[#1]
Good luck.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:13:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll give you a dollar if you get up right now and yell

WOLVERINES
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:13:22 PM EDT
[#3]
My son saw it yesterday at midnight. He absolutely loved the original, he said the remake stunk.
Oh well
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:15:31 PM EDT
[#4]
What are you packing?

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:17:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What are you packing?

Kahr PM9 Black Diamond
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:18:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Tag for aar from HR.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:24:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What are you packing?

Kahr PM9 Black Diamond

Noice!  Any snacks?

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:30:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Jacket pocket full of fun sized candy bars left over from Halloween, large sized diet soda and for $5.75 I'm getting the free refill on the way out!
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:31:00 PM EDT
[#9]
I had no reason not to like it.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:32:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Jacket pocket full of fun sized candy bars left over from Halloween, large sized diet soda and for $5.75 I'm getting the free refill on the way out!

You're carrying a weapon into a theater and you brought your own candy?!

Can you find any more rules to flout? I'm on the phone to the management right now!

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:33:40 PM EDT
[#11]
I watched it with the wife today. It wasn't bad but I wish I would have waited for it to come out on dvd.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:34:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can you find any more rules to flout? I'm on the phone to the management right now!

EXPcustom, is that you?
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:35:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:35:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

She's on the floor between my knees, should I hand her the iPad?
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:35:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rat!

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:37:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Fear not, it doth suck large jackass testes.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:12:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Fear not, it doth suck large jackass testes.

In some ways it was better than the original, in other ways worse.

Had a hard time connecting to the characters, maybe because I haven't seen it a million times yet, and it seemed rushed at 93 minutes.

Spoiler alert, stop reading if you don't want plot details.

I thought having Jed as an active duty Marine on leave made sense. It gives a reason for a bunch of high school kids becoming proficient in guerilla tactics so quickly. Jed is back from Iraq and fighting insurgents, so his mind is likely full of ideas on how to become one.

I like the fact that some "commandos" came into the AO looking for them, and brought and were looking for intel. I never thought it made sense for a downed F-15 pilot to be the one to teach them how to fight. Again, Jed being a Marine covered this early on, and the commandos (Marines out of what was Camp Pendelton) helped with the raid on the HQ.

I was wondering how the Norks would get to the US in large numbers, and it is clear the Russians used them for bodies and supplied the transport for the paratroopers. The Nork insignias over the US flags on the vehicles explains where they got their equipment. Likely grabbed from National Guard units. The intro to the move also positioned the Norks as a growing cyber threat, so you knew they were basically going to come in by knocking out the power and communications hubs, paralyzing the nation long enough to grab a toe hold.

In any event... Worth seeing? Yes. In the theatre? Meh... Wait until Red Box or Netflix has it. It isn't one of those movies that must be seen on the big screen to truly get the experience like say Avatar was. It will never replace the original as ARFCOM's sit on the couch with your favorite AR and drool while dreaming of being a Wolverine, but how many remakes surpass the original?

Bottom line, if there never was an original Red Dawn to compare it to, ARF would love this movie.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:18:38 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

EXPcustom, is that you?

Whatever happened to that assclown extraordinaire?

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:22:15 PM EDT
[#19]
I enjoyed it.  Wasn't as much fun as the first one, but you pretty much already know the plot.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:23:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top