Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/30/2002 12:15:13 PM EDT
This "MENSA" banter seems to be between me and those who are insecure because I happen to have joined a particular club, so let's start this here.

1) It's funny to me how people immediatley get all insecure when MENSA is mentioned.
The reaction you get is almost as if you are telling them outright that they are stupid.
So, they begin to cope.
They blame the entrance tests for not being right...
They say the members are boring...
They say say all members are snobs...
They say they are smart enough to get in, but didn't want to... and so on.
It shows a VERY weak mind. Kinda like th programmed response to "gun owner" is "red neck".
It's a joke. But the sad thing is, it's a joke being told by the majority, so as dumb as the MENSA bashers look, and as transparent as their reasoning is, they will never realize it, because there are so many others right along side them saying the same things.

2) MENSA in no way is a precursor ro "making money". To those of you who are slaves to the allmighty dollar (Fine for you), you will NEVER NEVER be able to understand that it isn't god to everyone. When you try and correlate ones inherent intellegance with making money, that tells me you don't get what the clubs all about.
It isn't a capitalists club. It's a thinkers club. Some of you will never understand that "money" and "smart" are two different things (And that lack of understanding is probably why you're offended by MENSA in the first place)

3) Just because you aren't a member doesn't mean that members think you to be immediatley "stupid".
The catch here the majority of people are indeed stupid (As shown in the last presedential election, where the majority of us voted for Al Gore), thus there is sort of an automated reaction from those who aren't stupid. Like, sometimes I have used the word "inferior". When you examine the context, I am clearly not saying all non-members are across-the-board "inferior"... I am simply addressing those WHO INDEED HAPPEN TO BE INTELECTUALLY INFERIOR. I know you have been trained to become offended by anyone who suggests such a wild thing as intellectual supeority might exists, but I can't help that. You too very well may be stupid, and I don't expect you to take that well when one points it out (And probably stings a bit more coming from a stuck up "MENSA" member).
If you shout "STOP, THIEF" in a crowded room, only the thieves will run.
If you say "Intelectually Inferior" on an internet BBS, only those who fit that sdescription will take offence.

4) The tests. MENSA is in no way rooted in exclusivity. ANYONE who meets the criteria can join.
You will find those who DON'T meet the criteria usually blame the test. This is to be expected, as I can't count how many times i've seen piss poor shooters "blame the gun".
IQ and SAT tests are a fair gauge at ones ability to process information.
Just because they are used in college admissions, as the Maclallan points out, in no way negates thier validity.

5) Admissions into the club in no way means you are world class at everything you do. Again. If you believed this, it was simply a sterotypical pigeon hole for you to rest your weak mind in.
I for one am a piss poor speller, and am only slightly average at spatial.
There are people in the group who can't multiply their "8" times tables, but can name every ruler of Japan going back 2000 years.
There are members who can't name 6 presidents back, but can sit on a milling machine and make unbelievable gadgets. It's a broad cross section.

6) All MENSA members are 5'2 and weigh 105# without their glasses.
This is the most common weak-minded sterotype.
I for one am very small, only being 5'5 and weighing 125#... But many members aren't.

7) Being a member in MENSA in no way means you are a good person; but, you have to realize the purpose of MENSA isn't to gather "good people". It's to gather "smart people".
I personally would MUCH rather conversate with an interesting, evil genius than a boring, decent person. This doesn't mean I don't like or appreciate these people. It just means that when I go to a meeting, it has a specifig purpose that has nothing to do with "goodness".

So.
If you are STILL offended by MENSA and it's members, what the fuck ever. I can't help that.
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 12:19:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I am a MENSA member.
Do we know each other ?
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 12:22:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Whats funny to me is how you need to have your ego stroked so often. Sounds to me like you're just insecure and need to display your mighty mensa mind powers instead of bringing your baby blanket out into public.
LOOK AT MEE !!!  I"M SO SMART !!!!  blah blah blah...... attention whore.
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 12:24:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Oy vey. Are we starting up ANOTHER worthless Mensa thread?

