Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/5/2017 12:04:09 AM EDT
Woman in our neighborhood posts that she'd have appreciated if whoever is shooting fireworks in the neighborhood would have given her 10 minutes to get her mother out of the neighborhood before we shot fireworks.

Backstory 1:

Her mother has some strange medical condition where ANY noises are greatly amplified for her.  She's been known to pass out from sudden noises.

In the past, we've called over to her house a day before we'd shoot fireworks to give her time to leave.

Backstory 2:

Last dove season, my nephew went out one morning to  a field on our property about a half-mile from the mother's house and shot a few doves with a 20 gauge.  The daughter showed her ass on FB over that, and when her friends suggested that she check if any laws were broken, she responded that it wasn't against the law, but they'll be watching "them" and eventually they'll slip up.  Her husband was a game warden.

This, from people that we had-- in the past made efforts to accommodate and have known for decades.  As for me, that was the last time that I intended to make any effort for her.

I responded to her post with the following since EVERYONE in this small town knows exactly where those shots were fired:

I'm the one you are adressing this to. We finished today about an hour ago. While I understand your concerns, it isn't unreasonable to expect fireworks on 4th of July. I don't know if I have your number, but it is possible that they may want to shoot more this week. Mom tried to call Mrs. Shirley before we shot the big one, and got no answer, so we assumed that you anticipated fireworks already.

I should point out that:

1.  We were shooting some really low-grade stuff like bottle rockets.  I shot one of the canister ones at the end.
2.  We are in a small, unincorporated town in the middle of nowhere.
3.  Mother lives in the center of town at the main intersection across from the church.

I understand her condition, and I feel sorry for her.  However, it seems that if there was such issues, maybe the family needs to make arrangements where mother will not be exposed to unmanageable sounds.

I do not think it is reasonable to expect that the rest of the town adjust to her condition.

In the past, the daughter has complained about shooting on private property, complained and got the church bells shut off, has had "Quiet Zone" (unenforceable) signs on the roads leading to her house, and has even hinted that my stock diesel truck is too loud when I pass her house on the way to my house.

Am I being unreasonable for believing that the rest of us should not have to greatly alter our lives and traditions to accommodate  these people?

ETA:  I should have mentioned that we started shooting at dusk, and we shot for about an hour.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:10:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Pro tip: Erase your FB.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:13:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah, I know.

It is the only way that I keep up with a lot of people that live a good distance away, so I keep it.

In this case, I am kinda glad that I have it, or I would have never known that my activities were being discussed.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:13:52 AM EDT
[#3]
If its really that big of a deal mother needs some hearing protection.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:14:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Where is MS?
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:15:26 AM EDT
[#5]
FFS, why are you friends with your neighbors on Facebook?  Who gives a rat's ass about them or what they post?

Do what you fucking want, man.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:16:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
My understanding is that she uses noise-canceling headphones.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:16:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Land a 3" mortar on the old ladies porch and won't have to worry about it next year.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:16:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Where is MS?
View Quote
It is a small town in Marion County, MS
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:17:30 AM EDT
[#9]
If you did not care, it would not matter.

That is how that should work.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:18:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:19:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Strange medical condition, eh?

Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:21:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Pro tip: Erase your FB the neighbor.
View Quote
FIFY

Why are you friends with someone like that? Just unfriend them.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:21:38 AM EDT
[#13]
So does ear pro not exsist in their world

Hell, if my mother had that condition she would be wearing the best noise cancelling ear pro money could buy.

Some people it seems just want to a reason to bitch
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:22:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Friendly neighborhood burnout.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:22:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Like the old biddy that's your neighbor?

LOL, fucking facebook excuses.
View Quote
Yeah... like the some guys that live 10 miles up the road from me that I may go a year in-between seeing them.

It doesn't matter whether I have a FB or not.  This was/is an issue that was going on whether I was on it or now. Frankly, my sister called me to tell me to log on to see.

In my way of thinking, I'd rather know what is going on around me than not know.... and FB is the medium that most use -- at least around here.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:23:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Marion county? That shits country as hell out there. I'm from southern stone countyish. Daughter needs to relax and get mom some music to listen to ok days where loud noises happen outside. 
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:23:48 AM EDT
[#17]
fpni
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:24:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
OR not be a retard while using it. FB is a great tool if one ist and abject friggin retard.

