Bible thumping men.

Most of these women don't want to have an abortion but they will vote to protect their ability to if it's needed.   The no exceptions attitude of many in the GOP makes this even worse.  Women who are pro life even will vote against men who think they should be forced to grow a rapists baby.  It baffles me how some people don't understand how big of a deal that is.
View Quote

Let’s also be real in the fact that this narrative is being pushed by the same people that a) want to be able to fornicate with no repercussions and b) those who stand to gain financially from group a. To try to justify maintaining or if they’re being honest eliminating the prior restrictions by standing on an example that is a minuscule portion of the number of abortions performed is frankly dishonest and disgusting. By doing so, they have done nothing to advance their cause if we’re being honest and they are pushing away people who were sympathetic to them to a much more hardline position such as myself and my wife. Also, don’t forget that the same people pushing this narrative also believe the woman should not have the right to defend herself from the rapist.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 3:05:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 3:08:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 3:10:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
It was a held by a Republican lost to a Dem and was up again. It was perceived as being a probable GOP win. It was probably lost to the Dems last time due to Trump's unpopularity.

Saying Dobbs was just some random court decision unrelated to the GOP is like saying all the lefty decisions that came from far left judges was just the court doing it's thing, like the gay marriage decision was unrelated to Democratic politics "the court just recognized a constitutional right to gay marriage"
View Quote

Isn’t everything right now perceived to be a GOP win? Makes for good shock value when it doesn’t come true.

GOP needs to own the decision and fight just as dirty as the left does with their narratives.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 3:12:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
It was a held by a Republican lost to a Dem and was up again. It was perceived as being a probable GOP win. It was probably lost to the Dems last time due to Trump's unpopularity.

Saying Dobbs was just some random court decision unrelated to the GOP is like saying all the lefty decisions that came from far left judges was just the court doing it's thing, like the gay marriage decision was unrelated to Democratic politics "the court just recognized a constitutional right to gay marriage"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why do people act like this was an action of the GOP, or that the more conservative members of the SC viewed it that way?  A case was brought before the SC and they made the correct ruling based on the Constitution.

But a Dem won a seat that a Dem had held in one of the bluest states and its all over?

All I'm saying is that I don't think Thomas or the conservatives on the court looked at this as a way to "get a win" for the GOP.  Or that this was an action taken by the national GOP.  I don't think the conservative wing of the court acts as an extension of the GOP.

From what I've read of the decision it seemed like it was correcting a terrible decision that was made on non existent Constitutional grounds and pushing the issue back where it belongs based on a correct reading of the Constitution.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 3:13:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Partial birth Abortion is legal in New York.

What abortion laws are they voting for? Executing toddlers?

View Quote

People are uninformed idiots.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 3:17:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Let's also be real in the fact that this narrative is being pushed by the same people that a) want to be able to fornicate with no repercussions and b) those who stand to gain financially from group a. To try to justify maintaining or if they're being honest eliminating the prior restrictions by standing on an example that is a minuscule portion of the number of abortions performed is frankly dishonest and disgusting. By doing so, they have done nothing to advance their cause if we're being honest and they are pushing away people who were sympathetic to them to a much more hardline position such as myself and my wife. Also, don't forget that the same people pushing this narrative also believe the woman should not have the right to defend herself from the rapist.
View Quote
It's simply well established at this point that abortion is not an all or nothing issue to Americans

Access to first trimester under any conditions is overwhelmingly popular.  At a 90 percent rate for women.   Second trimester slightly unpopular .  Third trimester overwhelmingly unpopular outside of medical emergency.

The GOP will lose every moderate state over time until they concede on allowing first trimester abortion access.  It's plain and simple.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 3:19:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
It's simply well established at this point that abortion is not an all or nothing issue to Americans

Access to first trimester under any conditions is overwhelmingly popular.  At a 90 percent rate for women.   Second trimester slightly unpopular .  Third trimester overwhelmingly unpopular outside of medical emergency.

The GOP will lose every moderate state over time until they concede on allowing first trimester abortion access.  It's plain and simple.
View Quote

Oh well
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 3:20:34 PM EDT
[#31]
GD be like “we need to let the democrats win and get their way or we will lose the election”

Same GD be like “why can’t we win elections”

Be better
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 3:22:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 3:25:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 3:30:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
GD be like "we need to let the democrats win and get their way or we will lose the election"

Same GD be like "why can't we win elections"

Be better
View Quote
More like
"Yay we got a little bit of power because our economic platform is more popular.  Let's use it to do all the things people hate about our party the most so we can hand the power to democrats.

Link Posted: 8/25/2022 3:34:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
If abortion is really that big a deal that the Dems can get a lot of seats in Congress* they'll just pass a federal law forcing abortion rights on red states.