This horse is not only dead, he's been turned to glue and used to wallpaper my dining room already...
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 12:44:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Whats funny to me is how you need to have your ego stroked so often. Sounds to me like you're just insecure and need to display your mighty mensa mind powers instead of bringing your baby blanket out into public.
View Quote

You dumbass.
This thread in no way was meant to display my "mighty blah blah".
It was an explination.

Since apparently I am the only member here (For reasons that have nothing to dowith what you morons claim are ones reasons for joining)
It falls on me to defend the group.

Any other group members here wanna jump in?
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 12:50:42 PM EDT
[#5]
OK I'll bite...er..uh..no I won't....I checked again and I just don't give a shit...
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 12:50:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ditto.

If McUZI's lame rants, whinings, racism, and bigotry are indicative of the typical MENSA member, one might as well sign up with the Ku Klux Klan for such informed conversation.
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 12:54:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It was an explination.
View Quote

The only thing I saw explained was your total inability to comprehend why many who qualify choose not to join or participate in your semi-exclusive little club. So much for your superior intellect.
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 12:56:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

You dumbass.
It was an explination.

Since apparently I am the only member here (For reasons that have nothing to dowith what you morons claim are ones reasons for joining)
It falls on me to defend the group.

Any other group members here wanna jump in?
View Quote

I'm gonna have to call Bull Shit on this one. Judging from the way you carry yourself verbally in you past threads, you do not exhibit or demonstrate the character of a true MENSA member. In other words, your just a loud mouth ass hole and you definitely seem to have something to prove either to yourself or us. So let me take this opportunity to narrow your quest down for you a little. We do not care about you. So now its just you and yourself. Which is probably the basis of your problems to begin with.
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 1:01:50 PM EDT
[#9]
FTL.
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 1:05:22 PM EDT
[#10]

MENSA: a group comprising those who score in the upper 5% on what is the equivalent of a general College Entrance Exam.

[u]Question:[/u]
Why do you suppose there's no similar group for MDs who score in the top 5% on their MCAT (Medical School Enterance Exam) or Ph.D.s who score in the top 5% on their GRE (graduate school enterance exams)?

[u]Answer:[/u]
Because tests like that are virtually MEANINGLESS in the real world. Except to those who mistakenly assign mucho self-esteem and pride to it.

Any MD or Ph.D. who would walk around thinking he was intellectually or professionally superior to his colleages who scored lower on the MCAT or GRE would be a laughing stock.

Same is true for MENSA. That's the sad part.

Link Posted: 8/30/2002 1:09:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 1:10:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It was an explination.
View Quote

The only thing I saw explained was your total inability to comprehend why many who qualify choose not to join or participate in your semi-exclusive little club. So much for your superior intellect.
View Quote

No Boomtard.
I never said that everyone who isn';t a member isn't qualified. And I understand that some people don't want to join.
I was respondong to the gay sterotypes that people launch at teh club.
Weak minds need sterotypes to glom on to.

Like...
If McUZI's lame rants, whinings, racism, and bigotry are indicative of the typical MENSA member, one might as well sign up with the Ku Klux Klan for such informed conversation.
View Quote

LMAO!
Do you really think that what I say somehow represents, as a whole,the groups I belong to?
Seperation from people like you is the reaon groups like MENSA exist.
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 1:16:33 PM EDT
[#13]
"Mirror, mirror, on the wall..."

[img]http://www.arton5th.com/disney/magic_mirror_on_the_wall.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 1:17:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

[b]MENSA: a group comprising those who score in the upper 5% on what is the equivalent of a general College Entrance Exam.[/b]

An IQ test is a measure of ones ability toprocess information.
And if i'mnot mistaken, they did away with SAT's as a benchmark for entrance.
So stop saying that.
I'll repeat.
THEY DID AWAY WITH USING SAT'S AS AN ENTRANCE BARAMOTER.