Why would anyone add a woman in their neighborhood that they are not actually friends with?
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:25:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Legal to shoot fireworks where you are?

Legal to hunt where you did?

Yes to both questions? Then fuck them
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:25:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Another less intrusive way of keeping up with people is having their phone number, and actually interacting with them on occasion. Delete the facebook. Stop interacting with your cunty neighbor. It's the Fuck King George day. No shit fireworks will be shot off. She's a retard.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:25:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Gossip book lol.  I can't imagine all the drama I've missed by never getting on that mess.

Dude, just don't go to that shit website.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:26:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where is MS?
Ha, I'm looking at property out that way. 
I really hope she's my neighbor. They'll LOVE the .50 cal. 
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:26:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

OR not be a retard while using it. FB is a great tool if one ist and abject friggin retard.

Why would anyone add a woman in their neighborhood that they are not actually friends with?
View Quote
I'm actually not "friends" with her on FB.  My sister called me about it.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:26:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Were gonna need Microsoft paint detail
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:27:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Legal to shoot fireworks where you are?

Legal to hunt where you did?

Yes to both questions? Then fuck them
View Quote
Yep... both legal.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:28:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
Hell, **I** will love it.  I hope you get that land and are a neighbor. I am still putting together a 600 yard range.  Bring it, and I 'll let you shoot my M10/9 SMG in return. :)
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:28:56 AM EDT
[#27]
People bitching about 4th of July is as old as the country is.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:29:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Were gonna need Microsoft paint detail
View Quote
I will have it by morning.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:30:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Hell, **I** will love it.  I hope you get that land and are a neighbor. I am still putting together a 600 yard range.  Bring it, and I 'll let you shoot my M10/9 SMG in return. :)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sounds like an even trade! 
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:30:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
If it's that big of a deal they wouldn't be living in that area to begin with.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:32:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
She was wearing NC headphones, inside a house and was "disturbed" by 20ga shotgun fire that took place 1/2 mile away?  Horseshit.  They are playing you.  
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:32:48 AM EDT
[#32]
You need an air horn. Or possibly some of those locomotive horns mounted underneath your pick up.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:34:10 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Yeah... like the some guys that live 10 miles up the road from me that I may go a year in-between seeing them.

It doesn't matter whether I have a FB or not.  This was/is an issue that was going on whether I was on it or now. Frankly, my sister called me to tell me to log on to see.

In my way of thinking, I'd rather know what is going on around me than not know.... and FB is the medium that most use -- at least around here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like the old biddy that's your neighbor?

LOL, fucking facebook excuses.

Yet FB made you upset.  Either don't sweat FB stuff or do away with it.  I cannot see worrying about what she posted on FB about your evening activities, as long your activities were legal.  

I also don't see an issue with respecting that my neighbor has a health condition and doing what I can to not upset it.  But liberty, if you were legal I find no fault in your use of fireworks.  I also think that lady can gripe on FB all she wants.  

Don't sweat the small stuff.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:34:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Your vehicle needs a train horn. 
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:36:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
I can't believe this wasn't the first post. But the hammer hit the nail here.

OP, why do you have time to accomadate this woman, patrol through FB for neighborhood post, reply to their post, and then come here to gripe about it some more?  You should have spent that time watching Fight Club and realize you are Tyler Durden.

Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:36:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Dear MFer, its 4th of July, expect fireworks, fuck off! :)
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:37:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:39:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Yet FB made you upset.  Either don't sweat FB stuff or do away with it.  I cannot see worrying about what she posted on FB about your evening activities, as long your activities were legal.  

I also don't see an issue with respecting that my neighbor has a health condition and doing what I can to not upset it.  But liberty, if you were legal I find no fault in your use of fireworks.  I also think that lady can gripe on FB all she wants.  

View Quote
I get your gist and don't necessarily disagree with it.

I'll be honest, I quit making an effort to go out of my way when it was suggested that she'd sic the game wardens on my nephew and/or my family (we, btw, do not break game laws.)

My contention is that this isn't a "FB" thing.  Facebook is the medium for the conversation.  The conversation is the issue.  I was contacted by my sister that it was posted there.  And frankly, I do like to know if I have a neighbor putting out some kind of thing that involves me. Forewarned is forearmed.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:40:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
FFS, why are you friends with your neighbors on Facebook?  Who gives a rat's ass about them or what they post?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I'm not friends on facebook with my neighbors(except the ones I actually talk to in real life) but I am on that nextdoor site as it gives me a heads up on neighbors causing issues. One of them was going off last summer on it because the neighbor next to me(she was on the other side of him) was using his fireplace in the summer and she didn't like the ash from it. I actually went next door to talk to my neighbor about it to warn him as she said she had been talking to the fire marshal so he should expect a visit if she lied about exactly what he was doing. I also asked if he needed more firewood.

