Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2006 5:51:17 PM EDT
Yeah, if we just give the illegals drivers licenses, everything will be ALL better

Six killed in crash of stolen pickup
Authorities suspect human smuggling
January 26, 2006
www.cnn.com/2006/US/01/26/truck.crash.ap/
FALFURRIAS, Texas (AP) -- A stolen pickup truck that authorities suspect was being used for human smuggling smashed into a tractor-trailer Thursday on a remote two-lane highway north of the Mexican border, killing six people and injuring at least six others.

The pickup carrying 13 people pulled onto a highway from a narrow country road shortly before dawn and hit the 18-wheeler, which was hauling cars. Five men and a woman died in the collision, authorities said.

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement was investigating the crash, and agents suspected it involved human smuggling, spokeswoman Luisa Deason said.

A stop sign was flattened at the crash site, but it was unclear whether the sign was knocked down during or after the wreck. (Watch the scene of the accident -- 1:15)

Authorities did not know where the dead were from but most of the injured were from Mexico, said Lisa Block, a spokeswoman for the Department of Public Safety.

At least six people were hurt, and all of them were hospitalized Thursday evening. The driver of the truck was also taken to a hospital initially but was apparently uninjured.

The truck was believed to be stolen, Block said.

Immigration agents located several people who fled the scene and were interviewing them. The agency planned to seek criminal charges if investigators are able to determine "the ones responsible for this terrible tragedy," Deason said.

Several people also fled from a sport utility vehicle that swerved to avoid the wreck, slid off the road and became lodged in a small wire fence surrounding nearby ranchland, officials said.

The wreck happened about 10 miles north of the Border Patrol checkpoint in Falfurrias. Border Patrol officials say illegal immigrants often try to avoid border checkpoints by cutting through desolate ranchland and meeting smugglers who drive them north.

Falfurrias is about 75 miles from the Mexican border and about 170 miles south of San Antonio.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:52:21 PM EDT
[#1]
They're just here to do the crimes that Americans don't want to do.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:53:24 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Yes and to take the jobs that Americans will not take and sell the drugs that Americans will not sell.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:02:26 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes and to take the jobs that Americans will not take and sell the drugs that Americans will not sell.

Don't forget the part about their kidnapping and forced prostitution of children.............
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:11:55 PM EDT
[#4]
That sometimes happen around here in So. Calif(in San Diego, Riverside, Orange, and Imperial Counties).  The "coyotes" would drive the vehicles at ungodly speeds in the windy backroads to avoid the INS, and often they would miss a turn etc and injure or killed everyone on board.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:14:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Their insurance will take care of the hospital and emergency services bills.

rj
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:19:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

rj

And, I'm sure you know that OUR TAXPAYER DOLLARS are "their insurance"
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:27:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

rj

Of course, only the best for our friendly guests from South of the border.  

-K
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:32:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

rj

Of course, only the best for our friendly guests from South of the border.  

-K

"friends AND neighbors"[/bush]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:56:37 PM EDT
[#9]
This would never happen if illegals were allowed to get a drivers license.

It would also never happen if illegals were on a guest worker program.

Never ever.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:58:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:29:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Another report with some more information

Six illegal immigrants killed near Falfurrias checkpoint
January 26, 2006
Six dead and eight injured after severe traffic accident
www.newschannel5.tv/2006/1/26/6061/Six-illegal-immigrants-killed-near-Falfurrias-checkpoint-
FALFURRIAS – Six illegals are dead and eight others are injured after the pickup they were in slammed into an 18-wheeler. The accident happened north of Falfurrias.

There was also an SUV near the crash believed to be full of illegals. Many of them took off on foot. DPS Trooper Bryan Rippee said, “They bailed out into the field. If you’ve noticed a Border Patrol chopper, several officers are out there. Obviously we want to talk to them. On the DPS side, because they’re potentially involved in the accident and are witnesses.”

Border Patrol spokesman Roy Cervantes tells NEWSCHANNEL 5, “It’s suspected this is a smuggling case, but it’s under investigation. I can’t comment on the occupants in the truck.”

We’re told ICE will be looking into the investigation as well. They are trying to identify the victims. The Mexican Consulate has been notified.

DPS spearheaded the investigation. They talked to the driver of the 18-wheeler and recovered evidence. They haven’t ruled on who is at fault yet. We’re told the two vehicles carrying illegals were going east on FM 405 before sunrise Thursday. There was a white Expedition followed closely b y a Ford F150. When the Expedition reached the intersection of FM 405 and 281, the driver crossed 281 and went into a brushy area. The driver of the 18-wheeler swerved to keep from hitting the Expedition, but plowed into the Ford F150 that was right behind it. The 18-wheeler jack-knifed and landed on its side.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:49:58 PM EDT
[#12]
As i was walking down the street i noticed it smelled like shit.

I look to my right, to the corner, and see a man selling pieces of meat from some blood red headless rotating corpse in a glass box on top of his cart.

Too big to be a bird.

Can't be a pig.

Suddenly, i heard what sounded like a coked up Julio Englasias screaming and making love to a donkey.

I looked to my left.

And there it was.

Purple painted, tassles out the windows, crammed full of people sitting and standing, converted school bus doing 30mph, screeching around a 90 degree turn, up on two wheels about to topple over, no caution for the pedestrians.

Public transportation?????,I asked myself.

Oh yeah, I had forgotten i had taken a short walk across the border.

Juarez!!!!

Viva la Mehikow.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:57:28 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

rj

I hope thats sarcasm.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:00:52 PM EDT
[#14]
w00t!

I love stories like these with happy endings!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:27:29 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

rj

I hope thats sarcasm.

Ya Think?

Personally I think the gov should deduct the health care costs of illegals from any aid to Mexico. Why should we reward them? Plus any business that gets caught hiring illegals should get a mandatory $1K fine for each one. That will kill the economic incentive to hire them real quick. I get pissed knowing these clowns play our system like a fiddle. We have enough home grown deadbeats!
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:28:17 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

[ Plus any business that gets caught hiring illegals should get a mandatory $1K fine for each one. !

I am pretty sure that CURRENT law allows up to $10K per each one. Just not enforced

rj
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:31:31 AM EDT
[#17]
nothing to see here, move along. you people need to realize that this is going on with GWBs tacit approval. he wants it this way, and this is how it's going to be. if he wanted the situation changed he would change it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top