[b][u]Answer:[/u]
Because tests like that are virtually MEANINGLESS in the real world. Except to those who mistakenly assign mucho self-esteem and pride to it.[/b]

And a muzzleloader is virtually useless in the modern world too... but some people still buy them.
It's their decision.
Do you not fucking understand this?
MENSA isn't a group meant to address peoples "goodness", or,now as you have glomed on to, "of practical usage".
You have NEVER NEVER NEVER seen me mention MENSA EVER! on a thread that wasn't
A) About MENSA
B) Made mention of my being a member.

MENSA members don't go around flaunting it.
What is so funny is people start up threads about MENSA and then summarily accuse the members of "flaunting it" when MENSA was the purpose of the fucking topic in the damn first place!

But, what I do admit to loving a bit, is watching people rationialize their asses off when MENSA is mentioned.
I'll admit I do get a bit of satasfaction out of that.
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 1:18:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Interesting logic. I thought separation from people is what drove Thoreau into the woods... not into yet another conformist group with a label.
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 1:24:31 PM EDT
[#16]
let me rephrase [:)]

What makes MENSA interesting as a group that I would want to join it McUzi?  
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 1:25:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 1:27:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 1:29:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Surprised nobody has done this yet...

[img]www.members.aol.com/ericsorenson/mcuzi.jpg[/img]

Sorry Mac...couldn't resist! [;D]
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 1:30:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Good stuff, guys.  Carry on.
View Quote

[:D]
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 1:33:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
So, McUzi, I haven't seen any reason to want to join yet, other than I'll somehow mark myself as part of a group of smart folks.  

What's so great about Mensa?  What do they do?  Why are they not boring?  

How about some actual reasoning rather than attacking potential attackers?
View Quote

It's hard to explain,but i'll try.

Imagine as a child, you seem to know the answers to your friends questions 10X more often than anyone else in your social circle.
After a while, they begin to resent this,and call you a "know it all"...
Suppose you have a high vocabulary, for a good part of your life, found yourself having to "dumb down" your regular, every day vernacular around most everyone. After a while, it gets old.

Say you are a great chess player, and have demolished everyone at your local club sooftenthat you have noone else to play with.

It's simply a place where smart people can be themsleves, and don't have to act a certain way to fit in.
Any political advisor knows that in order to win the votes of the masses, their candidate can't come off as being "too smart".
There is a reason for this.
MENSA is a place where smart people can get together and argue and agree and discuss and commisurate with other people who can keep up with them.
Now, for the sake of the dumb motherfuckers who are about to respond with something along the lines of "MENSA isn't the only place where there are smart people", I know.
I agree.
But it's the only social arena i've found up to this point that has not only "smart people", but brilliantly divergant opinion that can be expressed on a level that appeals to me.
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 1:35:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Hey DevilsAdvocate- Some of us like to party our asses off too [;)]
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 1:40:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It was an explination.
View Quote

View Quote

No Boomtard.
I never said that everyone who isn';t a member isn't qualified. And I understand that some people don't want to join.

Like...
View Quote

LMAO!
Do you really think that what I say somehow represents, as a whole,the groups I belong to?
View Quote

Why is it so hard for you to understand that logic like "Mensa's cool and anyone who says anything negative about Mensa is stupid, and anyone who says anything negative AND denies being stupid is a LIAR." will generate negative responses?

Your blanket assertions that the naysayers are mentally challenged, therefore their comments can be swept aside, are illogical, poor debate form, and, as far as I can tell, WRONG.  
It's one thing to boost for an organization.  you like MENSA, cool, go for it.  You think I'd like MENSA, tell me why.

But the "You guys are stupid, as are all critics" mantra grows threadbare with each passing repitition.

IBTL.    
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 1:40:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Anyway, I think it's funny that after I closed every lame sterotype that people launch at the group with this post, the peanut gallery went from attacking MENSA, to attacking me personally...

