Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2002 11:19:04 PM EDT
...I am now assuming control. I just went to the bookstore today and there was a really nice womenz that caught my eye. I kinda followed her around, but when she started following me I got scared (didn't want a replay of the mall incident) and went to leave the place, but not before this book got my attention:

[img]images.amazon.com/images/P/0515128422.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg[/img]

It is a near future novel about the Chinese taking over Asia, the Middle East [Israel got nuked because they used nukes first] and finally setting it's sights on the U.S.

From the little I have read so far, it is hard to put down, but within first 12 pages I already found a major gun related error:

"She then grabbed her M16 which came with an M249. The 40mm grenade launcher, mounted underneath the barrel, looked like a toy."

There is a mention about "partisan snipers behind enemy lines who have vowed to go down fighting" so it may have a pro-gun message.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 11:26:58 PM EDT
[#1]
"mall incident" ?  This sounds good....I assume its been posted before, could you point me in the right direction?  :-)  (unless, of course, you'd like to recount it here)

As for the book, well, the next time I'm in a bookstore I'll be sure to check it out.  Sounds interesting.

FOTBR
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 11:33:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Hadn't seen that one yet.....read ARC LIGHT, a pretty good read.

As for Eric Harry, yes he is pro-gun, pro freedom, a good guy. I had the pleasure of meeting him a couple of years ago after he wrote Arc Light.  He's a fellow alumnus of the military academy that I attended during high school.  [url=www.mma-tx.org] Marine Military Academy [/url]
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 4:23:30 AM EDT
[#3]
"She then grabbed her M16 which came with an M249. The 40mm grenade launcher, mounted underneath the barrel, looked like a toy."
View Quote

I see no Pulitzer Prize in this author's future. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 4:30:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 6:20:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I remember the first time I read this book... back when it was called "Red Dawn."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top