Quoted:
You need an air horn. Or possibly some of those locomotive horns mounted underneath your pick up.
I like this guys idea.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:41:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Old bat needs to be locked in a soundproof, padded cell if she's that fucked up.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:42:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I'll be honest, I quit making an effort to go out of my way when it was suggested that she'd sic the game wardens on my nephew and/or my family (we, btw, do not break game laws.)

My contention is that this isn't a "FB" thing.  Facebook is the medium for the conversation.  The conversation is the issue.  I was contacted by my sister that it was posted there.  And frankly, I do like to know if I have a neighbor putting out some kind of thing that involves me. Forewarned is forearmed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If neighbor is truly a hag and you don't like her for good reason, go buy more before it's too late.  Keep popping.  But I would not sweat FB idiots for another second.  
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:43:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Send her a letter with a cheap pair of ear plugs.  

If the woman has issues she should use ear plugs and muffs at all times.  It is in her not you.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:44:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

FIFY

Why are you friends with someone like that? Just unfriend them.
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:45:14 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

This
View Quote
Except that I am not FB friends with her.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:46:59 AM EDT
[#45]
TLDR
Get in line.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:49:15 AM EDT
[#46]
Fuck her. Fuck the fainting goat. And what the hell does this have to do with your daughter?
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:49:42 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:50:37 AM EDT
[#48]
Should've fired off some 5.56. Fuck her.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:51:26 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Woman in our neighborhood posts that she'd have appreciated if whoever is shooting fireworks in the neighborhood would have given her 10 minutes to get her mother out of the neighborhood before we shot fireworks.

Backstory 1:

Her mother has some strange medical condition where ANY noises are greatly amplified for her.  She's been known to pass out from sudden noises.

In the past, we've called over to her house a day before we'd shoot fireworks to give her time to leave.

Backstory 2:

Last dove season, my nephew went out one morning to  a field on our property about a half-mile from the mother's house and shot a few doves with a 20 gauge.  The daughter showed her ass on FB over that, and when her friends suggested that she check if any laws were broken, she responded that it wasn't against the law, but they'll be watching "them" and eventually they'll slip up.  Her husband was a game warden.

This, from people that we had-- in the past made efforts to accommodate and have known for decades.  As for me, that was the last time that I intended to make any effort for her.

I responded to her post with the following since EVERYONE in this small town knows exactly where those shots were fired:

I'm the one you are adressing this to. We finished today about an hour ago. While I understand your concerns, it isn't unreasonable to expect fireworks on 4th of July. I don't know if I have your number, but it is possible that they may want to shoot more this week. Mom tried to call Mrs. Shirley before we shot the big one, and got no answer, so we assumed that you anticipated fireworks already.

I should point out that:

1.  We were shooting some really low-grade stuff like bottle rockets.  I shot one of the canister ones at the end.
3.  Mother lives in the center of town at the main intersection across from the church.

I understand her condition, and I feel sorry for her.  However, it seems that if there was such issues, maybe the family needs to make arrangements where mother will not be exposed to unmanageable sounds.

I do not think it is reasonable to expect that the rest of the town adjust to her condition.

In the past, the daughter has complained about shooting on private property, complained and got the church bells shut off, has had "Quiet Zone" (unenforceable) signs on the roads leading to her house, and has even hinted that my stock diesel truck is too loud when I pass her house on the way to my house.

Am I being unreasonable for believing that the rest of us should not have to greatly alter our lives and traditions to accommodate  these people?

ETA:  I should have mentioned that we started shooting at dusk, and we shot for about an hour.
View Quote

You've gone beyond what I would do.  At the point they threatened me I would quit being polite.  Instead of mufflers I'd be looking at loudeners.       1 minute after legal time to start shooting them I'd have something in the air, and 1 minute before the end I'd finish w/ my biggest mortar.  
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:51:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Backstory 1:

Backstory 2:

I should point out that:

View Quote

Do what I have done.  Fuck facebook.  Works for me.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top