Funny how that shit works [:D]
THAT'S! what gives me that little tinge of satasfaction.
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 1:42:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, McUzi, I haven't seen any reason to want to join yet, other than I'll somehow mark myself as part of a group of smart folks.  

What's so great about Mensa?  What do they do?  Why are they not boring?  

How about some actual reasoning rather than attacking potential attackers?
View Quote

It's hard to explain,but i'll try.

Imagine as a child, you seem to know the answers to your friends questions 10X more often than anyone else in your social circle.
After a while, they begin to resent this,and call you a "know it all"...
Suppose you have a high vocabulary, for a good part of your life, found yourself having to "dumb down" your regular, every day vernacular around most everyone. After a while, it gets old.

Say you are a great chess player, and have demolished everyone at your local club sooftenthat you have noone else to play with.

It's simply a place where smart people can be themsleves, and don't have to act a certain way to fit in.
Any political advisor knows that in order to win the votes of the masses, their candidate can't come off as being "too smart".
There is a reason for this.
MENSA is a place where smart people can get together and argue and agree and discuss and commisurate with other people who can keep up with them.
Now, for the sake of the dumb motherfuckers who are about to respond with something along the lines of "MENSA isn't the only place where there are smart people", I know.
I agree.
But it's the only social arena i've found up to this point that has not only "smart people", but brilliantly divergant opinion that can be expressed on a level that appeals to me.
View Quote

McUzi...If haven't already realized it, most everyone here accepts you just the way you are, smart, stupid, it doesn't matter. Just the fact that you haven't been bannished from this site for saying stupid things goes to show that we still like you, (even Ben Dover AND Thebeekeeper1). You should should feel welcome here. We have faith that you're actually a smart guy...We don't need proof..we trust you =)
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 1:44:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

But the "You guys are stupid, as are all critics" mantra grows threadbare with each passing repitition.

IBTL.    
View Quote

Absolutley not.
You are trying to shift what I am addressing.

I am not addressing anyone who critiques the group...
I am addressing anyone who is critical of the group for stupid reasons.
And as it's turned out, that's been most everyone so far who has tried to knock the group down.
And quit asserting crap like "anyone who isn't inthe group is meatally challenged"
Inever implied, nor said such a thing,and your citing it is yet another example of people relying on sterotypes to define what they don't know.
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 1:45:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 1:47:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
You dumbass.
It was an explination.
View Quote
Obviously, spelling is not a requirement for MENSA.
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 1:48:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
An IQ test is a measure of ones ability toprocess information.
And if i'mnot mistaken, they did away with SAT's as a benchmark for entrance.
So stop saying that.
I'll repeat.
THEY DID AWAY WITH USING SAT'S AS AN ENTRANCE BARAMOTER.
View Quote
Yes, that's why I said "the equivalent of..."

Quoted:
It's their decision.
Do you not fucking understand this?
MENSA isn't a group meant to address peoples "goodness", or,now as you have glomed on to, "of practical usage".
View Quote
I never mentioned "goodness" or "practical usage" here.

I said that people who place so much value on test scores are like Ph.D.s comparing GRE scores. If they ever started a MD or Ph.D club based on those tests - they're a "laughing stock".

Do you remember your PSAT score (your Pre-SAT test you took as a highschool sophomore)? Probably not. Why? Because it doesn't matter.

IT'S JUST A TEST!
Quoted:
You have NEVER NEVER NEVER seen me mention MENSA EVER! on a thread that wasn't
A) About MENSA
B) Made mention of my being a member.
View Quote
No, you're right. I haven't.
Quoted:
MENSA members don't go around flaunting it.
What is so funny is people start up threads about MENSA and then summarily accuse the members of "flaunting it" when MENSA was the purpose of the fucking topic in the damn first place!

