Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2010 3:37:02 PM EDT
I posted this awhile back in the Outdoors section and no answer.

I am going on a bow hunt and am looking at some new camo. I am hunting in brushy/open area in Texas, New Mexico and Montana mostly.

I have a buddy who uses Sitka Open Country and swears he can draw and the deer don't see him. He is not bullshitting guy so I believe him, but I want to hear what the hive has to say.

The mossy oak Brush pattern is another option. When I went to Cabelas to try them both on I liked the fit and feel of the sitka, but the price is alot more.

Thank you,

mlmertz
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:48:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Nat Gear if you can find it.. I think it's one of the most under rated camo out there...

Good luck on your hunt.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:56:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Camo clothing is a great marketing tool.  Not talking down to you, just speaking my mind.  I have camo myself but rarely wear it anymore.  I wear dark clothing with any kind of pattern to it.  I have had bears walk right up to me in Alaska while wearing a red and black checkered wool coat.  Now here in Oklahoma I have had deer and other game almost step on me while wearing blue jeans and flannel shirts.
It really is nothing more then being still and not getting winded.  With the deer I have learned not to look them straight in the eye, they always run if they are close and I make eye to eye contact.
Dont let me wife know camo is not really required.  I convinced her I needed that new Columbia wool camo coat
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:59:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I always have liked Realtree MAX-1HD. Works great in NV.

Mossy Oak Open Country or Brush is good for open/dead brush areas.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:00:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Camo clothing is a great marketing tool.  Not talking down to you, just speaking my mind.  I have camo myself but rarely wear it anymore.  I wear dark clothing with any kind of pattern to it.  I have had bears walk right up to me in Alaska while wearing a red and black checkered wool coat.  Now here in Oklahoma I have had deer and other game almost step on me while wearing blue jeans and flannel shirts.

It really is nothing more then being still and not getting winded.  With the deer I have learned not to look them straight in the eye, they always run if they are close and I make eye to eye contact.

Dont let me wife know camo is not really required.  I convinced her I needed that new Columbia wool camo coat

I will agree with this but why cant that happen when I am actually hunting

I think camo is like fishing lures they need to catch you not fish kinda the same thing with camo

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:09:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

thats true if your shooting a rife, but i disagree when it comes to bow hunting and drawing the buck you want. I like bow hunting due to being harder and all ready have good camo but want people opinion on this camo.
Also hunting antelope with a bow requires more than jeans.

Here is my last buck I shot and that is what I was wearing. This is on a low fence no feed or plots in Irion County,Texas. Scored 162 7/8 and got 3rd place in a big buck competition.

" target="_blank">
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:18:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Ha, you're dressed about the way I always am when I go hunting.  Bow hunting will take a bit more work then rifle, no doubt about it.  I do a lot of traditional muzzle loading and I love it.  I am in SW Ok so the terrain around here is like a lot of Texas.  I try to find some of those short fat cedar trees and back up into them, makes great natrual camo and has helped me score.  Good luck with the antelope, that would be something to take one with a bow.
Edited to say "Damn fine deer you bagged."
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:20:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Multicam FTW.......but some of that real tree stuff is excellent.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top