*who knows, I'm not saying it is
View Quote
Unlikely.  They'll probably poison the legislation to the point it can't pass the Senate to keep the issue alive as long as possible because it's a winner for them.     Kinda like Republicans do with gun laws. They'd rather guns be under threat because they'd lose millions of votes if the second amendment isn't at stake

I'm sure most of us would keep paying five dollar gas if it meant securing our gun rights.  Women will do the same over body autonomy.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 3:38:48 PM EDT
[#36]
NY will never be red no matter what.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 3:50:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 3:59:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
NY has 7 Republican house members out of 27.  All of Oklahoma's members of the House are Republicans but there are only five of them.
View Quote

NY outside of the appendage in the south seems to be a pretty red state. IMO
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 4:00:59 PM EDT
[#39]
I do think something that needs to be stated here is do we know how the migration of people from these “blue” states to other areas will affect voting turnout.

If all the conservatives leave CA do we realistically expect to win races there?

Over half the business in our shop is people that have moved to our area in the last year from liberal areas. Speaking anecdotally.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 4:32:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Because you are looking at the wrong maps.

This map is INCREDIBLY deceiving:

It really looks like this:

Link Posted: 8/25/2022 4:43:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Lol at posters who think we'll vote our way out of this.

If we compromise enough principles we can win!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If doing the right thing results in election loss, what's the point of any of it?

@103

Because when the time comes to annihilate the enemy, you can do so with a clear conscience, having done everything else possible to help avoid this outcome.

Lol at posters who think we'll vote our way out of this.

If we compromise enough principles we can win!

Yep. Voting won't fix a society that tolerates open corruption.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 4:58:19 PM EDT
[#42]
interesting POV from the guys who think this special election means something and that RvW is a deathblow.  Your contention is essentially "we need to elect Republicans so they can NOT advance a conservative agenda, lest they get booted out at the next election".

Isn't that EXACTLY what Republicans have been doing for a few decades - getting control and doing nothing?  G. TF. O!
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 5:43:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
interesting POV from the guys who think this special election means something and that RvW is a deathblow.  Your contention is essentially "we need to elect Republicans so they can NOT advance a conservative agenda, lest they get booted out at the next election".

Isn't that EXACTLY what Republicans have been doing for a few decades - getting control and doing nothing?  G. TF. O!
View Quote
Yes you understand.  I vote Republican because I don't think the government should control the economy and I think taxes should be low.  I also vote for them because they half ass try to protect the first and second amendment which I think are the two major things that stand between us and total tyranny.  

They are wrong about most other things .including this.   There are millions of voters who share my values of social freedom as well as economic freedom.  If social conservatism pushes too hard the scale tips to democrats.  You aren't winning a god damn thing outside of a few southern states pushing social conservatives views.

Link Posted: 8/25/2022 6:12:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Did anyone ever consider that they overturned RvsW on purpose?

They had to know that it would sink the conservatives, and there's no better time to do it than right now.

We all celebrated it, and all the while they're laughing at us because it changed nothing at all.

States that want it can still do it, I honestly don't understand why people are so happy about it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 6:14:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Anything political in New York is not a bellwether Id use for an reference ever.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 6:17:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Yeah. The constitution sucks. We should run on burning it
View Quote

What in the actual hell are you talking about?

Holy shit that might have been the biggest reach of a comment I've ever seen here, and that's saying something.

There's that old saying, “It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt” Mark Twain.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 6:20:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I have a right to life. God says so. Doesn't matter what a law or a politician says. If that means I'm on the wrong end of a "lawful" raid that will kill me to prove I don't need to protect myself from the gov, so be it.

Go ahead, compromise everything for the hope of getting republicans elected. Remind me again what they do when they're in power?
View Quote

We cannot and should not legislate religion.

Look I'm a Christian, maybe not a good one but I am one either way, and even I can say making laws based on religion is a terrible precedent to make.

Next thing you know they'll start making laws because we have a Muslim President.

We all need to take a step back and think outside of our own head for a minute.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 6:29:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

ny is fucking nutty.

even in the more rural towns it's a bunch of fucking moonbat hippies.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 6:35:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

We cannot and should not legislate religion.

Look I'm a Christian, maybe not a good one but I am one either way, and even I can say making laws based on religion is a terrible precedent to make.

Next thing you know they'll start making laws because we have a Muslim President.

We all need to take a step back and think outside of our own head for a minute.
View Quote

Laws are pretty much entirely based upon religion.
If we are not making laws for moral purposes than what purpose are laws?
That is not the same as legislating religion but our laws are what society agrees is morally right or wrong and those morals are based in religion.

If we aren't making laws because it is what is right then we are making laws that benefit lawmakers.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 6:39:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Did anyone ever consider that they overturned RvsW on purpose?

They had to know that it would sink the conservatives, and there's no better time to do it than right now.

We all celebrated it, and all the while they're laughing at us because it changed nothing at all.

States that want it can still do it, I honestly don't understand why people are so happy about it.
View Quote
I don't know if it was their motive but technically you might be right.  It might be good for Republicans to learn just how unpopular social conservatism is now and let this recession and inflation continue to hang around the democrats neck. We also have at least a few election cycles with a supreme court that can stop some of the democrats worst aspects. Maybe when the pendulum swings the GOP might be a little more libertarian? One could hope I guess.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top