But, what I do admit to loving a bit, is watching people rationialize their asses off when MENSA is mentioned.
I'll admit I do get a bit of satasfaction out of that.
View Quote
I didn't start either thread. And as far as IQ and MENSA, it really doesn't matter to me.

But I see in this thread you clarified yourself and referred to "INTELECTUALLY INFERIOR" people, not just "inferior" people like in the last thread. Fine. It just seemed to me that you were being pretty haughty with your views of non-MENSA quality folks.

BTW, two questions for you [b]McUZI[/b]:
1) does MENSA "race-norm" their requirements like the SAT etc. do nowadays?

2) if the cutoff is say 165 and one were to score 163 he/she would be excluded, isn't that a bit arbitrary? I mean, do you really think that a person with 165 IQ is significantly more intelligent than a 163 person?
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 1:48:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Interesting confessional McUzi. I wasn't too far off the mark in some statements I made to you and to others regarding my perceptions about you through your behavior and communication.

Can I give you a piece of friendly advice?

In my observation, you are all too quick to mistakenly assume that because someone is intellectually beneath you, that they will somehow or another default to antagonistic behavior against you. I know this is a struggle since so many people have proven your assumption to be correct since childhood. However, you also fall into the trap of creating your own destiny with them by 1) assuming that an individual is beneath your intellectual prowess; and, 2) presupposing their behavior.

I can go on, but I am sure you are already rolling your eyes. Just know that I too know what it feels like to grow up distanced from my peers for similar reasons. I think I said something to you to this effect in an IM.
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 1:54:12 PM EDT
[#31]
I was a member for a year.  Didn't get anything out of it, except for a magazine.  I just like to take tests and should have stopped there.  Honestly, I wasn't all that impressed with members' intelligence.  Just seemed like average folks.  Just like me.  I am no better than the next guy.
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 1:54:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

IBTL.    
View Quote

Absolutley not.
You are trying to shift what I am addressing.

I am not addressing anyone who critiques the group...
I am addressing anyone who is critical of the group for stupid reasons.
And as it's turned out, that's been most everyone so far who has tried to knock the group down.
And quit asserting crap like "anyone who isn't inthe group is meatally challenged"
Inever implied, nor said such a thing,and your citing it is yet another example of people relying on sterotypes to define what they don't know.
View Quote

Your FIRST post on this topic:
"No, but here's the 3 stories you will get when referring to MENSA.

1) "Well, I was smart enough to get in, but I just didn't like it..."

Coping mechanism,and invariably total bullshit.

2) "You know, people like that might be able to do math problems in their heads,but they have no common sense...Like, they don't know when to come in out of the rain.."

Coping mechanism.

3) THey are all boring...

Depends on what you consider boring.

All are simply psychological devices used to convince ones self that they aren't inferior."

At that point, NOBODY HAD criticized MENSA yet.

The first two reasons and that last sentence.

Please read them again.

Seems to me this is MCUZI's guide to addressing MENSA critics, hell, it SAYS it's your guiude to addressing critics.

Anyone who says they are smart enough to get in but didn't is spewing "bullshit."  Your word.

Critics ned devices to convince themselves "they are not inferior."  If they need to resort to such devices to "convince themselves," then they ARE INFERIOR, correct?

I'm not shifting anything, I'm reading your posts.
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 1:55:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 1:57:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Help!  I've fallen and I can't get up AND I can't press the "Spell Check" icon!  Hey! My grammar-check is missing, too!  WTF!!![>Q]
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 2:05:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Just some various photos I found while doing a search for MENSA images...Thought you might enjoy them...

[img]www.santegidio.org/img/amici/disabili/mensa.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.cityinfonetz.de/005_center_elements/mensa.gif[/img]

[img]http://ieee.unipv.it/foto/crf-miniature/8_pullman.jpg[/img]

[img]www.uni-essen.de/swe/mensa.40.jpg[/img]

Looks like a hoot!
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 2:13:29 PM EDT
[#36]
McUZI,

What field of study are you in?
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 2:20:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Hey, if that's a ladle for gravy, them's some serious doods.  That tips the scale for me (pun intended)!  I want in!
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 2:36:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, you obviously do not.

View Quote

Yet you ridicule, criticize, lash out towards, and attempt to trivialize the reasoning similarly intelligent members have for not joining MENSA.

View Quote

Coming for the resident king of stereotypes, I'm sure we'll all appreciate the aptness of that comment.

View Quote

No, I said if insecure, narrow minded folk like you are who I can expect to meet at a MENSA meeting, then no thanks. And yes, I would easily qualify to be a member.

Personally, I would think that if your fellow MENSA members were to read much of your past narrow minded, racist, bigoted, and now supposedly "intellectually superior" commentary here, that would want to be seperated from YOU.
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 2:49:59 PM EDT
[#39]
MENSA, huh, never heard of it.  The name kinda sounds like a person who jacks off while watching himself in a mirror so he can critique his job performance after the toxins have left the building. :->
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 2:52:39 PM EDT
[#40]
I'd rather be in a club with a bunch of down to earth, honest, ethical, good hearted dumbshits than I would want to be in a club with a bunch of intellectual brainiacs with abrasive personalities and egos the size of water buffalos.
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 2:55:47 PM EDT
[#41]
McMensa, just what is it that mensa offers that you find so appealing ??
What do you get for your yearly dues ??
Do you get discounts at restaurants ??
Discounts at planetariums and museums ??
Free admission at the mensa self love fanboy convention ??
Free towing ??
A battery jump if you intentionally leave your car door ajar ?? (I say intentionally because no self loving mensa member would do something on accident)
Please tell us why you feel the need to be a mensa member.
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 3:12:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 6:08:13 PM EDT
[#43]
McUZI,

IF you are as bright as you assert, and I for one believe you, why then are you so sensitive about it?  Why must you keep reminding us?  WE know you're sharp...and you constant blathering about it makes you appear very insecure.

I DO believe you.

Now...why not put those brains to good use?

Got your PhD yet?  Why not get one?

How about one in applied physics?  You might discover a peaceful use for atomic fusion.

How one in microbiology?  With your brains and intensity, you might finally discover a cure for cancer.

How about an MD?  One day you could be the guy that fixes my heart.

How about a career as a military officer?  As a retired swabbie, I can think of lots of jobs aboard our ships that would REALLY challenge your intellect...and keep you very busy.  It did the trick for me for 28 years.  Warfighting is truly a science and you might just find it extremely stimulating.

In the meantime, take a step back and relax.  Life is too damn short to sweat this stuff...and yours is about to change anyway...Dad.

Link Posted: 8/30/2002 6:42:14 PM EDT
[#44]
So McUZI, how many members that you know believe in God or Jesus?
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 6:58:13 PM EDT
[#45]
I took the test 5 years ago. Of course I'm more like I am now than I was then. How 'bout you?
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 7:07:37 PM EDT
[#46]
I always wanted to join WOMENSA.  Who the hell wants to hang around with a bunch of MENSA?
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 7:08:50 PM EDT
[#47]
McUzi says: "I for one am very small"

Yes, you are. In more ways than you imagine. Your pontificating is boring. No quantity of intelligence can make up for your insecurity. It's the foundation for a suicide. Be careful.

Link Posted: 8/30/2002 7:14:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Amazing.

It is incredible how this self proclaimed geinous supposedly is the smartest thing in the world, yet he can't tell when peopel are sick of listening to his mindless ramblings. He's only been told twice by the same mod to clam up, and he still hasn't caught on.
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 7:46:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 7:58:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Smart people are common.

It's wise people who impress me.
View Quote
Yes, I wrote something very similar on the first MENSA thread.

But I was called "dumb" and told that's just another "coping mechanism" by a certain member who described himself as being "smart" and more "superior". [whacko]

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top